So Many People going in September

Sunshineglow68

I thought that September was one of the slowest months to go to WDW so I booked my reservations for Sept. 24-28, well in looking at the Trip Counter, there are 146 trips schuduled for September. That is a lot more than most of the other months. What's up with that?

We went last September 18-23. Crowds were pretty good everyday no matter what park we were at. The longest we had to wait for anything was Toy Story. The queue said it was a 45 min wait but it was really only 20-25 min.

We went to MNSSHP one night and that was the only time the place was packed. Even then we didn't have much trouble with the rides. Most people were trick or treating, watching shows, etc.

It was really hot but worth it not dealing with large crowds. I've been a few times during spring break. The weather was amazing but the crowds were horrible so I'll always take the heat over crowds. This year we are going the week after Thanksgiving. I can't wait to see the Christmas decorations! Hopefully it won't be busy either ;)

Upvote 0

bethymouse

Conga-what?

What is Congaloosh? Is it a private event? How many people attend?
Wow- this month of September idea is getting a bit hectic it seems!:eek:

Upvote 0

Rescue Ranger

Be there from the 18th-23rd and then from there we set sail on the Dream. Can't wait, I'm already waaaay to anxious about going and can't stop thinking about it every day.....and I was just there a few weeks ago :eek:

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

Yeah, we're going then too! I was hoping for light crowds but now I'm not so sure! Can't wait for MNSSHP! Anyone else going?

We'll be there for a long weekend, and we're doing MNSSHP on the 21st. We went on the 30th last year. It was crowded at points during the day, but it was never like it is in May.
The actual event was not too crowded at all. Since we have annual passes, we were already in the park that day. They passed out the bracelets early so we didn't have to wait in line. They pass them out at lots of locations. We picked ours up at Tortouga across from Pirates; same for MVMCP in December. What I really like now, is that last year they started enforcing the wristbands. They closed all the stores and you couldn't get in without the wristband, and they had cm's hand to hand across the walkthroughs to each area checking for wristbands or you could not get through, so this cut the crowd down a lot. They used to allow people to stay in, but they wouldn't let them on the rides like at afterhours, but this was so much better for those of us who paid that extra money for the event. It cut down on the parade crowds also. Tip The 10:30 parade is far less crowded than the earlier one and an absolute must see if you like zombies and such. The Villians show in front of the castle a little while after the parade is also a must see.

Upvote 0

MrsWhiffo

Tattooed Disney Geekster
I'm there 20th sept till 4th Oct, I am not particularly worried.

The weekend before the the 30th is going to be busy, but as it is epcot rather than MK and the actual birthday is on a monday, I don't think it will be as busy as the 40th weekend. I think it will be more busy with fanboys than anything else, and is that a bad thing ;)

Upvote 0

mco65

We have gone in Sept 3 or 4 times and never had much of a crowd to worry about. NOt as slow as Feb but still very light. We are set for the 1st week of Sept this year.. not too worried about the crowds.. knock on wood! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

dave&di

We have gone in Sept 3 or 4 times and never had much of a crowd to worry about. NOt as slow as Feb but still very light. We are set for the 1st week of Sept this year.. not too worried about the crowds.. knock on wood! :rolleyes:

We're also there the 1st week of Sept! :wave:

Upvote 0

popcenturylover

We'll be there for a long weekend, and we're doing MNSSHP on the 21st. We went on the 30th last year. It was crowded at points during the day, but it was never like it is in May.
The actual event was not too crowded at all. Since we have annual passes, we were already in the park that day. They passed out the bracelets early so we didn't have to wait in line. They pass them out at lots of locations. We picked ours up at Tortouga across from Pirates; same for MVMCP in December. What I really like now, is that last year they started enforcing the wristbands. They closed all the stores and you couldn't get in without the wristband, and they had cm's hand to hand across the walkthroughs to each area checking for wristbands or you could not get through, so this cut the crowd down a lot. They used to allow people to stay in, but they wouldn't let them on the rides like at afterhours, but this was so much better for those of us who paid that extra money for the event. It cut down on the parade crowds also. Tip The 10:30 parade is far less crowded than the earlier one and an absolute must see if you like zombies and such. The Villians show in front of the castle a little while after the parade is also a must see.

Thanks for the info!:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom