So Many People going in September

Sunshineglow68

I thought that September was one of the slowest months to go to WDW so I booked my reservations for Sept. 24-28, well in looking at the Trip Counter, there are 146 trips schuduled for September. That is a lot more than most of the other months. What's up with that?

draybook

We also went in 2008 and pretty much had the parks to ourselves! We next went in 2010 and noticed the crowds were bigger BUT still managable. Hopefully this will be the case this Sept, if lines are any longer than 25 mins I won't bother, I've never had to wait longer than this at the parks. I don't have the patience! :eek:

Agreed. We were the same time and it was great.

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it; eventually you are going to see the 'busy' and 'slow' times flip. With SO many travel/touring/fan/etc. sites saying how great September is and how awful December/July are, you will eventually see higher attendance in Sept. (and the other slower months) than you will around Christmas or summer vacation. It might take 10 years, but you mark my words it will happen :D

When did you guys go? I know we were there right after Labor Day for a little over a week each time. That 2008 trip really spoiled us. I had read that crowds would be light but it exceeded our expectations by far. We didn't go back in September until 2011 and there was a HUGE difference.

Upvote 0

dave&di

When did you guys go? I know we were there right after Labor Day for a little over a week each time. That 2008 trip really spoiled us. I had read that crowds would be light but it exceeded our expectations by far. We didn't go back in September until 2011 and there was a HUGE difference.

In 2008, we arrived on Sept 4th, hardly any crowds at all! In 2010 we arrived on the 8th, the difference in crowds were amazing, but still managable though.

Upvote 0

CP_alum08

We went in '09 for a long weekend around the 20th. I can remember vividly being the only ones walking around Adventureland one day!

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
There definitely aren't any slow months anymore but if you're looking at the trip countdowns around here chances are the slower or more managable months are when everyone around here go (ie the people in the know).

That's why you see September and May as being two of the more populated trip countdown groups.

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

Yeah, we were there too at the time. And that year really spoiled us too. I remember walking onto Space Mountain in the middle of the afternoon. As in walking on, nobody in front of me!!! We've also gone during Sept. in '10 and '11. Every year we've seen an increase with last Sept. being the most drastic change. It was really busy last Sept., a lot of visitors from South America everywhere! We were at a full show for Indiana Jones and they were asking the volunteers that were picked where they were from. One guy said he was Uraguay and half the stadium errupted in a cheer. Seriously!

Upvote 0

PartOfYourWorld

Also, the majority of the people who are going might be going at the end of the month for the inaugural Tower of Terror 10-miler which is actually full to capacity. So with that, Food & Wine, Free Dining, and EPCOTs 30th..there will most likely be alot of people that last week.

We went for the first time at the end of September last year and during the week it was great until Friday hit, and the 40th so that weekend was really bad, but other than that I didn't find it too bad.

Upvote 0

smk

Gosh- I was hoping the crowds would be much more manageable in Sept since school's back in session! Here's hoping to light crowds the week of Sept. 23-29!:eek:

I'll be there those exact dates! We always go in September, it can be crowded but the wait times are never too bad. We always have such a good time, the weather is good (please no hurricanes!) and the party is so much fun, we just can't miss it!

Upvote 0

bethymouse

The H word!

I'll be there those exact dates! We always go in September, it can be crowded but the wait times are never too bad. We always have such a good time, the weather is good (please no hurricanes!) and the party is so much fun, we just can't miss it!

Can't wait! I am absolutley OBSESSED!:eek: I agree- no hurricanes please!:dazzle:

Upvote 0

MickeyPeace

I've been going in Sept since 2008 also. I concur that 2008 there was hardly a crowd. During MNSSHP it was so slow that I thought people stopped coming to WDW. (I hadn't been there for 8 yrs).

Each year since has been busier and busier.

But last year was insane. It was busier than October.

Upvote 0

popcenturylover

I thought that September was one of the slowest months to go to WDW so I booked my reservations for Sept. 24-28, well in looking at the Trip Counter, there are 146 trips schuduled for September. That is a lot more than most of the other months. What's up with that?

Gosh- I was hoping the crowds would be much more manageable in Sept since school's back in session! Here's hoping to light crowds the week of Sept. 23-29!:eek:

I am going September 23 thru 28th also :)

Yeah, we're going then too! I was hoping for light crowds but now I'm not so sure! Can't wait for MNSSHP! Anyone else going?

Upvote 0

plaz10

I'm thinkin (hoping) that a lot of people who saw Free Dining offers decided to go towards the end of the month/Oct time so they could cash in on free dining during F&W festival.

This is the hope as I'm going in mid Sept. But it seems the more I say that people say "Hey we'll be down there too!" :lol:

The way I see it - It's Disney. It's gonna be busy. But if I get up early - use proper FP/Disney knowledge and utilize EMH - I'll have no problem doing everything I want over 7 days.

Upvote 0

a2grafix

With Food & Wine, MNSSHP, Epcot's 30th and Free Dining this September is going to be chaotic! I was going to go around the end of Sept/Oct but, then changed my mind as January seems to be less hectic since no big events are going on.

Also, the majority of the people who are going might be going at the end of the month for the inaugural Tower of Terror 10-miler which is actually full to capacity. So with that, Food & Wine, Free Dining, and EPCOTs 30th..there will most likely be alot of people that last week.

We went for the first time at the end of September last year and during the week it was great until Friday hit, and the 40th so that weekend was really bad, but other than that I didn't find it too bad.

On top of that Sept. 29 Tower of Terror 10 miler event, which I am scheduled to participate.

There is also Congaloosh 2012, the now annual Adventurers Club an appreciation weekend the last weekend of September, marking the September 2008 closure of the Pleasure Island club.

Upvote 0

fmingo36

As previous posters have mention, the end of Sept. should be busier than usual with Free Dining, the Tower of Terror 10 Mile Race, Epcot's Anniversary, the Food & Wine Fest, and MNSSHP.
Disney is making it a great time to visit!

There are also a few Jewish Holidays in Mid and late Sept. (Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur).
We live an area with a large Jewish population so our public schools are closed for those days. Not that everyone is heading to Disney during those days off but I'm sure some people will take advantage of those extra long weekends.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom