Trip Report So Long Winter, Hello Disney Magic – A January Cruise Trip Report

Well it’s been a couple weeks since we have been home from our cruise and there’s no better way to deal with the post-cruise blues than reliving it through a trip report. So let’s get this trip report started! :D

The Details:

Who: Me (Ashley) and my husband (Wes)

IMG_8753.jpg

When: January 11th – 18th, 2015 on the Disney Magic

What: A 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise complete with stops in Cozumel, Mexico, Grand Cayman Islands, and Falmouth, Jamaica.

This was our 3rd Disney cruise and our first time on the Disney Magic. I was really excited to see one of the classic ships since we have only been on the Dream and Fantasy up until this point. We were interested to see what we thought about the Magic compared to the two newer ships. I was also really excited to see the re-imagined elements of the ship.

This cruise went by WAAAAAAAAY too fast which must mean that we had a LOT of fun! :D

Saturday, January 10th – Warm Weather Here We Come!

We were doing things a little differently this trip. Normally we are on the first flight out of Raleigh in the morning but since this was a January cruise, I really wanted to be in Orlando the day before. I was so worried that there would be a snowstorm or our flight would be delayed so I figured it was best to play it safe. Since we weren’t coming in the same day as we sailed away, there was no need to get there so early since we wouldn’t have a car.

Our flight was at 3:50pm which felt so odd. Normally we have already spent half a day in WDW by this point. We lucked out and didn’t have any bad weather today so our flight was on time and uneventful.

C39C2B96-D2FB-4DBE-A8B6-E71940531826.jpg

Airport toes ready to go!

We arrived in Orlando at 5:40pm and picked up our bags from baggage claim. That was the one downside to arriving early; Disney wouldn’t be picking up our bags for us. :( Our bags arrived (woo hoo!) and we made our way to the Hyatt Regency Orlando, which is located inside the Orlando airport. We’ve never stayed there before but we’ve walked by it a million times. I was really excited to see what it’s like inside.

B653B700-9FA8-48C1-AB67-69B12381CC31.jpg

We’re here! :D

I had done online check in before we even left our house and gotten a text that our room was ready. We stopped by the front desk to get our keys and get the information about what to do tomorrow for the cruise.

We were on the 7th floor and all the way around the other side of the hotel. I was happy to see that our room overlooked the airport. :D Hahaha Wes thought I was crazy but I wanted to see how noisy it was from those rooms. I’ve always wondered what it was like while walking through the airport so now we would find out.

IMG_8147.jpg

IMG_8149.jpg

IMG_8150.jpg

IMG_8151.jpg

IMG_8152.jpg

IMG_8157.jpg

IMG_8158.jpg

Hello!

IMG_8159.jpg

IMG_8154.jpg

View from our room

IMG_8155.jpg

I thought the room was really nice. We could definitely hear the noise from the airport but it wasn’t that loud. The hallways in the hotel were especially quiet. Wes and I both commented at how quiet they were!

Since we knew we were getting in to Orlando around dinner time, I had asked my friend Maggie if she wanted to meet up for dinner. Maggie is the friend from my March trip report, and she just moved down to Orlando. Yay! She was previously in Chicago so I was super happy to hear that she got transferred to Orlando because it means that I will get to see her more with my many visits down there. :D

When we got to our room, I gave Maggie a call and she came and picked us up at the airport and we all went to dinner out in Orlando. Maggie was also nice enough to take us to a liquor store so we could stock up for our cruise! :D This would be the first time we would have access to a car so I was looking forward to saving some money by bringing our own alcohol on the ship.

We had a great time at dinner catching up with Maggie. After our run to the liquor store, it was time to head back to the hotel so we could get a good night’s sleep.

Sunday, January 11th – We’re Sailing Away

We woke up this morning around 8am after a very good night’s sleep. I’m happy to report that we didn’t hear any noise from the airport throughout the night. :D

Wes was a wonderful husband and went to get us Krispy Kreme donuts for breakfast. :D I should have been up getting ready but instead, I decided to lay in bed for a little bit longer. We enjoyed our donuts while we got ready and filled out the paperwork so we could leave our bags in the room for Disney to take care of. I was a little worried about our bags showing up but luckily all bags ended up making it to our stateroom later in the day! I’m always so worried about luggage getting lost but this system was really easy. You leave your bags in your room and then turn in a paper to the cast member before you board the bus. That’s it. It was so nice and even nicer when we saw that our bags made it! Hahaha

We left our room at the Hyatt a little after 9am. I wanted to already be down at the buses at 9am since that’s when they open but it wasn’t meant to be. We made our way down to Disney’s Magical Express area of the airport to catch our motor coach to the port.

IMG_8160.jpg

IMG_8162.jpg

DEF67FA6-5B9C-44BB-BEBA-2CAFB8B10740.jpg

We got in line around 9:20am and were able to board the first bus leaving. Woo hoo! It wasn’t too crowded at the check in area but our bus was full.

1E9C48B5-2093-4277-A330-12FFA3A1686A.jpg

IMG_8164.jpg

90A995E2-E1A7-4B27-B74E-EFEFFC05F204.jpg

I love these seats!

As soon as we started going on the bus I realized that I forgot to take my Dramamine! Yikes! I quickly took my less drowsy Dramamine so I wouldn’t get carsick or seasick later in the night. I asked Wes if he wanted one but he said no. More on that later… :confused:

IMG_8165.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Wednesday, January 14th – A Relaxing Day in Grand Cayman and Dinner at Palo

This morning we were stopping in Grand Cayman but Wes and I weren’t getting off the ship. We stopped in Grand Cayman on our last cruise and took the bus tour excursion. We weren’t too impressed with the island so we decided to just enjoy some extra time on the ship.

We went to Cabanas again for breakfast and found a spot outside. For some reason I only took a picture of my plate. Silly me.

IMG_8764.jpg

Sometime after breakfast we made our way to the adult pool. Wes decided he was going to go to the gym while I lounged. :) I really didn’t take many pictures this morning. I just enjoyed the nice weather and my book. It was so crazy, that I just couldn’t put it down.

IMG_8765.jpg

Wes joined me in my lounging after the gym. We eventually went to get lunch at Pete’s Boiler Bites and brought the food back to the tables over in the adult area. It’s just so much quieter over there.

191B7123-D8D9-41B6-AADF-DABB6FE46459.jpg

71B2927B-2D92-4192-B416-23E277FD363C_1.jpg

We continued lounging and eventually I started taking pictures again.

IMG_8769.jpg

IMG_8772.jpg

IMG_8777.jpg

IMG_8780.jpg

IMG_8781.jpg

IMG_8782.jpg

IMG_8787.jpg

Around 4:30pm we made our way back to our room after a gorgeous day spent relaxing at the Quiet Cove Pool. After the gym, Wes had gone back to our stateroom and ran into our stateroom hostess. He asked her if she could put down the upper berth pull down bed for us. I know it was only the two of us, but I really wanted to see what it looked like. That may sound weird but I wanted to see what the stateroom would feel like with an extra person.

IMG_8789.jpg

IMG_8791.jpg

I thought the bed was pretty cool and it didn’t take up a ton of space. I was sad that it didn’t have the stars above the bed like on the newer ships. Oh well.

It was now time for us to get ready for dinner at Palo. :D Our reservations were for 6pm.

IMG_8793.jpg

We got to the restaurant a few minutes before 6 and they hadn’t opened yet. We ran into Liam and Noreen, our table 6 mates, while waiting for the restaurant to open. :) I went outside real quick to take some pictures.

IMG_8794.jpg

IMG_8796.jpg

IMG_8798.jpg

IMG_8800.jpg

I went back inside and they were opening the restaurant. We were the first table of the night to be seated. We had a great table up against the windows towards the center of the restaurant.

IMG_8801.jpg

IMG_8802.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_8804.jpg

IMG_8807.jpg

Our waiter came over and was very friendly. I can’t remember his name now. Darn. He brought out the antipasti to get our wonderful dinner started.

IMG_8810.jpg

IMG_8813.jpg

View from our table

IMG_8814.jpg

For appetizers, Wes got the mozzarella and tomatoes and I went with the calamari. It’s the same options we chose the last two times we’ve eaten at Palo. :)

IMG_8815.jpg

IMG_8816.jpg

For entrees, we each went with the filet. Last time I didn’t get the filet and I was really sad that I didn’t. So this time I made sure to order it. Our server actually brought out a little sample of the lobster ravioli, which was also delicious.

IMG_8817.jpg

IMG_8818.jpg

We had a really great meal but it was around the time our entrees came out that I realized that I forgot to take my Dramamine this morning. Well, at least, I couldn’t remember if I took my Dramamine. I was feeling a little iffy from the rocking of the ship and with the restaurant being Aft it was extra shaky. Wes kept telling me that I took it, partially to act as a placebo for myself so I would think I was okay. :) I was fine throughout the meal but couldn’t enjoy everything as much as normal once I realized that I might have forgotten to take my medicine.

I told myself to calm down since I couldn’t do anything until after dinner and enjoyed our dessert! Our server came over to take our order for dessert and he said “you know what you have to order, right?” and I responded with “yes, the chocolate soufflé.” Well, with that he was off to put in our order. I actually wanted to see a dessert menu to order something else but he had already left and I felt bad saying something. Hahaha Oh well. The soufflé is really good but I was wanting to try something different. Next time…

IMG_8821.jpg

We had a fabulous dinner at Palo. To us, it’s so worth the extra cost. After dinner we made our way back to our stateroom so I could take a Dramamine because I was pretty sure I forgot to earlier. We found a very cute towel animal waiting for us.

IMG_8822.jpg

When we got to the room, Wes started taking off his tie. I tried to stop him so we could take a mirror picture but I was too late. We attempted to take a picture in our formal attire anyway but we struggled. :D

IMG_8827.jpg

IMG_8828.jpg

IMG_8829.jpg

That’s the best we could do

It was then time to go see the second showing of Twice Charmed. I really don’t like seeing the later show because there are so many more kids there. Hahaha I know that sounds terrible. I don’t mind children but when you are surrounded by so many, it can be annoying. :) Especially when you don't have any of your own.

I really wasn’t a fan of this show. The whole time I kept thinking, didn’t they make a straight to DVD Cinderella movie with a similar premise? Oh well. You can’t like all the stage shows.

After the show, we made our way up to Deck 9 to grab a late night snack. :) Wes wanted to get some pizza so I took some pictures while he made his way to Pinocchio’s.

IMG_8830.jpg

A5AF41E3-BF86-4376-BD3E-D51291D43129.jpg

IMG_8835.jpg

We took the pizza back to our stateroom and watched some movies before heading to bed.

IMG_8845.jpg

Up next: A gorgeous day in Falmouth!

DisneyPrincess5

Loving your report so far! It appears as though you and I make very similar food choices:joyfull:
DH and I always say we would love to try a cruise, but neither of us (especially me) are psyched about water or the ocean and we both have a fear of being trapped or not being able to be independent when we want to (coming, going, getting off as we please). Maybe one day...

mrdrift

I love having a relaxing day on the ship when most people go ashore. You can do anything you want and there are no crowds anywhere on the ship. Dinner look really fantastic and making me really hungry. Keep the food pictures coming. Following along.

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Loving your report so far! It appears as though you and I make very similar food choices:joyfull:
DH and I always say we would love to try a cruise, but neither of us (especially me) are psyched about water or the ocean and we both have a fear of being trapped or not being able to be independent when we want to (coming, going, getting off as we please). Maybe one day...

Thanks for reading! I was so worried about doing a cruise. I was really worried about a Poseidon Adventure or Titanic situation. After the first cruise, it totally changed my perception and now I love them! You can really come and go as you please as long as it is within the hours that you are docked in a port. If you sign up for an excursion, then of course you have to go when they tell you but you don't have to do any of their excursions. You can go out on your own and explore the ports as you wish. If you aren't sure about the cruises, try a 3 or 4 night one first and see how it goes. You may just find that you love it. :D

I love having a relaxing day on the ship when most people go ashore. You can do anything you want and there are no crowds anywhere on the ship. Dinner look really fantastic and making me really hungry. Keep the food pictures coming. Following along.

The relaxing days on the ship are what Wes loves the most. It's such a different vacation than WDW. More food pictures coming!

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Thursday, January 15th – A Quick Tour in Falmouth, Lots of Relaxation and Pirate Night

This morning we arrived in Falmouth, Jamaica. We had never been to Jamaica before so I wanted to do an excursion that would give us a good look of the island. I couldn’t find anything that I loved but I decided on the Chukka Horse and Buggy Through Historical Falmouth excursion. What I didn’t know when I picked the excursion was that the meet time was 7:45am. Yikes. That’s a little early for my liking but at least we would enjoy a full day in Jamaica.

We woke up a little later than we wanted and hurried down to Cabanas to grab a quick breakfast before we had to meet in D-Lounge.

IMG_8846.jpg

Wes’ plate

IMG_8847.jpg

My plate

IMG_8848.jpg

We waited for a little while in D Lounge before we left the ship. Our group today was slightly bigger than our excursion the other day. :) Today there were 8 of us on this excursion.

IMG_8850.jpg

I thought the port was really pretty. It looked like what I imagine Jamaica looked like in colonial times. It looked like it could be in a Pirates of the Caribbean movie.

IMG_8852.jpg

IMG_8854.jpg

IMG_8855.jpg

We walked through the main port area and met our horse and buggy. Oh, and our tour guide and driver too. :D

IMG_8859.jpg

IMG_8861.jpg

IMG_8865.jpg

Our driver, Orlando

We began our tour and exited the port. The entire port area is enclosed so you don’t have to actually leave the port to do any shopping. I really liked that about the port. We left the port and began our tour.

IMG_8866.jpg

IMG_8869.jpg

Looking back at the port

IMG_8870.jpg

IMG_8873.jpg

IMG_8875.jpg

IMG_8876.jpg

Our one stop on the tour was at the Trelawny Parish Church. The outside of this church felt like it should be in Pirates of the Caribbean.

IMG_8879.jpg

IMG_8880.jpg

IMG_8881.jpg

IMG_8882.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_8883.jpg

IMG_8884.jpg

IMG_8885.jpg

IMG_8886.jpg

IMG_8887.jpg

IMG_8889.jpg

IMG_8894.jpg

IMG_8895.jpg

IMG_8896.jpg

Not sure if you can see it, but there’s a goat wandering around this cemetery.

IMG_8897.jpg

IMG_8898.jpg

The church was really pretty. And the sky was so blue! I just couldn’t stop taking pictures.

IMG_8899.jpg

IMG_8900.jpg

After our quick stop at the church, we continued our horse and buggy tour and made our way back to the port. Our tour lasted about an hour. I thought the tour was just okay. There wasn’t a lot to see in Falmouth. Our tour guide did do a good job telling us all kinds of facts about Jamaica though which was nice since we didn’t have many things to look at besides residential houses. Falmouth isn’t the prettiest town and there were a lot of stray dogs wandering around. Seeing stray dogs always makes me really sad. :(

I’m not sure I would do another excursion in Falmouth. I wouldn’t mind seeing another city in Jamaica but think I will just stay on the ship or walk around the port if we stop in Falmouth again.

We got back to the port and decided to check out Margaritaville.

IMG_8901.jpg

IMG_8903.jpg

IMG_8904.jpg

We walked through the store and then stopped to get some free wifi. :D I was really tempted to buy something in the store but Wes thought it was dumb to go to Jamaica and then the only souvenir I would buy would be from a Margaritaville. But I love Jimmy Buffett!:p

It was only 9:30am at this point so we didn’t quite feel like drinking yet. We walked around the port a little bit and then decided to get back on the ship.

7739E58A-55B4-4DBA-8F5D-E877BA56DDD1.jpg

IMG_8905.jpg

IMG_8908.jpg

IMG_8911.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
We went back to our stateroom to get our bathing suits on and head up to the pool.

IMG_8913.jpg

IMG_8914.jpg

View of the port from Deck 10

IMG_8920.jpg

We went back to our usual spot at the Quiet Cove Pool and enjoyed the B-E-A-U-tiful weather. :D Hahaha Natalie, our cruise director, kept saying the word beautiful like that. If I remember correctly from our last cruise, I think Brent also said it like that. :)

At some point we went back to Pete’s to get some lunch.

966B4084-0FBA-4BC9-A30C-7DF8F9323D46.jpg

E149C60D-3E83-49ED-8995-B5D5FC9F0DE6.jpg

Looking back at all the pictures I’m realizing that I ate a lot of hot dogs this cruise. Hahaha

When we got back from lunch, we were feeling a little crispy so we decided to spend some time in the shade. We went up to Deck 10 and sat under a covered portion of the deck.

A5EC7FBF-A53A-49E8-8A0C-67239FC1369E.jpg

Wes took a nap and eventually I feel asleep too. We woke up around 4 and made our way back to the room. Of course, that meant we had to order the All Hands on Deck again.

IMG_8923.jpg

Our FAVORITE!

If I remember correctly, I read my book for a little bit and then took a nap on the upper berth pull down bed. I wanted to see if it was comfy. The answer is yes. :) It was kind of nice sleeping up there. I’m only about 5’2” so it might not be so comfy for a taller person but I wouldn’t mind having to sleep on that bed. It did make some creaking noises periodically due to the movement of the ship and myself but it wasn’t anything too loud.

After my catnap, we went up to see Pirates of the Caribbean on the Funnel Vision. I thought this was very fitting since it was Pirate night. I decided to walk around a little bit to get some pictures of the sunset.

IMG_8924.jpg

IMG_8926.jpg

IMG_8928.jpg

Goodbye Falmouth!

IMG_8931.jpg

IMG_8933.jpg

IMG_8934.jpg

IMG_8935.jpg

I couldn’t decide which one I liked best so I had to post all 3 :)

IMG_8939.jpg

IMG_8943.jpg

IMG_8944.jpg

We didn’t stay for the whole movie because there was another Movie Quotes Trivia in O’Gills that we wanted to do. We also had to get changed into our Pirate attire. :) Since it was Pirate Night, I switched out our magnet to fit the theme.

IMG_8947.jpg

And again, since it was Pirate Night, I felt that a drink was necessary.

IMG_8948.jpg

The drink was very good. It was the drink of the day, a Sunken Treasure.

Sadly, yet again, we didn’t win trivia. :( We actually tied with 4 other teams and then missed the bonus question. After trivia it was time to head to dinner.

IMG_8950.jpg

Lots of pirates out in the lobby

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_8952.jpg

We were back in Carioca’s tonight, which I thought was very fitting for Pirate Night.

IMG_8954.jpg

IMG_8960.jpg

Such cute menus

I ordered another drink at dinner. Hey, it was Pirate Night! :D

IMG_8962.jpg

Captain’s Treasure

IMG_8963.jpg

For appetizers, I got the crab cake and Wes got the pot stickers. Both were very tasty! I loved the crab cake!

IMG_8965.jpg

IMG_8966.jpg

For the salad course, I had ordered Mr. Smee’s Bibb Lettuce Salad. I got my salad and thought it was weird that there was chicken on it since I didn’t remember seeing that on the menu. I figured, oh well and started cutting up my salad. Mike then said “isn’t my salad supposed to have chicken on it?” He told Luis and he took his salad back to get the right one. It was at that moment that I realized, “Wait a minute. I think I got your salad.” I offered to give it to Mike and told him I had only cut the salad and hadn’t taken a bite yet. Luis said “no, that’s okay. We’ll get you both new ones.” Everyone was laughing at me that I kept saying “all I did was cut it up” :D

Anyway, in the confusion of who’s salad was who’s, I forgot to take a picture of the actual salad I ordered. But here’s a picture of the Jerk Chicken Salad.

IMG_8968.jpg

For entrees, I got the grilled shrimp and seared scallops over pasta and Wes got the beef short ribs. Again, two very good choices.

IMG_8969.jpg

IMG_8971.jpg

IMG_8972.jpg

Such cute dessert menus!

IMG_8973.jpg

I got the Sweet Temptations and Wes went with the rum cake. Man, was that cake strong! I had a tiny portion of it on my plate and you could really taste the rum.

IMG_8977.jpg

IMG_8978.jpg

At the end of dinner, there was limbo stick and the servers and guests formed a conga line around the restaurant. It was a fun end to our Pirate Night dinner.

IMG_8980.jpg

After dinner we made our way up to Deck 10 to grab a spot for the Pirate party. By the time we got up there, there weren’t any spots up against the railing left on the port side of the ship. We settled on a spot behind some kids so we could see the stage a little bit. I pretty much held up my camera in the air and just clicked. :) It was an interesting way to take pictures but I managed to snag some that weren’t too bad.

IMG_8986.jpg

IMG_9001.jpg

IMG_9002.jpg

It’s Pierre Luc! He was a dancing machine!

There’s Natalie, our cruise director. She was also dancing with her fellow cast member. They knew all the dance moves. Wes said I was being a creeper taking these picture. :D

IMG_9003.jpg

IMG_9011.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_9019.jpg

While we were waiting for the party to begin, Wes and I noticed the wires hanging over the deck and we were pretty sure they weren’t there earlier in the week. I kept an eye out on the funnels to see who would be popping in. :)

IMG_9032.jpg

Can you see him?

IMG_9038.jpg

It’s Mickey!!

IMG_9039.jpg

IMG_9044.jpg

Mickey flew in and then it was time for the fireworks. Again, with these pictures, I just held my camera down and clicked. I didn’t want to watch the fireworks through my camera since I never seem to get any good photos anyway. I was really happy with the way these turned out.

IMG_9048.jpg

IMG_9056.jpg

IMG_9058.jpg

The fireworks were a lot longer than on our previous cruise. Later we asked and it turns out that the fireworks are actually now twice as long as before. It was a major improvement to the whole Pirate party!

IMG_9062.jpg

We decided to skip the buffet in Cabanas and head to the Buena Vista Theater to see Big Hero 6. We hadn’t seen this movie either so we were looking forward to seeing it (and hoping it was better than the two other movies we saw this cruise).

We got to the theater and we were the only people there.

IMG_9070.jpg

IMG_9072.jpg

IMG_9075.jpg

0EC9161A-8DF8-4F67-8447-BDE30474E025.jpg

Movie theater toes

Having the theater to ourselves didn’t last long. The theater ended up getting pretty full by the time the movie started.

We LOVED this movie! Baymax is too cute. I loved the fist bump scene. Ba-la-la-la-la. :D Hahaha

We went back to our stateroom and found some things waiting for us.

IMG_9076.jpg

IMG_9077.jpg

CUTE!

I realized that we didn’t take a picture of our pirate outfits so I asked Wes to pose before he took off his outfit. This is what I got.

IMG_9079.jpg

IMG_9081.jpg

That’s a little better

IMG_9082.jpg

IMG_9084.jpg

I was seriously struggling with the mirror shots this trip

And with that, it was time for bed. :)

Up next: Our last sea day :(

mrdrift

What a wonderful day in Jamaica. The pirates party looked really awesome with everyone dressing as pirates. Dinner looked really delicious, I only wish I had the scratch n sniff screen so I could have a sample of the food. I think it's cool to take pictures of the staff so you can remember the people that help make the cruise special. Following along.

abzoo

Vol-de-mort! Vol-de-mort! :D

Yep. Awesome choice. The Office references are always a good idea. I played Quidditch in college and there was another team that called themselves Team Voldemort. It's really just an all-around great name for trivia or anything else!

Great trip report-- your photos are amazing!

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
What a wonderful day in Jamaica. The pirates party looked really awesome with everyone dressing as pirates. Dinner looked really delicious, I only wish I had the scratch n sniff screen so I could have a sample of the food. I think it's cool to take pictures of the staff so you can remember the people that help make the cruise special. Following along.

We did have a nice day in Jamaica! :) The pirate party was really fun. I was glad that we decided to dress up. I think it made us enjoy it more. It was fun seeing so many people dress up and get into the theme!

Yep. Awesome choice. The Office references are always a good idea. I played Quidditch in college and there was another team that called themselves Team Voldemort. It's really just an all-around great name for trivia or anything else!

Great trip report-- your photos are amazing!

Hahaha Vol-de-mort! Never gets old. :D

Thanks for reading! More coming now.

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Friday, January 16th – A Glorious Final Day at Sea

We decided to start our last day at sea off with some room service for breakfast.

IMG_9087.jpg

IMG_9090.jpg

After breakfast, we went up to the adult only pool and enjoyed our last day at sea. I didn’t even take any pictures. I actually left my camera in the room and just took my phone. I was truly relaxing. :) I didn’t take any pictures until lunch at Cabanas.

BB988CC8-BF3B-40F8-820B-69454267E5C2.jpg

Wes’ plate

FB1F9D8D-56BE-42FA-9498-E922132E0238.jpg

My plate

7D0FD358-3444-43E2-9DD0-3675532C8242.jpg

Wes’ dessert

418F1D1E-1021-421D-9999-6CDF777F399E.jpg

At 1:45 we went to an animation class to learn how to draw Donald. We hadn’t been to an animation class on the cruises before but we love the Animation Academy at Hollywood Studios so we wanted to give it a try.

We got to Animator’s Palate and saw our Table 6 mates Kay Beth and Mike there. :)

0C6F4995-AC2F-4588-B215-6866F9E78077.jpg

EE3EA05E-FECD-49BC-BC0A-93325BBDE0DC.jpg

6E5142F5-8B65-4294-B951-BA0A9C777DB6.jpg

0DD06ACF-8BDD-457F-B64A-8AABC7798DA1.jpg

6B02733A-661A-492B-AB2F-CF4EB8D3366E.jpg

440D4022-65F7-41D8-9CEA-6B67C9BA86CC.jpg

94E9AABB-AF32-40BB-897B-541ED956F5F9.jpg

Nice Wes

B94D5EC3-2978-4C61-ACE0-E80AC35343DF.jpg

13915A6B-0DFA-4B27-8FA6-59619B5C13C3.jpg

8F04BAC0-88A9-47AA-8EDE-57E0C8988557.jpg

760752CC-5C20-42EC-BF1D-F27F9C21D987.jpg

The animation class was really fun! I wish we had done more classes this cruise. Next time. :) They were drawing Pluto next but we wanted to go to Disney Tunes Trivia. We ran back to the room so I could grab my camera and then stopped by the soda station to fill up our cups.

IMG_9091.jpg

Cute carpet!

IMG_9094.jpg

Disney Tunes Trivia was happening in Preludes and there was a pretty big group of people there for trivia.

IMG_9096.jpg

It’s Rafael!

This cast member was dancing up a storm at the sail away party and we were excited to see him again. :) He had a great accent!

Sadly, again, we didn’t win trivia. We only missed one question! That meant that we missed 3 points. There was a mom and daughter there who got every single answer right. It wasn’t surprising since I had seen them the night before dressed as Wendy and Tinkerbell and the dad was dressed as Peter Pan. :) We just were striking out at trivia this cruise. You can’t win them all.

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
We decided to go up and get some snacks and bring them back to our room. I also had to take some more pictures of the funnel. :)

IMG_9098.jpg

IMG_9100.jpg

IMG_9101.jpg

IMG_9102.jpg

We enjoyed our snacks in the room and watched some movies. We then got ready for the show. Tonight’s show was Disney Dreams.

IMG_9103.jpg

IMG_9104.jpg

The show was really good! I can't say it's my favorite out of all the shows we've seen on Disney cruises but it's definitely up there. Wes thought it was good too but after it was over he said “man, I’m really over Cinderella” Hahaha :D She had been in a lot of shows this cruise.

We were back in Lumiere’s for dinner tonight.

IMG_9105.jpg

After eating a lot of not so healthy foods this week, I was really feeling like I needed some salad. So I ordered two salads. :) I don’t remember the names of the items we ordered tonight so the pictures will have to do.

IMG_9111.jpg

My first salad

IMG_9112.jpg

Wes’ appetizer

IMG_9113.jpg

My second salad

For entrees, I got the lobster and Wes got some chicken with pasta dish. I wish I hadn’t gotten the lobster because I Ketut brought us out some extra lobsters. I would have gotten something different on the menu to try if I had known he was going to bring out so many extras.

IMG_9115.jpg

IMG_9116.jpg

IMG_9117.jpg

For dessert, I went with the Sweet Temptations again. If you haven’t noticed, this seems to be a pattern for me. :) I can never decide so I figure that a small portion of a couple things is a good idea. Wes got the chocolate lava cake.

IMG_9120.jpg

IMG_9121.jpg

Dinner was wonderful. We were having a lot of fun with our tablemates. Mike suggested that we get a group photo tomorrow night with our servers.

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
After dinner, we weren’t sure what activity we wanted to do. We heard about a “So You Think You Know Your Family” game show in the D Lounge and thought it sounded fun. We hadn’t been to an event in D Lounge yet. We typically went to the adult only activities but we figured we’d give this a try.

There was a Family Dance Party that was ending when we got there. We grabbed a table towards the back. The families were having a blast dancing. It was fun to watch so many families getting along and having a good time. :)

IMG_9125.jpg

A server came over and asked if we wanted anything. At first we said no but then we decided to get something.

IMG_9127.jpg

The game show was really cute. Each team consisted of one child and one parent and they had to answer questions about each other. It was a match game where they would ask the parents to answer a question about the kids and vice versa. There were some really funny answers given by the kids. The best answer was when the cast member asked the kids what item their parents couldn’t live without and the one kid playing with his mom said wine. Hahaha :D The funniest part was that the kid got it right!!

IMG_9129.jpg

I’m glad we stopped in D Lounge. It was a cute game show and it was nice to see some of the family friendly activities that are offered.

It was time to head back to our room and call it a night.

IMG_9130.jpg

Another cute carpet

IMG_9133.jpg

IMG_9134.jpg

Oh no! Did you see those tip envelopes on the bed? That means the cruise is almost over!! :( :bawling: Beyond sad.

Up next: Our last day! :(

mrdrift

What a relaxing last day at sea. I was surprised by your lunch picture that had snow crab on the plate. They really offer seafood like crab and shrimp for lunch, is that everyday or just one day of the cruise? Those are some great drawings of Donald. Your dinner choices looked really delicious, and they brought you out some extra lobster tails. Man looking at all of the food pictures are making me gain 10 pounds. Keep them coming. Following along.

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
What a relaxing last day at sea. I was surprised by your lunch picture that had snow crab on the plate. They really offer seafood like crab and shrimp for lunch, is that everyday or just one day of the cruise? Those are some great drawings of Donald. Your dinner choices looked really delicious, and they brought you out some extra lobster tails. Man looking at all of the food pictures are making me gain 10 pounds. Keep them coming. Following along.

It was a great day at sea! This was the first day we had seen the snow crab at the buffet. I believe there was shrimp there more than one day but I didn't get any so I can't be certain.

Thanks! We had a lot of fun drawing Donald. I'm hoping to make it to a few more animation classes on our next cruise.

Oh man, the food was good! It's been hard looking at all these pictures again when I'm eating my own cooking. Hahaha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom