Trip Report So I guess Disney thinks Canadians do not celebrate Christmas?? A Max Trip Report- COMPLETED

A big hello to all my Disney friends:

As the title suggest this is a trip report regarding our recent Christmas adventure at Walt Disney World

Why the title you ask? I will keep you guessing on that one for a few days at least

Details leading up to the departure can be found here:

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...-max-the-girls-and-the-boys-do-disney.951075/

This is my 6th trip report on these boards so hopefully you have read at least one before

The reason I say that is that my style might not suit all - I can probably sum it up as

1) Shoot from the hip
2) Do not pull punches
3) Definitely not PC
4) Not always PG
5) As much Seinfeld references as @Tuvalu can handle
6) Not too heavy or too light on the Pixie dust -keep it real and call it as I see it

Quick introduction will come from:

Day 1 - Travel Day towards the US but not quite beyond the comfort of home:
Friday Dec 21, 2018

The original plan was to drive from our home in Waterloo Ont Canada to Buffalo NY on Sat Dec 22.
With a 10:35 am fight a same day drive could have worked.

We switched it up to a drive on the day before and booked a hotel in Niagara Falls Canada

(our B&B in Buffalo backed out on us - @Doc Disney can try to explain how she let us down!!!)

So here we are at the Embassy Suites on Friday enjoying our homemade Mickey cookies

Me (Max, Andrew, Clarence) and Tricia

1546644042766.png

My younger daughter Cassie and Shane (BF)
1546644075148.png

and my older daughter Stephanie and her fiancé Jordan
1546644098857.png

and this is all of us at the Falls ( selfies are harder with six people!!!)
1546644121013.png

This report will chronicle Disney trip 28 for me and lucky(?) 13 to WDW.
It is also 13 to WDW for Tricia
The girls celebrate 10 trips to the world
Trip 2 for Shane (though his memory of the first is limited)

And - 1ST TIME FOR JORDAN!!!!!!

More Day 1 to follow and then off to Buffalo the next day!!!

Welcome aboard, ashore and wherever we are!!!

Max

Last edited:

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
That is one glorious picture of Stitch
I was wondering if my American friends would be offended that he was replacing the eagle!!
I have to say that is my favorite Stitch pic too!!
I like the Norway shot myself
Thanks for continuing to follow
The PhotoPass game is too funny!
As long as it stays fun , it slipped a little bit near the end

Correction: I walked up and saw the four of them taking pictures at Italy so I decided I wanted a picture by myself! 🆒
My bad for not remembering it properly
Look out Sam the eagle - here comes Stitch the eagle 😉
Might catch on!!
I'm dying - I love this Photopass Game! Next time I got with my whole family this is happening. I also love Rivers of Light!
Your family would truly enjoy it - and glad to find any person that appreciates ROL

I love the Stitch photo sessions! I probably won't let my son see those photos, though, or else one of these guys
This is the first time I have ever done something like it and it was fun for me

I spy something with bark...
Nice - but do you not get the Canadian connection?

I will give you a hint - Brother Bear

I didn’t even spy anything yet!!

My sister and I (at 26 and 32) still play this is in the car! 😂
Ever since Brother Bear came out it is basically all about the trees

Thanks Max/Drew/Clarence!! I love me some Mexico Donald.
Just so you know - I had to explain to my family was I was taking the picture for my friend in New Zealand!!

I'm glad you enjoyed Le Cellier. I've seen so many "it's gone downhill and isn't as good as it used to be" comments on the board that it makes me question my ADR there.

Also I love all the boat pictures.
We really enjoyed it - we no longer do the dinning plan but when we did we started skipping this one because of the two credit thing.
By just paying for what you order it makes much more sense
This was our only boat ride - I find it more efficient to just walk but we wanted the boys to experience as much of Disney as we could in only 5 park days.

Hi everyone. This will be my first post Thought I would clarify some of dinner choices. Stephanie and I had the farmhouse salad. Jordan had the Maple glazed Brussels sprouts with his poutine. Stephanie shared this appetizer with him. I believe they both loved this app. The other app on the table is creamed spinach. I believe Cassie had this along with her salad. Most of us thought this was best meal of vacay. I ordered salad because Stephanie and I had snacks ( and wine ) too close to dinner. Oops!

Tricia
Thanks for the clarification Tricia

So how many TR on this board have had 4 family members posting??
Did we just raise the bar and set a new record????

I posted without reply... lol

Ahhh, the Grand Marnier Slushie! 😍😍 I make them at home sometimes, pretty darn close but not without Epcot.
I was calling it a Grey Goose slushy (which is not incorrect since GG is in there) but yes it is actually a GM slushy
And very tasty indeed

I will have to stop by for one of your home made version!!

Welcome Tricia, love reading about your family’s adventures. :)
Yes - all of the Max clan is here - except the boys!!

Kitchener? Waterloo? I recognize those. DH and I go Stratford just about every year. That whole region is fantastic.
Hey Hey! -small world indeed - next time you come this way please let me know - Stratford is less than 45 min away - we could do a non Disney location meet up!
Welcome to wdwmagic!
Yes - thanks to @TMax for her first post!
What was the maple leaf on your dessert tray! Looks like a pretty little cake? Just wondering if it was just as tasty.
Chocolate mousse!

I love the PP war! So fun! I went with some friends from a Harry Potter forum to London and we did the studio tour. We had a somewhat large group and we were all wandering around looking at different things. 2 of our group had asked a random stranger if he would mind taking a picture of them, just as I wandered up, so they had me join, and then another of our group saw and jumped in as well, and the stranger taking the photo looked so confused, not realizing we were all in the same group. So he just gestures to yet another one of our group, that he didn't know was in our group and says "Hey, should we just invite this guy into the picture, too?" and we all said "Yes!" It was quite amusing to see the look on the guy's face as we kept adding people and he had no idea we all knew each other. He thought people were just wandering into our picture and we were letting them.
This is a funny story!!
Did Jordan buy the hat? Isn't there someone who says it's ALWAYS teenage boys who wear those hats?
I just asked him to try it on to see if it looked better than Stitch - so no he did not buy it and I was not thinking about teenage boys!
That would be Em. 😉😊
And I was ready to make a similar comment about Jordan!
See above - no teenage boy stunt involved!!

Yay! More of the Max family! Welcome!
See above - I think 4 family members contributing to one Trip Report has raised the bar
@lostpro9het and @iamahistorygeek have been double teaming TRs for awhile but 4!!!
Gotta be a record!!!

Max

Last edited:

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 5 cont’d - Living Seas
We used a FP to ride the Nemo Living seas ride

Checked out the manatee - found out where all of the Romaine lettuce went to when they pulled it off the shelves

Sting ray!

Saw some divers

Just clowning around in this one

The girls tried to recreate an older pic
But they had to switch sides to be able to recreate both !!

The last one was circa 2004

Max

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

Wreath! ( finally)
View attachment 350166
Either they were getting harder to find or we were just getting tired
Or it was ...
View attachment 350175

Stephanie’s backup fiancé ( just in case)
View attachment 350167
Jazz hands??
View attachment 350168

Mexico!!

This one is for @Kiwiduck
View attachment 350169

View attachment 350170
View attachment 350172

Found the last one fairly easily
View attachment 350171
( and yes I know we did not have to find it because we only had I sticker left )

I spy with my little eye something that is green....

Tree!!!
View attachment 350173

A little Canadian content from Brother Bear

( does anyone get that reference??? )

Challenge accepted??

And then we returned our sheet and got our amazing reward for our struggles
View attachment 350174

A 4 pack of greeting cards!!!!
How exciting!!! (Not)
But it was a fun hunt that got everyone involved so it was worth it

Next up - liquid rejuvenation required

Max
I love Brother Bear. I think they animated that one at HS.

MySmallWorldof4

Hi everyone. This will be my first post Thought I would clarify some of dinner choices. Stephanie and I had the farmhouse salad. Jordan had the Maple glazed Brussels sprouts with his poutine. Stephanie shared this appetizer with him. I believe they both loved this app. The other app on the table is creamed spinach. I believe Cassie had this along with her salad. Most of us thought this was best meal of vacay. I ordered salad because Stephanie and I had snacks ( and wine ) too close to dinner. Oops!

Tricia
Welcome!

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 5 cont’d
After seas we went to use our Soarin fast pass

Line selfie #1

Almost there - stitch hanging out!

Line selfie #2 ( we waited for top row middle section since it was our only ride of the trip)

Patrick!!

All enjoyed it - although the cgi is overkill for me and takes away from the ride - I like the original more

It was Christmas evening and Santa was on vacation already

Line ups were cra cra

Next was our last FP for mission space

We did the full blown version
It was amazing
We joked and laughed about everything
Cassie was the engineer and she had to wake us up
At one point I was yelling:

Engineer!! Wake me up - I have to go go in my pants!!
And..

Push the red button- where is the red button - why do they even have a red button !!!

It was one of the best rides for that reason

T & S played the game while we rode

Max

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Yes I get it and I spy something verticalish. (Re watch the scene😉🐻)
Yes but the Canadian connection was that the two moose (Rutt and Tuke) were voiced by a Canadian comedy team .
Bob and Doug Mackenzie were characters created on SCTV (Second City Television) - an SNL type comedy sketch show
They were played by Dave Thomas and Rick Moranis (Honey I shrunk the kids)

Nice!

I love Brother Bear. I think they animated that one at HS.
I did not know that!! Thanks for the fun fact

Max

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 5 - wrap up
So after Mission Space we checked Test Track again
It was up and down all day so stand by was not a viable option because we wanted to watch Illuminations one last time (and a first time for the guys)

Tricia heading back to the Dolphin - she was tired and her back was bothering her - standing /sitting for over an hour was not appealing
The rest of us found a spot near France bridge - down the steps close to the water
It was very cool and windy so waiting was not fun

What can I say about Illuminations - I love it (and yes @ajrwdwgirl the globe scene does slow it down but the music is extremely moving)
I will miss it and as stated in the DAK section I am not looking forward to the replacement.

And the extra Holiday extended play version is just that much better.

So ends day 5

Next up - Max gets arrested at DHS

MySmallWorldof4

Day 5 - wrap up
So after Mission Space we checked Test Track again
It was up and down all day so stand by was not a viable option because we wanted to watch Illuminations one last time (and a first time for the guys)

Tricia heading back to the Dolphin - she was tired and her back was bothering her - standing /sitting for over an hour was not appealing
The rest of us found a spot near France bridge - down the steps close to the water
It was very cool and windy so waiting was not fun

What can I say about Illuminations - I love it (and yes @ajrwdwgirl the globe scene does slow it down but the music is extremely moving)
I will miss it and as stated in the DAK section I am not looking forward to the replacement.

And the extra Holiday extended play version is just that much better.

So ends day 5

Next up - Max gets arrested at DHS
Ahhhh, the infamous Max cliffhanger. 🙄

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 6 - Hollywood Studios
Up early for a walk to DHS - beautiful morning - was going to reach 23 C today (73F)
Jordan commented that this looked like Pepto Bismol pink -oh how scary!!

Official opening was 9am - with EMH it was 8am for resort guests.
We arrived at 7:20 ish - long bag check and front gate lines
Rope drop around 7:35
Followed the crowd and walkeup to a 60 min line up sign for Slinky

We decided to pass (and apparently @Darstarr and family decided to stay in the line)
(yes we were essentially there at the same time - two ships passing in the night)

TSMM had a small wait so we did it first

Did not record scores so I cannot say who won - maybe the girls remember - but everyone enjoyed it
(except the onset of carpel tunnel syndrome!!!)

Next up was Alien Swirling Saucers (please no acronym jokes required at this time)

Predicted time of 19 min was pretty close

Stephanie and I were together and we had a blast - danced the whole time
And yes @Tuvalu , I used the thumbs!!

This is a great ride - love and it is cousin in DCA

Rest break (love the theming)

Max

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Day 6 - Hollywood Studios
Up early for a walk to DHS - beautiful morning - was going to reach 23 C today (73F)
Jordan commented that this looked like Pepto Bismol pink -oh how scary!!
View attachment 352491

Official opening was 9am - with EMH it was 8am for resort guests.
We arrived at 7:20 ish - long bag check and front gate lines
Rope drop around 7:35
Followed the crowd and walkeup to a 60 min line up sign for Slinky
View attachment 352492
We decided to pass (and apparently @Darstarr and family decided to stay in the line)
(yes we were essentially there at the same time - two ships passing in the night)

TSMM had a small wait so we did it first
View attachment 352493
Did not record scores so I cannot say who won - maybe the girls remember - but everyone enjoyed it
(except the onset of carpel tunnel syndrome!!!)

Next up was Alien Swirling Saucers (please no acronym jokes required at this time)
View attachment 352494
Predicted time of 19 min was pretty close
View attachment 352495

View attachment 352496View attachment 352497
Stephanie and I were together and we had a blast - danced the whole time
And yes @Tuvalu , I used the thumbs!!
View attachment 352498
This is a great ride - love and it is cousin in DCA

Rest break (love the theming)
View attachment 352499

Max
Your family might have been a ship. Mine was more like a barge!! Ha Ha.
Time stamps put us on slinky at 8:27, saucers at 8:59. Keep checking your pix for those yellow shirts!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom