So how bad is it????

Disneymom201

Trying to finalize our October plans. We are cruising on The Dream for the first time, then hitting the parks for a few days. MNSSHP is the priority on our list of "must dos." So...how bad is it attending a party on a Friday night? Our other option is Sunday, but it's not fitting into out itinerary as well.
Thanks for your input and any personal experience you have to offer!!!!

Bobs87

MNSSHP is on a seperate ticket based system. We have attended twice and you receive a wristband (things may have changed as it has been a few years) and only wristband holders are allowed in after a certain time. This means it is never over crowded. We have done the party on Halloween night twice and found it to be no where near over crowded!

Upvote 0

JonUWStout

it really depends on the weekend that you go. It's usually VERY busy for MNSSHP. Its a very popular party. I think its actually more popular than MVMCP. given the choice between friday or sunday I would probably choose Sunday night. Others can correct me if I'm wrong but I would think Friday night would be busier. I have only been to the party once.

Upvote 0

draybook

It's bad. It's not a phase 3 closing bad, but it's pretty crowded. If you're there for character signings, be ready to wait anywhere from 10-70 minutes, depending on the character(s). I would highly suggest attending a Tuesday night party if possible, they're much more manageable.

Upvote 0

Disneymom201

Original Poster
I think I'll switch to Sunday. Tuesday won't work for us as we are flying out early Wednesday morning. We've been to handful of parties, but I don't think we've ever done a Friday. Might as well not even start!!!!

Upvote 0

s&k'smom

The one good thing about it is that it draws crowds from the other parks so we have had really good luck line wise at DS and Epcot.

Upvote 0

draybook

just curious, i havent done a party before but how do they like kicked out people without wristbands? it seems like itd be so easy to just stay in the park and try not to get caught without one lol but im sure they have a system for it

They conduct sweeps every so often and ask to see your wristbands.

Upvote 0

luv

just curious, i havent done a party before but how do they like kicked out people without wristbands? it seems like itd be so easy to just stay in the park and try not to get caught without one lol but im sure they have a system for it
They set up blockades, with Disney staff demanding to see wristbands before they allow you to pass. They come up and interrupt your dinner, demanding to see your wristband.

You might be able to avoid it all, but it would be very, very difficult. I wouldn't count on it!

Upvote 0

Bobs87

I suppose it's only like extra magic hours, you could be in the park till someone asks to see your wristband but you wouldn't be able to trick or treat, ride attractions or meet any characters at the character me and greet spots!

Upvote 0

Occasional Guest

We had no problem during MVMCP a couple of years ago without the wristbands. We had no intention of staying but the crowd on Mainstreet was enormous and we didn't feel like fighting through it so we just hung out and watched. No one ever asked to see any wristbands.

Upvote 0

stillgoofy

I vote for Sunday over Friday, also. Friday brings in a bunch of the locals. It's definitely a great time. Also earlier in the month is usually not as busy as closer to Halloween. Have a great Dream cruise. You'll love it.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Sunday over Friday. I don't know what I was thinking but we went on a Friday in September and it was packed! So yes, Friday's are bad news. Go any other time if you can. Its worth going but just avoid Friday and Saturday. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom