Even with the changes in the DP

• I still got the DP

Votes: 29 61.7%
  • I did not get the DP

Votes: 18 38.3%

• Total voters

MissDiznee66

Original Poster
Did or Did not get the DP? With the changes no appetizer or tip, a lot of people weren't happy about it. Myself included. So just wondering who actually did not get the DP. :wave:

baz212

I actually got the Deluxe Dining Plan. We like signature dining experiences. For 3 adults and 1 child on a 7 night trip we will be saving almost $500. $300 after paying tips. That's pays for one of our plane tickets from Chicago.

stmize

We also got the 1st level of the dining plan for our Nov trip. I weighed the costs for counter meals and table service meals and even with us paying the tip separately we were going to save money.

nmj91385

I too got the basic plan for our upcoming April trip. It seemed like a good opportunity to try out some of the restraunts we never get to do. In the long run we will be saving money.

sweetpee_1993

We elected NOT to go with the dining plan for our May trip (just the hubby and me). I think it would be worth it if you ate as much as they included in the plan but I don't. With the dining experience card we will come out better, I'm sure. We were on the dining plan in December before the changes and it felt like we spent our trip eating so we could make sure we got our quarter's worth. I ended up gaining almost 10 lbs. during the 9 night trip. Not good. This go around I plan to eat only when I'm hungry and need to rather than trying to pack in all my credits. LOL!

GoofyMom2

DH and I got the Deluxe DP for our anniversary trip in Sept. We decided to try some of the signature restaurants....plus we also like to try the appetizers. We could easily skip the dessert part!We are not getting it for our trip on Friday because we are staying in the Swan, but I don't think we would have gotten it anyway. With the kids it just doesn't seem worth it. (especially with DS who barely eats)

catne

after going through the menues & adding up prices to guesstimate OOP, we decided it would probably save us some money to go with the plan, even with the tip (we tend to have expensive tastes, anyway:slurp:) so we did sign up for the regular DDP for our May trip.

I will try to keep my receipts and add actually up later to see if my guesstimates were right.

SchultzFamily

We got the Free Dining Plan as a bounceback from our trip in September. Even if we hadn't, we would have gotten the basic package because even with now having to pay tips we would save money. We don't/won't do the deluxe because my DH and I are "simple" diners...nothing too fancy, so we wouldn't try most signature restaurants, plus DH refuses to dress up while on vacation. If we want to go to a 4-star restaurant, we do that at home where we have several 4-star restaurants.

disneydom

No we don't get the DDP but we do have a DDE card works out better for us since it includes wine beer and all alcohol at 20% off :sohappy:

disneygirl1

I have to say that I am not a huge fan of the dining plan. I just don't want to have to committ myself to one sit down meal a day. We tend to be on the go so much that we generally grab food at the counter service restaurants more often then not.

teddygurl28

i had nno idea what i was doing but i got the deluxe plan for when my boyfriend and i go...but im such a picky eater so i ALWAYS have to have a salad with my dinner incase im not a huge fan of my dinner, and i want to make sure we can eat at the signature places on a night or two as well, so i figure i would rather be completely covered and not worry about it when im down there

alilance

after going through the menues & adding up prices to guesstimate OOP, we decided it would probably save us some money to go with the plan, even with the tip (we tend to have expensive tastes, anyway:slurp:) so we did sign up for the regular DDP for our May trip.

I will try to keep my receipts and add actually up later to see if my guesstimates were right.

My husband and I did the same as you for our upcoming May trip! We too have expensive taste so we also figured we would save money on our trip!! Have fun!!!:wave:

bcuinohio

I did the get the DDP for my trip. I was going to cancel it but I see that a lot of the character meals are approaching $30. I figure that it would save me a little bit of money as long as I use all of my meals and snacks. I hate paying the adult rate for my eleven year old though. I think that he would prefer the food on the Kids Menu at most places.

elizs77

We like to eat table service at least once a day, so it was still a bargin for us. We thought the original DDP was too much food, but it was free, so hey. Now that we're paying for it, we still got it. I also just like that it helps us budget a bit better.

MissDiznee66

Original Poster
Thanks all. I was just wondering. I too did get the free dining as part of the bounceback, so I guesssss it is somewhat of a bargain even with paying the tip and no appetizer. I know when I go to Coral Reef, I will be buying the Lobster Bisque as an appetizer and maybe the chili at SciFi. I'm almost sure if I didn't get the DP free, I would be buying that, too......:shrug:

DisneyPirate85

No we don't get the DDP but we do have a DDE card works out better for us since it includes wine beer and all alcohol at 20% off :sohappy:

But even with the 18% added back in for tip, we concidered it, but we tip but depends on level of service. Don't like the auto tip thing doesn't encourage the server to provide good service.:shrug:
And lets face we are all human if you know something is a given you'll start to take advantage of it over time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom