So excited! Now a couple questions...

ImagineerDude

So just tonight at Outback I was informed that plane tickets and a night at All Star Sports for the 24 hour event in MK were my birthday present!!! I'm beyond excited! But this is my mom and I's first time flying to WDW. We had to because the event takes place the day after we get out of school! We are leaving after our last day of school (May 23rd) from Dayton at 6:50pm, we have a layover in Atlanta and don't arrive at MCO until 11:50pm. :O

• Does the magical express run this late?

So we basically paid for about 5 hours of sleep at Sports before we head to MK. I already have ADRs booked as a joke before I even knew it was possible. They are both new to us so are they good choices?:

• The Plaza 11:00am
• Liberty Tree Tavern 4:35pm

Anyway, MK closes Saturday at 6am so then we'll hop on the "Monster-Rail" to the Contemporary to leave for our 9:30am departure back to the Louisville airport.

Crazy, right? My mom and I are SO excited. We haven't stayed at Sports since 2002, has anything changed? And what time do you think we should be at the bus stop before MK's 6am opening? I would like to get SOME sleep so we may not make it there for opening...

Well thanks in advance! So excited just 19 days!!!!! :D

jrab0616

Wow! What a great gift! Make sure you schedule your DME times to drop you off at ASSR and pick you up at CR of that's what you want it to do. Or if you're going to have bell service at ASSR hold your luggage, you're likely to have to go back there to catch DME.

Upvote 0

ImagineerDude

Original Poster
Wow! What a great gift! Make sure you schedule your DME times to drop you off at ASSR and pick you up at CR of that's what you want it to do. Or if you're going to have bell service at ASSR hold your luggage, you're likely to have to go back there to catch DME.
Ohh didn't think about that! Do we just call Disney? We probably aren't bringing anything but a carrying because we will be in the park for a full day and only at ASSR for like 6 hours :p

Upvote 0

Mike Cohen

So just tonight at Outback I was informed that plane tickets and a night at All Star Sports for the 24 hour event in MK were my birthday present!!! I'm beyond excited! But this is my mom and I's first time flying to WDW. We had to because the event takes place the day after we get out of school! We are leaving after our last day of school (May 23rd) from Dayton at 6:50pm, we have a layover in Atlanta and don't arrive at MCO until 11:50pm. :O

• Does the magical express run this late?

So we basically paid for about 5 hours of sleep at Sports before we head to MK. I already have ADRs booked as a joke before I even knew it was possible. They are both new to us so are they good choices?:

• The Plaza 11:00am
• Liberty Tree Tavern 4:35pm

Anyway, MK closes Saturday at 6am so then we'll hop on the "Monster-Rail" to the Contemporary to leave for our 9:30am departure back to the Louisville airport.

Crazy, right? My mom and I are SO excited. We haven't stayed at Sports since 2002, has anything changed? And what time do you think we should be at the bus stop before MK's 6am opening? I would like to get SOME sleep so we may not make it there for opening...

Well thanks in advance! So excited just 19 days!!!!! :D
Looks like your question has been answered already so, let me just say.. AWESOME!!! Have a great time!!

Upvote 0

jrab0616

Ohh didn't think about that! Do we just call Disney? We probably aren't bringing anything but a carrying because we will be in the park for a full day and only at ASSR for like 6 hours :p

Yeah, just call Disney reservations and they'll make sure your DME reservations are made. If you only have a bag that you don't mind carrying the park with you (or getting a locker), it shouldn't be a problem to get the DME to pick you up at the CR. I would definitely call tho.

Upvote 0

Rob562

FYI, because your hotel reservation is at Sports, DME will only pick you up at Sports. They cannot schedule you to be picked up elsewhere.
So you will have to allow yourself enough time to leave the MK and be back at Sports for your DME pickup time, which will be about 3 hours before your flight.

-Rob

Upvote 0

ImagineerDude

Original Poster
FYI, because your hotel reservation is at Sports, DME will only pick you up at Sports. They cannot schedule you to be picked up elsewhere.
So you will have to allow yourself enough time to leave the MK and be back at Sports for your DME pickup time, which will be about 3 hours before your flight.

-Rob
Great.... :( Maybe we should just upgrade to a monorail resort :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom