So are regular Fast Passes gone now?

sublimesting

Original Poster
Are we just doing FP +? How do you make FP+ reservations if you are going to buy an AP when you get to the park?

Goofyernmost

Are we just doing FP +? How do you make FP+ reservations if you are going to buy an AP when you get to the park?
No, all of NGE is still in testing mode when it comes to FP+ and other things. Some like the entrances are ready and working to accept the new technology. The old Fastpass is still in existence and the primary, sans testing, way of getting a FP.

wogwog

If you had to take a guess, do you think FP+ will be fully rolled out before the end of October, or after?

Based on conversation with Disney folks working at different functions that I am neighbors with no. Additionally the Magic minus 8 ball says "chances are not good." Based on the myriad of updated updates to the updated updates to the operational process on how cast members are learning the ins and outs, the project is not well.

I have not talked to any friends or visitors who were any part of the test that did not have issues. Importantly issues that could not be "fixed" or issues that took far to long to fix.

PUSH

No, FP+ is not fully rolled out, but it is in the testing stages. I think Disney has been saying by the end of the year, but most insiders are saying that's a huge stretch. Some have said spring of 2014 would be a better guess, but there's really no way to tell.

luv

One of our posters here said that full roll-out begins September 3, with all hotels added by Halloween.

When the paper FP machines will go is anyone's guess. I think they will wait until after Halloween to remove them. I only think that because they tend to copy Uni and that's how Uni did it when they put in the new EP system.

When Uni did it, there was such a fuss! Nobody seemed to see that coming. This time, everyone has been warned that their removal is possible.

I look forward to having answers from Disney on all of our many questions.

HouCuseChickie

We literally just got an email from Disney yesterday and an overnight UPS letter from Disney today asking us to be part of testing for next month, so it doesn't seem like they'd be going live in Sept if they're still sending out testing invites. Then again, here I go again expecting things to be logical.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom