So... a Splash Mountain log sank..

Whippet Mom

I can't even imagine going to WDW right now with all the closures & breakdowns.
With the cost of a trip & not getting what I am paying for it will be a long time before
I shell out a few thousand dollars for half a vacation..

erasure fan1

There’s certainly a lack of entertainment but breakdowns are no more frequent now than they were before.
I can see breakdowns getting worse. Disney was terrible with maintenance when the money was rolling in hand over fist. I can't help but think that maintenance is going to just go down the toilet now that cash is short. I can see Disney cutting to the point of being dangerous.

peter11435

That's not the good news you meant it to be...
I didn’t mean for it to be good news. Just pointing out that they are no more frequent now then they were anytime in recent history. So if lack of entertainment is a concern for you then don’t visit, but don’t base your decision to visit on downtime’s.

MickeyMouse10

^ - This is extra funny because Disney already made Atlantis II: Milo's Return in 2003.

Forgot to share this:

Someone pointed it out to them.

Yep, they were churning out direct to videos for everyone back then. Pocahontas and Hunchback even got sequels. The biggest problem was they were all done overseas with a different branch of the Disney company. Thus the animation definitely came off as very cheap and bland looking.

brb1006

Yep, they were churning out direct to videos for everyone back then. Pocahontas and Hunchback even got sequels. The biggest problem was they were all done overseas with a different branch of the Disney company. Thus the animation definitely came off as very cheap and bland looking.
A few exceptions was Bambi II (originally known as "Bambi And The Great Prince Of The Forest".) which was one of the more better ones from that era. To a lesser extent, Return To Neverland and Cinderella 3.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
I heard they were considering a 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea overlay and wanted to see how well it would be received...

NobodyElse

I really think the funniest part of the whole situation were the CMs telling them they should not have gotten out of the boat.
Sorry, when the water starts coming in, I am getting out. 🤪

1596921607447.png

natatomic

In a certain CM FB group, someone was saying that the guests somehow caused the log to sink on purpose.
Way back in the day, I used to work at Splash, and honestly, this seems impossible. Does anyone else have any insider info that could shed light on what caused this?

Buried20KLeague

In a certain CM FB group, someone was saying that the guests somehow caused the log to sink on purpose.
Way back in the day, I used to work at Splash, and honestly, this seems impossible. Does anyone else have any insider info that could shed light on what caused this?

the only way would be to remove a plug. I’ve been a supervisor on a standard log ride (not Disney) and the plug was on the outside on the back to allow water to escape while going up hills. It sort of looks like a duck’s bill. It would be virtually impossible for that to be removed from the inside. I assume splash has something similar.

it makes far more sense that splash has a similar system and the plug fell off during the ride allowing water to rush in.

Parker in NYC

In a time of shaky employment, it's cute of them to engage in such online discussions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom