Snow's Trip Report

Well, I am now back to reality after 8 great days in Disney!! We left RI on April 7 and got back yesterday. It was a terrific trip. It was my husband, myself, nephew and stepson. The first night we arrived late so we stayed at the Ameriasuites near the airport. (Cheap and very nice!) Tiffany towncars picked us up bright and early the next morning and took us to the Contemporary. This was our first time at that resort and we really did like it. The room was big enough for all of us and we were right near the pool in the South Garden Wing. Our room was ready when we checked in at 10AM (Bonus!!), we dropped off our stuff and walked over to MK. The guys had to all get their hair cut and "colored with pixie dust"! It was awesome. We love Maura and my husband usually plans his haircuts so he can have her cut it. The park wasn't too crowded and we were able to ride almost everything with Fast Passes. It was the first time my nephew had been to Disney so he was real excited. Headed back to the hotel around 5PM for a swim and some dinner. We then headed to Pleasure Island to introduce the boys to the Adventure's Club! Left just in time to catch Wishes for the first time from the hotel. It was incredible!!

More to come....

SnowWhite5669

Original Poster
Day Two (Friday):

We headed off to MGM- got kinda of a late start (teenagers do love to sleep!) We were once again able to ride just about everything. The lines were not that bad at all. Rode Rock n Roller coaster which my nephew loved!! My son wouldn't go on! Then my nephew and husband did TOT! I sat that one out! We did a little shopping and had the stuff sent back to the resort (I love that-it makes it so easy!!). We did the backlot tour and got to see the new attraction, it is going to be amazing! Took a walk to the boardwalk and hung out there for a while and then headed to Pleasure Island again. The boys decided they were tired and went back to the room.

Day Three (Saturday):

Hit Epcot today. Walked around the future world, did space ship earth and did a little more shopping. The boys hit Mission Space and then hit Body Wars!! (Great combo!) I sat both of those out. Walked over to the countries and shopped in Itlay and ate in Morrocco. Great new act in France. My son was picked for the skit that they do in England. He was great! Then we took the boat to MGM was a little while and went back to the hotel for dinner and a swim. Crowds started to pick up and the hotel was booked solid.

Day Four (Sunday-Easter):

Played Easter bunny and hide stuff in the room. Decided to take it easy and stay away from MK! We rented a pantoon boat and had a blast!! It was absolutely beautiful and very relaxing. We were then off to Epcot for PS at Le Cellier. Had a great lunch! Went back to the hotel and the boys headed to a concert at House of Blues. My husband and I took a nap!! There was a quick storm that blew through and brought cooler air with it. Meet the boys in Pleasure Island and went back to the Adventurers Club. Got back to the resort around 2AM and laughed until about 3AM!! The boys were having a great time!!

Day Five (Monday):

Back to MGM to do some shopping. A little rainy but it cleared up, took boat to Epcot and did all of Future World. Headed back to the hotel and relaxed and did laundry! Hit MK about 9:30PM to watch Wishes and go on all the rides we missed. Park was open until midnight and there were hardly any waits after the fireworks!!

Day Six (Tuesday):

Decided to go to Animal Kingdom- it was extremely crowded but we were able to ride Dinosaur and a the roller coaster in Dinoland. We were able to see the next attraction and it looks and sounds incredible. Can't wait to see it open! Decided to play a minature golf and took the bus to Swan and walked to Fantasia Gardens. It was a blast!! After golf were headed to MGM for Fantasmic. We were near the front of the line and were seated in Scar section which was great! The show was awesome as usual! Walked back to the board walk and caught a bus to Pleasure Island.

Day Seven (Wednesday- our last day!):

It was cool but sunny tried to head to a water park but it was too cool! So we decided to go back to MK, it was so crowded that we really didn't get to ride anything except TTA. The fast pass line for Philarmagic was all the way past the castle. Thankfully, we had already done it twice so we weren't too bummed!! Went back to the hotel and packed (boo hoo!). Headed over to Epcot for Illuminations and tried to buy a sweatshirt because I was cold and couldn't find one anywhere! It was about 47 degrees!! Got back to the hotel just in time for Wishes!! Did a little more shopping at the hotel and caught the water pagent at the hotel. We even saw Peter Pan on the dock greeting the cruises!.

This was a great trip and I am already planning another one for this summer. It always makes me sad to come home but I did get some good news today. I got a promotion and am now Deputy Director of my division!! To think that I almost didn't come in today!! Now I will have a little extra money to go back in June!!!

Hope I didn't bore anyone!! I will post pictures soon.
Snow

MKCP 1985

We may have crossed paths at PI on Easter Sunday night. I was in Adventurer's Club for a while Sunday night. Love that place. I saw the crowd lining up for the band at House of Blues. Who was playing?

SnowWhite5669

Original Poster
Yellowcard and Something Corporate... it was a punk rock show. It is my nephews favorite band! We stayed for the Hoopla at the AC, we were also at the skit in the Mask Room and they picked on my husband. Great time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom