Snow White

xfkirsten

Original Poster
Hey all!

I just got back from a quickie trip to DL today to see Snow White. In a word: great! So here's a little spoiler-free review (and a few viewing tips) for ya!

I got there about 35 min before showtime, and ended up fairly close to the front of the line. The line did grow fairly quickly after that, so this is one of those "get there a half-hour before" type shows. As for seating itself, it's really not bad! There's a section of chairs in the front section, and the old benches behind that. i ended up second row back in the center section of benches, which turned out to be a pretty good spot to watch from! The chairs down in front aren't on a slant like the benches are, so if you're worried about being able to see over someone in front of you, definitely go for the back section. Also, there's a couple of effects during the show that seem limited to the front of the seating, so I'd reccommend trying to get as close to the front as possible if you're sitting on the benches. (If you're on the chairs in front, I think the effects work everywhere, but don't quote me on that)

Now for the show! I thought it was pretty good. The sets and costumes were gorgeous! I think the set impressed me more than anything else. Snow White has a considerably lower vocal range than she did in the film, which struck me as a blessing. ;) A couple of very nice song arrangements in the show, as well. As for the story, well, I think that is the show's weak spot. It seemed like they spent a long time just kinda dancing along without really furthering the plot. The action seems like it got shoved into the last 5-10 minutes and is otherwise ignored. That'ss my only real bone to pick with the show. As for comparing it to an old show... I'd have to say this is done along the lines of the old Hunchback show at Disney-MGM Studios. It's no Aladdin (and it would be hard to hit that level without the facilities that Aladdin has, anyways), but it's definitely better than your average theme park show. Two thumbs up from me!

-Kirsten

Figment1986

if this show is that good, maby the rumor of Blue Men Group going into hyperion in a few years is true. I love them and hope they do a small test at Epcot...

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Great review. I guess i'll have to get to Fantasyland Theatre early now when i'm there in 19 days. Can't wait to see it, along with Aladdin!:D

imagineer boy

I've seen lots of pictures, videos, and commercials for it, and it looks pretty cool! On MousePlanet.com, they've shown the new resturaunt near it where they sell deliciouse looking "Apple Nachos" and Snow White apples which are apples with pictures of Snow White on them. They've also added lots of detail around the theater like a beautiful looking sign and new plants around to make it look like an Enchanted Forest. The mirror puppet is awesome, and the special effects are too.

My only complaints are:

dancing sequences too long.

Dopey looks like a Firange

You can hear sounds like train whistles and IASW clock from inside the theater

The animals are extremely strange looking. They are supposed to look like broadway costumes, but they just come off as freaky.

Over all: Great show. Glad to see that DL is getting good attention in shows and good quality attractions!:sohappy:

xfkirsten

Original Poster
Originally posted by imagineer boy
The animals are extremely strange looking. They are supposed to look like broadway costumes, but they just come off as freaky.

They're even freakier watchinig them actually dance... that was very distracting. :lol:

-Kirsten

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom