Snow White gift shop?

aw14

Original Poster
Yes, but even this is a far cry from the "every" ride stated in the OP.
My apologies as it seems my original post upset people for some reason. Yes the word every was an exaggeration (but was prefaced with the word typically, and I think most parks to illustrate that), but it was used to serve a point.

My apologies to those here that seem somewhat offended. I am sure it will be a better day for everyone today. ;)

Last edited:

cw1982

My apologies as it seems my original post upset people for some reason. Yes the word every was an exaggeration (but was prefaced with the word typically, and I think most parks to illustrate that), but it was used to serve a point.

My apologies to those here that seem somewhat offended. I am sure it will be a better day for everyone today. ;)

I don't think it upset anyone lol. I just didn't understand why that part was put in to begin with. Actually the discussion that developed has been quite interesting IMO.

Have a great day :)

Macca250

"ALL RIDES MUST END IN THE GIFT SHOP!" (for those of you who've ridden The Simpsons ride I hope you'll see the relevance in this)
upload_2014-5-5_12-25-58.jpeg

awheartsdw

How unfortunate that in a discussion board about Disney World, of all discussions, in all locations, we are so quick to point out when somoene makes a misstatement, that we take it upon ourselves to have to "prove" them incorrect just to say "ha, gotcha, I'm right and you're wrong." @cw1982, typically when a person says "I'm not trying to be snarky," you're being snarky. It's no wonder the OP didn't give much credit in the common sense department.

cw1982

@awheartsdw welcome to my ignore list. I was just saying I didn't fully understand the post. Wasn't trying to be snarky, unlike you. If you knew anything at all about me, you'd know that I go out of my way to NOT be snarky and even avoid discussions with others who are being snarky.

Very unfortunate that you feel the need to call me out without fully understanding my post and trying to change the subject/ start unnecessary drama. Next time you feel the need to question someone about something that has nothing to do with the discussion, perhaps a private message would be more appropriate.

Either way, have a nice life. I don't have time to put up with this kind of drama.

Last edited:

MarkTwain

Actually funnily enough all the rides but one at Universal end in a gift shop. That's the Simpsons and the gift shop is across the street.

Technically disaster's gift shop is only a take a photo stand but it's still there.

This is something I've noticed from all my trips to Universal as well, they seem to be really into their post-ride gift shops. I love Universal to death but it is something that kind of comes across as a money grab, so I'm glad it's something Disney doesn't indulge in too much (at least at Magic Kingdom).

kap91

This is something I've noticed from all my trips to Universal as well, they seem to be really into their post-ride gift shops. I love Universal to death but it is something that kind of comes across as a money grab, so I'm glad it's something Disney doesn't indulge in too much (at least at Magic Kingdom).

I think it's a cross result of they way universal approaches attractions (nearly everything must be a very large scale attraction) and their adherence to more theme/amusement park cliches in general. -Something they seem to be slowly moving away from perhaps (the theme park cliches) but VERY slowly.

MarkTwain

I think it's a cross result of they way universal approaches attractions (nearly everything must be a very large scale attraction) and their adherence to more theme/amusement park cliches in general. -Something they seem to be slowly moving away from perhaps (the theme park cliches) but VERY slowly.

Agreed on both. Universal does seem to favor an all E-ticket strategy (and at WDW it is the E-tix for the most part that have the post-ride shops), and Universal doesn't seem quite as shy about acknowledging it's parks are part of the amusement/theme park industry, and engaging in all of the cliches that come along with that. I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing, it's just their way. You go to Universal, you play by Universal's rules.

At the same time, I'm a little concerned Disney IS starting to embrace many of those same cliches, since it seems they themselves are only building rides that can be splashed up on billboards and are wanting to add ride photos to everything. So I'm glad to see that Disney's decided to acknowledge that 7DMT is simply a D-ticket attraction, and decided to avoid some of the cliches like ride photos and gift shops.

kap91

Agreed on both. Universal does seem to favor an all E-ticket strategy (and at WDW it is the E-tix for the most part that have the post-ride shops), and Universal doesn't seem quite as shy about acknowledging it's parks are part of the amusement/theme park industry, and engaging in all of the cliches that come along with that. I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing, it's just their way. You go to Universal, you play by Universal's rules.

At the same time, I'm a little concerned Disney IS starting to embrace many of those same cliches, since it seems they themselves are only building rides that can be splashed up on billboards and are wanting to add ride photos to everything. So I'm glad to see that Disney's decided to acknowledge that 7DMT is simply a D-ticket attraction, and decided to avoid some of the cliches like ride photos and gift shops.
I'm not worrying too much about Disney yet. When midway games start appearing everywhere, posters for upgrading to multiday tickets and meal deals run rampant, and food offerings turn into 90% overpriced hamburgers and chicken strips...well that's when it's too late actually...maybe some proactive worrying is good.

TheRabbit

How unfortunate that in a discussion board about Disney World, of all discussions, in all locations, we are so quick to point out when somoene makes a misstatement, that we take it upon ourselves to have to "prove" them incorrect just to say "ha, gotcha, I'm right and you're wrong." @cw1982, typically when a person says "I'm not trying to be snarky," you're being snarky. It's no wonder the OP didn't give much credit in the common sense department.
Isn't that the missing '8th Dwarf'...Snarky Dwarf? lol

Mouse_Trap

Actually funnily enough all the rides but one at Universal end in a gift shop. That's the Simpsons and the gift shop is across the street.

Technically disaster's gift shop is only a take a photo stand but it's still there.
I don't recall one for Rip Ride Rocket either. The Simpsons spinner too technically, but I guess you would discount anything that small.

I know it's now just a fading memory, but am I right in thinking Jaws didn't have one at all?

Stich (exits in 2 different stores)
I never knew that.....everytime I have gone on the ride, I think I have gone right upon entering the chamber so I guess I always use the same exit.

kap91

I don't recall one for Rip Ride Rocket either. The Simpsons spinner too technically, but I guess you would discount anything that small.

I know it's now just a fading memory, but am I right in thinking Jaws didn't have one at all?

I never knew that.....everytime I have gone on the ride, I think I have gone right upon entering the chamber so I guess I always use the same exit.
I think you're right. I always forget it even exists. I mostly stopped going to Universal not too long after it was built.

Stitch actually has about 4 exits - 1 in each gift shop and 2 that exit straight out the building. . However those two are rarely used.

Obi

i'll need to get another grumpy dwarf t-shirt when i go. tradition, ya know.... hopefully, they'll have some cool 7dmt t-shirts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom