Snap-on tools no longer in Test Track queue.

Skylinecar1982

Original Poster
I searched but couldn't find anything about this?

On my last trip to Disney in May I notice the removal of snap-on tools and snap-on logos. Some Snap-on machines and boxes were left behind but debadged? I can't remember what they were replaced with I think Matco and Stanley???

Anyone know why? Snap-on wanted out? or was never in?

Thanks
Mark

sweetpee_1993

My first thought was the new name we saw alot started with an 'M'. Is it MAC?? Can't remember the replacement but Snap-On was gone in November last year, too. I have no idea why the change. My guess would be contract/$$. :shrug:

**edit** It is Mac tools which are made by Stanley. If you look really close in this pic you can see the name.

DSCN0883.jpg

Skylinecar1982

Original Poster
Yeah I knew it was an "M" name also lol. I should have remembered the Stanley and Mac connection my job is all about tools. Thank you

Weird though I wish I had taken pictures but there were still some machines, boxes, and tool carts that were all Snap-on that they just took the badges off wonder why not just remove everything.

Still I wonder why?:shrug:
And I wonder what brand they use to fix the ride vehicles?

sweetpee_1993

Yep! I remember now. There was little Stanley shout-outs on a lot of the construction signage back in November. It all ties in.

Skylinecar1982, I recall the obvious de-labeled Snap-on boxes, too. I'd speculate and say it was a matter of time & cost. All the little loose objects displayed are glued down so it probably would create more work than just swapping a box. I imagine there's also time to document each piece, inventory, arrange, set-up, etc. Another thing is that leaving some unmatched stuff gives visual variety. Maybe they are switching things out in phases with the next wave coming with the big refurb next year. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom