Snakes at Saratoga Springs

dmperry134

I just thought I would ask to see whether any you guys had seen any snakes at any of the resorts. Whilst we were staying at Saratoga last year (october) I saw a dark brown snake slithering across the road near Congress Park towards the lake opposite. As we are from the UK and we never see any, I thought I would pop into Bell services to find out what kind of snake it was and whether it was venemous. I was informed that it was a rat snake and there are loads in and around the bushes and there was also a small alligator in the large lake that has the bridge going across it. I asked why we were never informed of this on arrival or there should be some signs, especially as young children run around on the grass. They just said that there was a sign to say there was a fine of $500 if you feed the alligator, but I never saw one.

I realise that Disney was built on a swamp but I am somewhat surprised that there are no signs warning of the dangers.

Regards
Dave
:veryconfu:veryconfu:veryconfu

Raven66

Sureeeeee, mostly.

Visitors to central Florida can enjoy seeing these suckers come out in the fall (September-November). They build massive webs in and across trees. North of Daytona on the Ormond Beach "loop" you can see them building huge webs across the road. Last year was the biggest crop I've seen yet, hundreds of them along (or rather over) Old Dixie Highway.

This fellow made the garden behind our back door "home" for a few months late last year:
255462205_DrU4Y-M.jpg

255462292_wudF5-M.jpg

We just had one of these in front of our house spread out between the bushes. I about wet myself when I saw it.:eek: I absolutely hate spiders. I let it hang out in the sun for a few days hoping it would wander off on it's own. I kept looking behind doors and up in the corners of my house until finally I couldn't stand it anymore. I had my DH relocate it across the street to an empty field with lots of trees.

Upvote 0

aeillill

I think I just figured out a way to convince my mother to visit the UK, all I have to do is tell her they don't have snakes and she'll move there permanently! Thanks!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom