Smoking Policy?

bossmsx

Planning a trip in April....My first visit in 8 years.
What is the policy now in the parks for smoking? No smoking at all, indoors or outdoors, smoking anywhere outdoors, smoking only in designated areas?:confused:

MobileBadBoy

Account Suspended
There are designated smoking areas throughout the parks, and are marked on the guidemaps. If you can't find one, ask a Cast Member and they should be able to point you to the nearest one.

Upvote 0

gepetto

I've seen CM's really enforce it at AK. I don't think they're as strict at other parks....but I've seen a few people pointed in the direction of the nearest smoking area.

Upvote 0

NowInc

I have only seen it enforced ONCE...in all my years going there. And even that one time..it was to one of my friends who was smoking..from another friend who is a CM...

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

One time I was at the MK and a man lit up a cigarette while walking past the Lion King show. The CM asked him to put it out and the man said make me. He kept walking and we were behind him. When he got close to the Haunted Mansion there were a few security guards making him put out the cigarette or leave the park.

Upvote 0

mickeyfan

I've seen CM's at EPCOT point people in the direction of the smoking areas in World Showcase as they were lighting up. I guess they thought no one would care if you were just taking a leisurely stroll through World Showcase, but they do.

I don't smoke and neither does anyone in my family.......my in-laws want to take a trip with us to Disney, but they both are chain smokers and I told my husband that I couldn't tolerate it if they expected me to stand around and wait each time they needed a smoke break...........:hammer:

I've made sure they couldn't go during a particular time before I made reservations recently!! Am I being to selfish? I just feel that my vacation times are so far and few between and I should have the right to enjoy myself if I am taking off work and spending my money for a vacation.

Upvote 0

Belle13

I've seen it enforced, and if I see someone smoking where they aren't supposed to smoke, I find a CM and ask them to do something about it. They do...and everyone with me is greatful.

Upvote 0

moonchild

Mickeyfan, I'm a smoker and I dont think you are being selfish. vacaton time for me is very special also. You work hard for it, so enjoy! i saw for the most part everyone was obeying the rules. but of course ya always have the a** holes that only think of themselves. i found the smoking sections very convenient and clean.

Upvote 0

gepetto

LOL Mickeyfan...I specifically don't tell my in-laws when we're going onvacation so they won't decide to come with us. We usually meet them at Disney over Christmas since they have a time share in Orlando. I hate it! She sleeps soooo late every day (half the time the parks are close for capacity by the time we get there) and once she drags her big old bubble butt to the parks she never wants to DO anything that requires standing in line longer than 5 minutes. So when we go other times of the year trust me she is the LAST to know.:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Upvote 0

Lhriangel

Thank you to everyone who doesn't mind the smoking rules. I don't know I worked at Epcot and I enforced it, especially where there were little ones around. I have though had some run ins with people who didn't like me asking them to smoke elsewhere. if you are looking for place to smoke though they are designated on the maps. I always had to check before sending a guest to one cause I worked so many places I was never sure where the nearest one was....

Upvote 0

Tramp

Must be tough on CMs if they're trained not to be confrontational yet have to enforce the designated smoking policy with irate smokers willing to put their cigarette out on your eye.:confused:

Upvote 0

MobileBadBoy

Account Suspended
Back before, even if I couldn't find a smoking area, I would duck off into one of the remote areas of the park to smoke (Like way down in one of the alleys between the WS countries or something, usually better out of the way than the designated areas). But I have them all memorized now, so there's no need to do that anymore, lol.

And I'd like to thank those for keeping this thread on the level, instead of turning it into a "I wanna bash smokers too" thread like that other one was turning in to. :)

Upvote 0

Lhriangel

Originally posted by Tramp
Must be tough on CMs if they're trained not to be confrontational yet have to enforce the designated smoking policy with irate smokers willing to put their cigarette out on your eye.:confused:

*nods* tis difficult. I think though the hardest is telling them they can't smoke when they are in line to get food.. they don't like that. But on the MOST part it wasn't bad cause most people understood and would move to the designated area. I've had some interesting conversations when working greeter positions with families waiting for a member to finish their ciggarette... lol.

Upvote 0

bossmsx

Original Poster
I actually wouldn't mind having to go to a smoking area to smoke....Helps me smoke less :) At least they have areas where you can smoke...Some parks (like Bok Tower Gardens in Central Fla.) are strictly non-smoking throughout!:eek:

Upvote 0

mickeyfan

Originally posted by gepetto
LOL Mickeyfan...I specifically don't tell my in-laws when we're going onvacation so they won't decide to come with us. We usually meet them at Disney over Christmas since they have a time share in Orlando. I hate it! She sleeps soooo late every day (half the time the parks are close for capacity by the time we get there) and once she drags her big old bubble butt to the parks she never wants to DO anything that requires standing in line longer than 5 minutes. So when we go other times of the year trust me she is the LAST to know.:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Gepetto...............I think we may be related......this sounds so familiar.......:lol:

Actually I have "toured" a couple of the smoking areas in Animal Kingdom and they are very nice and quiet. (My ignorance, I didn't know that is what they were until I was there!:lookaroun )

Upvote 0

tmp

I do not smoke, but it does not really bother me. I like the designated areas except for one. There is one area right as you enter Adventure land (from the center of the park) off to the right. Maybe it is just me, but it is the worst transition in the park----new music, new color of the walk way, new visuals, and all I can smell is smoke!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom