smoking in the World

TiggerBite

Original Poster
My SIL told me that as of 7/1 there was to be no smoking whatsoever, anywhere in the World. Can anyone confirm this? I do not smoke, by my DH does (went from 2 packs to 10 cigs a day.)

So any truth to this? If so, I need to prepare him.

Thanks to all!

Only 34 more days!:sohappy:

General Grizz

As of 7/1, there was to be no smoking in any indoor restaurants. I do not believe this applied to the outdoor designated smoking areas around 'the World.'

NowInc

Disney can actually make any rule they want seeing how its private property....it may be a good idea to call and ask ;)

WDWSwashbuckler

I know that within MK you can smoke in "designated" areas. Just ask a CM and they'll tell you. I saw there yesterday and saw quite a few people smoking on a bench in Tomorrowland right outside of Space Mountain. :)

civileng68

Account Suspended
just restaurants

It's just the restaurants that are banning smoking. Actually that's not a Disney law but a new Florida law. There is a new Florida law that just started that says in the state of Florida there is no smoking in restaurants. :sohappy:

The smokers can still smoke in designated areas. However, I have nothing personally against smokers, but, I think it's comical how they all stand in one small lined off area and smoke. It's almost like a herd of cows in a small pen.:lookaroun

WDWSwashbuckler

Re: just restaurants

Originally posted by civileng68
It's just the restaurants that are banning smoking. Actually that's not a Disney law but a new Florida law. There is a new Florida law that just started that says in the state of Florida there is no smoking in restaurants. :sohappy:

The smokers can still smoke in designated areas. However, I have nothing personally against smokers, but, I think it's comical how they all stand in one small lined off area and smoke. It's almost like a herd of cows in a small pen.:lookaroun

MOOOOOOOOO!!! BAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Vernonpush

The smoking areas are maked on the park maps. There are quite a few around each park. Look for the groups of people smoking. If you are there during the value season with less people in the parks, it is harder to find the smoking sections (some of the astrays are on the top of the trashcans), just ask a CM.

TiggerBite

Original Poster
Thanks for all the helpful information. I don't want to make it any harder on my DH than necessary.

You can definately follow your nose :eek:

WDW1971

I remember when I was in college that they had just implemented a "No Smoking" policy in all campus buildings. :sohappy:

It was funny to watch the people huddled under the little overhangs at the doors on cold and wet days. It's amazing what people will do to smoke a cigarette, but how they have such short patience for waiting in line to ride Tower of Terror...:lol:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
There are designated smoking areas, but unfortunately, many smoke wherever they like. The areas are clearly labeled on the park maps, and you can usually tell what's a smoking area because there are a few butt-cans/sand pits for people to put their cigarettes out in.

tigsmom

Originally posted by WDW1971
Disney is now implementing a "Chocolate Zone". You have to eat it in the Tiki Room...:eek:

No problem...I LOVE the Tiki Room (but bring back the original song...PLEASE!:D )

WDW1971

Ok you single guys...the Tiki Room is where you'll find all the pretty ladies...

Oh wait, they're all married.

Nevermind! :lol:

tigsmom

Originally posted by WDW1971
Ok you single guys...the Tiki Room is where you'll find all the pretty ladies...

Oh wait, they're all married.

Nevermind! :lol:

Look, but don't touch.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom