Smoking ban at Disneyland and Disney World thoughts..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heppenheimer

Oh yes, & I get that the post is about doing away with the smoking areas and that they’ve banned smoking all together (which I think is the way to go), but in remembering my brother who died at 65 (he drank & smoked), I just realized Walt Disney died of lung cancer at 65.

I think that says it all. It is a wonder they didn’t ban it much sooner.

It is a disgusting habit and I feel for the people that cannot stop. I know how my brother tried and failed.

I remember when I was about 8, we took an Amtrak from TX up the East coast. People smoked like chimneys back then. It was a nightmare. And all you could do was try & breath.

Times have changed.

And how will people be smoking if they have to wear a face mask now??
At least they had separate smoking carriages by the time I was a kid. But I remember walking through the smoking car, my eyes and lungs burning in the process. At age 9, I actually remembering feeling genuinely sorry for the kids that had to sit with their parents in the smoking carriage

Disney Kween

I have never been a smoker and so I am pleased that there is a ban on smoking in the parks. Looking back though in the many times I have been to Walt Disney World I cannot recall being disturbed by someone smoking outside of the designated areas. When I have to walk by those areas I choose to walk as far away as I possibly can to avoid the smoke that obviously can leave the area especially if there are several people smoking.

kjpc

I just returned from a FL trip where I spent 4 days at disney and 1 at universal (islands). Universal still has the designated areas that bothered NO ONE as they are set apart. Same with disney springs also BTW. Its just not natural for a smoker to go all day without lighting up. Smokers dont WANT to subject others but they DO want an area here and there where they dont have to walk miles . Yes its bad for you. ALL these posts and I see no one who portrays the OTHER SIDE. I have a libertarian side and the ban to me just is not right. I just think its possible to accomadte smokers and non smokers.
There are certain rides that I don;t personally enjoy. Most I do like but some have no appeal to me. I dont call forthe removal of them as I know many others must enjoy them if they are still there and I see the lines. Seems that several of the posters on this topic don;t share my attitude- if they don;t like it, it must be banned.

James J

In the Parks
No
I just returned from a FL trip where I spent 4 days at disney and 1 at universal (islands). Universal still has the designated areas that bothered NO ONE as they are set apart. Same with disney springs also BTW. Its just not natural for a smoker to go all day without lighting up. Smokers dont WANT to subject others but they DO want an area here and there where they dont have to walk miles . Yes its bad for you. ALL these posts and I see no one who portrays the OTHER SIDE. I have a libertarian side and the ban to me just is not right. I just think its possible to accomadte smokers and non smokers.
There are certain rides that I don;t personally enjoy. Most I do like but some have no appeal to me. I dont call forthe removal of them as I know many others must enjoy them if they are still there and I see the lines. Seems that several of the posters on this topic don;t share my attitude- if they don;t like it, it must be banned.
You're replying to a topic that was last active over a year ago...

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member

What do you think about large strollers?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No

Maybe had your fellow smokers only lit up in the designated areas Disney would not have banned it inside the parks.

celluloid

Maybe had your fellow smokers only lit up in the designated areas Disney would not have banned it inside the parks.

Yep. And that is my gripe with Universal and Sea World still. There are not just a couple in every park. They are pretty frequent and sometimes poorly placed to where they are in traffic. Like the Battery Park covered seating area. They should never be a smoking area. Citywalk has had many smoking section cones right between Hard Rock and toothsome, which is the prime traffic spot when park hopping by foot between the two parks.

Sea World has had one under Journey to Atlantis' second lift for years. Aviculture has even had concerns with that one at one point.

Mix those frequent and in the common foot path area combined with the smokers who do not ever try, it is easier just to have it all done somewhere outside the park.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Are there ones big enough to include smoking areas ?
Only if you set them on fire.*

*Before setting strollers on fire, ensure they are outdoors and unoccupied and that all inflammable substances are removed from the immediate area. Have appropriate fire extinguishing materials close by and ready for use should the flaming stroller roll toward an area containing other flammable items. Consult local ordinances concerning outdoor burn procedures and regulations. Do not try this at home.

SoCalDisneyLover

I have a friend who smokes and is thinking of visiting the California parks. Was wondering about the security check, and whether they would confiscate either the cigarettes or a vape pen. They're going to use in the designated smoking areas outside security, but can't exactly walk all the way back to car to retrieve them, so would have in their possession. I think if they're going to have a problem, they're just not going to go, so was wondering what the procedure is these days. I seem to recall that they had been refusing entry past security if you had any cigarettes or paraphernalia at all.

G00fyDad

I have a friend who smokes and is thinking of visiting the California parks. Was wondering about the security check, and whether they would confiscate either the cigarettes or a vape pen. They're going to use in the designated smoking areas outside security, but can't exactly walk all the way back to car to retrieve them, so would have in their possession. I think if they're going to have a problem, they're just not going to go, so was wondering what the procedure is these days. I seem to recall that they had been refusing entry past security if you had any cigarettes or paraphernalia at all.

They don't pat you down do they? So he can keep it in his pockets can't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom