smells of disney

MiRi

Main Street, Haunted Mansion, Splash pretty much do it for me. Oh, and I LOVE the smell in Philarmagic in the "Be Our Guest" scene. Mmmm...

Since1976

WDW has missed out on a great opportunity:

THE SMELLS OF DISNEY AIR FRESHENERS

This idea, copyright 2005, by Since1976.

Thank you.

rainfully

I'm not sure what it is, but there's something about The Land pavillion that has a very distinct smell... I noticed it last time I was there...

winterparkbaby

have to agree with, mystic... the orange smell in horizons.

the worst is space ship earth, the part with the paper boy selling papers, I guess when rome is burning.

I love the smell of the Tusker House in AK at breakfast esspecially the cinnamon rolls, infact now whenever i smell cinnamon i think of WDW.

jonny (off for a cinnamon latte.)

awalte7

Mainstreet, the haunted mansion, and Splash mountain before you get on the ride, because once you get on the ride it makes your hands(and probably anything else that touches the boat)smell like wet dog. Dirty moldy wet dog.
Ah and Solarcaine. Because someone is always sunburned and pouring the stuff on.

Ringo8n24

Steamboat_Kevin said:
I really like the smell just as you enter a WDW hotel lobby. I can't really explain it, it's just very distinctive.

The hotel lobby "smell" is the best to me and very unexplainable as to why. It is very comforting when you first check in and you get a whiff, especially at
WL. It is a depressing smell when you are checking out, though. :cry: I also love the smell of the inside of the shops at the parks, the interior of SM and HM, and the smell of the popcorn. Nothing like Disney popcorn. :)

Melerella

DVC_Couple_PA said:
The most distictive smell at WDW for me (and it hasn't changed in 20 years) is the smell of the monorail platform inside the Contemporary. Standing on that platform, there is this, kind of oily smell in the air, that you actually can't really smell anywhere else in the concourse. For some reason, that smell always gave me one of those "You know you're at WDW when...." kind of feelings. Don't know why.

you took the words right out of my mouth....i love that smell!

pdigout

I am also going to have to go with the Lobby smell. everyone is right, there is nothgin liek it. What really kills me is how the disney store manages to smell exactly like every store at WDW. I always go there when i need a little boost

PhilosophyMagic

Steamboat_Kevin said:
I really like the smell just as you enter a WDW hotel lobby. I can't really explain it, it's just very distinctive.

A completely agree! Especially the Polynesian! I think it's the smell of Florida humidity, cleanliness, and, in the case of the Polynesian, plants and maybe even chlorine.

wishes

Here, here. Thats a really DISNEY smell (the lobbies). Also, the smell inside the Rainforest Cafe is one-of-a-kind.Its oozes Disney!ooh and the Boardwalk Bakery Mmm!!

Scooter

I know this sounds weird but...

...If you walk into the Lobby of the Contemporary Resort,
then take the 2 escalators to the 4th floor concourse...

...when you get to the TOP of the 2nd Escalator and enter the Concourse,

there's a smell of Chocolate that wafts from the Bay View Gifts store.

I LOVE THAT SMELL! :D

OliveMcFly

I work in the city so when I smell a bus I just close my eyes and I can feel myself waiting in line for the bus at our resort. My sister-in-law's sister went to WDW about a year ago and brought home a shirt for my niece and we all smelled the shirt because you could still smell the giftshop. And the smell of the monorail...I love it. At times it can be bad but still.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom