Smell it!

skyzoober

Original Poster
There are a few 'smell' related threads, but none specifically for this, as far as I can tell!
The question I'm putting out there, is, has anyone managed to re-create that perfect Disney smell at home?
You might have found an air freshener that smells like the Soarin' orange groves, or a toilet cleaner that smells like Rome...post it here so we can re-create it at home.

elisatonks

i'm lucky i just need to open the doors and windows to get the orange grove smell. (there is an orange grove across the road form my house.):lol:

mickeysaver

The love of my life brings a little of the UK pavillion to life here at home when she wears Burberry London. We picked it for her because it reminded us both of being at Epcot.

Apple Spice and Delight Febreze air freshener smells like the pie smell from Philharmagic. We use that one frequently around the house.

That's all that immediately comes to mind.

tirian

There are a few 'smell' related threads, but none specifically for this, as far as I can tell!
The question I'm putting out there, is, has anyone managed to re-create that perfect Disney smell at home?
You might have found an air freshener that smells like the Soarin' orange groves, or a toilet cleaner that smells like Rome...post it here so we can re-create it at home.

"Shore Breeze" scented oil at Bath and Body Works —it's about 99.9% the same as the ocean smell in Soarin'.

LunarParkGirl

I hope I'm spelling this correctly--
Salish--it's a smoked salt that you can buy at Whole Foods--smells JUST LIKE Rome Burning!

I got some to put on the 4th of July Steaks I grilled and I kept wandering around the kitchen saying in Ralph Wiggum voice "It smells like burning!"

RoRo

I don't but my friends deorderent smells like the Sea Breeze from Soarin' :lookaroun. I wish I had the smell of SSE in my house.

Scooter

I bought a bottle of Men's Cologne in Norway.
I believe it is called Geir.
Everytime I put it on it reminds me of The Norway pavillion.
My wife Loves it.

EPCOTPluto

What about that smell of the Toll House cookies wafting from the Main Street Bakery?

They still do that, right? Humor me!

And yes, that burned wood in the Roman ruins is great. It wasn't so prevalent Saturday, though. Almost faint. :(

SoupBone

if you have a pool there you go:)

I have a less expensive way, put Clorox bleach cleaner tablets in your clean water tank of your toilet. I think of pirates or splash mountain with every flush.:lookaroun

This is not at all like the smell of Pirates or Splash. My understanding is that using bleach in a system as large as Splash or Pirates (especially indoors) would cause a major health concern (toxic fumes). Instead they use bromine which gives off a lot less gas and is easier on the skin. Don't ask me how to set this up though. :lol:

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I hope I'm spelling this correctly--
Salish--it's a smoked salt that you can buy at Whole Foods--smells JUST LIKE Rome Burning!

I got some to put on the 4th of July Steaks I grilled and I kept wandering around the kitchen saying in Ralph Wiggum voice "It smells like burning!"

:lol:

steiny68

This is not at all like the smell of Pirates or Splash. My understanding is that using bleach in a system as large as Splash or Pirates (especially indoors) would cause a major health concern (toxic fumes). Instead they use bromine which gives off a lot less gas and is easier on the skin. Don't ask me how to set this up though. :lol:

I guess thats why the smell reminds me of pirates and splash cause it has 33.3% bromine and also 37.7% chlorine.:shrug:

SoupBone

I guess thats why the smell reminds me of pirates and splash cause it has 33.3% bromine and also 37.7% chlorine.:shrug:

Now you're gonna make me go buy them to test them out.:ROFLOL: I asked in length about the smell because it's one of my favorites so maybe that percentage is close to what they use. Chlorine tabs or even powder (like the ones used for swimming pools) would be very toxic in an enclosed area. I'll do more research too. I have plenty of people I can ask this question to. I was sure they meant all bromine but maybe I just misunderstood and it's a mixture. ;)

*EDIT* Found this while doing my own searching. These are what is used in Disney, Universal, etc. http://www.brominegenerators.com/EPA_Epic.html

allee650

A couple years ago we had a travel shampoo from like Best Western or some motel that smelled just like the apple pie from Philharmagic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom