Smaller Cheaper Meals

adamneely

Original Poster
Greetings! My girlfriend and I are planning a trip from Oct 30th-Nov 4th and we are trying to decide what to dining wise.

When I typically go down with my family (this is my first without my parents) we bring food and eat in the kitchen at our one bedroom villa. This time Corinne (My Girlfriend) and I staying at a deluxe studio at OKW or hopefully if we get it a Deluxe Studio at the BW. This cuts the ammount of cooking we can do in the room. I already have a hot plate and was going to bring a pot so we could cook some Mac and cheese/ramen/ECT. I'm also planning on preparing some food before we head down (last time we brought homemade Chinese and Mexican food) to heat up in the microwave and eat for dinners. This is going to save us a lot of money like it always has, but we still want to eat out at some news places when we go.

We talked last night and decided rather than spend 100 bucks (our dining budget) on one big meal we would try some smaller places around Disney. I just heard about the meatball bar and love the price along with the option of trying some microbrews from around flordia. We are also interested in the new pizza place in epcot (pizza is one of those foods I love, chock it up to being 21 haha).

I was looking for some more options, something that is smaller and cheaper. Neither of us eat all that much, and I don't want to lug leftovers around with me. A side note, I can never leave leftovers at the restaurant,I have to bring the food back with me. I feel like I'm wasting money and food if I don't. We like pretty much everything minus seafood and I'm kinda picky about cheese so we are pretty open to stuff. I really want to try stuff that we normally wouldn't try.

Any comments and suggestions are very appreciated :)

adamneely

Original Poster
$100 for 6 days food for 2 people at WDW seems pretty unrealistic.

The 100$ is for dining money, we will be eating most of our food in the hotel.

@sweetpea I've heard pretty nice things about the plaza, and I've never eaten inside of the the MK. I'll have to take a look at the menu there. Thanks :)

Nemo14

The 100$ is for dining money, we will be eating most of our food in the hotel.

@sweetpea I've heard pretty nice things about the plaza, and I've never eaten inside of the the MK. I'll have to take a look at the menu there. Thanks :)
ahh - my mistake. I thought you meant you wouldn't be cooking in your room. You might want to check out the menus and prices at AllEars. Also, we have found that the kids meals are plenty big enough for us for lunches. Have a great trip!

Phonedave

Sunshine Seasons.

You can pick and choose, and therefore avoid any leftovers.

It is also pretty decent food, especially for a counter service.

-dave

materbuddy

You might want to look at sharing meals. Most of the counter service places have meals that are big enough to share. Our favorites are Tangierine Cafe in Morocco-Epcot. Pecos Bills burgers are huge. You can also get lots of free veggies form the toppings bar to stretch it out even more.

EvilQueen-T

my sister and i often share meals when just the two of us go. for places we like that fit in with the kinds of food you seem to be talking about you may want to consider kona cafe, the plaza, via napoli, liberty tree tavern (for lunch).

lwalker8

My wife and I did a trip recently where we budgeted just $250 for food for 7 days. It wasn't the greatest vacation we ever had, but it was thrown together quick and on a tight budget so we made it work - some of what we found:

Earl of Sandwich is the best deal on property. All their sandwiches are $5 and are delicious. They have cups for water there too so that saves on drinks. Also if you have a tables in wonderland card, Flametree BBQ in Animal Kingdom and the food court in Pop Century are great deals at 20% off their already good deals relative to some of the other dining options around Disney. Beaches and Cream at the Yacht and Beach Club is a relative bargain as well for a sit down meal in a nice atmosphere.

So park by park:
MK: Pecos Bill's (burgers with toppings bar)
EPCOT: Pastry Shop in France (Croissant Sandwiches and basically everything here is a bargain and delicious)
Studios: Not really a good deal here that I have found - eat at the Pop Century Food Court.
Animal Kingdom: Flametree BBQ

NiarrNDisney

Here's a list I compiled of cheap eats around the World:

MK - Casey's Corner, Eggroll cart in Adventure Land, Liberty Square Market,

Epcot - Cool Wash Pizza, Boulangerie Patisserie, Sommerfest, Sunshine Seasons, Yorkshire Fish Shop

DHS - Pizza Planet, Min & Bills

DAK - Pizzafari, Safari eggrolls and other eats

DTD - Earl of Sandwich, Marketplace snacks

Resorts - Boardwalk To Go, Boardwalk Pizza window (BWR)
Contempo Cafe (Cont)
Laguna Bar and Rix cafe (CSR)
Picabu (Dolphin)
Trails End to go (FWcg)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom