Small World Storymaker Finale

Jon81uk

Am I the only one slightly bothered that every person on the boat is included on one screen? Not that I need a screen to myself, but it takes away the magic of getting a personalized greeting and turns it into a laundry list of everyone who is riding.
From the video I saw it looks like one screen per party. So linked family all appear together. There was definitely some screens with only one name on them.

jakeman

ET's been doing it for years. :hilarious:
et_promo.jpg
Yep. Of course my name was Brrrthpzzzz, but close enough.

Jon81uk

So they're doing something that Universal has been doing with E.T. for 20 years or so.....how innovative.

Except at ET you have to give your name at the beginning of the ride so it's less of a surprise when it happens. Because you give your name when you create your MDE account, for most people it will be a surprise to see it on Small World. I imagine some of the other Storymaker moments such as the Genies lamp look even more surprising.

JohnD

The sun rays have been broken since September and the three dolls representing Wales in the UK section have been missing for almost an entire year. :grumpy:

Sounds right. I was there early November primarily to see the Osborne Lights for the last time. In MK, of course I had to jump on IASW just because.

Dartha Stewart

There are numerous creative ways Disney could implement the goodbye screen into other attractions, making this a thing to look forward to at the end of any given ride.

For example, when your train is arriving back to the station on BTMR, have one designed as a "Wanted" / "Reward" poster, reminiscent of the old west, with the various passenger names showing up on the screen. Or at the end of HM, have the "hurry back" spirit holding a large screened death certificate with the names appearing as recently deceased. Instead of Captain Jack mumbling about his shiny rewards at the end of POTC, have him holding a screen showing all the names of his new pirate recruits. For SGE, it could simply be a personal apology from park mgmt. to all the guests who witnessed the attraction. The possibilities are vast with how this could creatively become a new tradition. Regardless of how they choose to implement the goodbye screen to each ride / attraction... it is only necessary that they do so in good time. As paying guests who shell-out a small fortune to vacation at Disney, if we are not in someway part of the stories, then none of it is worth our time. Guest recognition: It's a good thing.

dylan313

The sun rays have been broken since September and the three dolls representing Wales in the UK section have been missing for almost an entire year. :grumpy:

Speaking of broken effects, what ever happened to the unicycle in the finale room? Every time that I've gone recently, only the wire is there, all by itself, lonely, and waiting for someone to ride on it. How long has this been gone?

draybook

Except at ET you have to give your name at the beginning of the ride so it's less of a surprise when it happens. Because you give your name when you create your MDE account, for most people it will be a surprise to see it on Small World. I imagine some of the other Storymaker moments such as the Genies lamp look even more surprising.

Yeah, I know how it works. It's still nothing amazing. I'll slowly back away from the dust now....

celluloid

It would not/shouldn't happen,

but for the sake of a laugh I am imagining the time(s) where it accidentally displays the credit card account information to everyone on board.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom