Small World Attraction History

nrose101

Original Poster
Does anyone know of where I might find a book or information on the web about the history of It's A Small World. Thanks

crazygirley

It's almost as old as Florida itself! No, but seriously, it is in need of some serious work. The nasty old drop ceiling tiles make me want to throw up. The whole ride SCREAMS "I haven't been fixed up since the 70's". Yuck. I would try searching on google, though. Good luck!

nrose101

Original Poster
Thanks for the help, Yes it definetly needs to be repaired I was just on it this weekend and it is a total mess. Walt Disney would not be happy

the-reason

Hey i kinda like IASW,it holds some good childhood memories for me,without that ride I wouldnt have become such a disney freak that I am today

skipperg

It's A Small World was originally created for the World's Fair in New York 1964-1965. I think it was sponsored by Pepsi. I have a 45 record that my parents purchased from the Worlds Fair with the soundtrack. May be a collectors piece. It may be dated, but it's a tradition when visiting WDW and besides it is my granddaughter's favorite ride!

shari71

I went when I was four years old and did not go again until my honeymoon. The only thing I remember ride wise was IASW and I could not wait to ride it again. I was a little disappointed then, but when I took my daughter two years ago, I remembered why I love it. To a child it is dreamlike and wonderful to see everything. We took her again last year and she wanted to ride it over and over. It may be getting old, but it has the true heart of what WDW is all about.

wdwhoneymooner

Same, here. My two year old loves it! It may be outdated, with low tech items and drop panel ceilings, but for the wee ones, you can't beat the looks in their eyes when they ride it.

blm07

Originally posted by skipperg
It may be dated, but it's a tradition when visiting WDW and besides it is my granddaughter's favorite ride!

Tradition yes, when I was young I wanted to go there every time!

wizard12

Originally posted by Juggler
Try looking under "BRAIN WASHING". I'm sure this ride was an early attempt at mind control by the CIA. :lol:

I actually like to ride it cause we arent down there much. It's a funny ride, but I use it to relax...

GaryT977

Originally posted by crazygirley
It's almost as old as Florida itself! No, but seriously, it is in need of some serious work. The nasty old drop ceiling tiles make me want to throw up. The whole ride SCREAMS "I haven't been fixed up since the 70's". Yuck. I would try searching on google, though. Good luck!

That's a little harsh, but I agree it could definitely use a good scrubbing down, painting, and doll repairs. It's a little dismaying to go into a WDW attraction and find burned out lights and non-functioning AA's.

Jekyll

crazygirley said:

Don't worry they are doing a rehab as we speak. Soon it will be nice again!

aimster

Swagger said:
I'm curious...is this THE original It's A Small World or was it just cloned off of the original DL Small World?
It's a "clone". The original from the World's Fair was transported to Disneyland, where it still is today.

Oh... and bearboysnc, according to the official guidebook for the 1964-65 World's Fair, It's a Small World *was* sponsored by Pepsi. It was called "It's a Small World - A Salute to UNICEF". Also, UNICEF sponsored a small pavillion next to the ride.

http://naid.sppsr.ucla.edu/ny64fair/map-docs/pepsicola.htm

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom