Small Wedding

jayd

Me and my girlfriend have booked a holiday in October 2006 to stay at All Star Movies. But now she has said she would like to get married while we are there. There will only be four of us going so it will be a small affair. We also know that we have to stay at a Moderate resort, to have a wedding so we are going to stay at Disney's Polynesian Resort instead of All star Movies. We are booking a Disney Deluxe Wedding package, here in the UK. My question is, what does the reception consist of afterwards, and obviously, we can't have a big party, we want to do something together, possibly a nice meal, for all four, does anyone have any ideas, or experiences, any help would be appreciated.

wannabeBelle

jayd said:
Me and my girlfriend have booked a holiday in October 2006 to stay at All Star Movies. But now she has said she would like to get married while we are there. There will only be four of us going so it will be a small affair. We also know that we have to stay at a Moderate resort, to have a wedding so we are going to stay at Disney's Polynesian Resort instead of All star Movies. We are booking a Disney Deluxe Wedding package, here in the UK. My question is, what does the reception consist of afterwards, and obviously, we can't have a big party, we want to do something together, possibly a nice meal, for all four, does anyone have any ideas, or experiences, any help would be appreciated.
Check out this information from Deb Wills' Site WWW.allearsnet.com :
A Disney Wedding is Just a Mouse Click Away
With Newly Designed Web Site

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings has redesigned its Web site, www.disneyweddings.com, making it easier for brides and grooms to plan a dream-come-true wedding at Walt Disney World Resort.

The interactive wedding Web site offers user-friendly planning tools to assist couples with all the arrangements to create a magical wedding. Couples can navigate the site and search ceremony locations, unique themes and even wedding cakes. They can then scrapbook these ideas and calculate a wedding budget. The online planning tool works in tandem with a couple's dedicated Wedding Planner who is available every step of the planning process.

The site also assists wedding guests with planning itineraries, selecting resort accommodations and activities, as well as obtaining information on a couple's registry.

Belle

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

We had an intimate Disney wedding back in 2001.

The guests were only my parents, my Aunt and Uncle. Back then hubby and I got our meal included in the cost of the wedding package. My parents paid the extra expenses for them to have dinner with us. We ate at the Wilderness Lodge's Artist Point, we married at Wilderness Lodge on the 4th floor terrace: Sunrise Terrace. It really was perfect, just the wedding we wanted. You can see pics by clicking on the link in my signature (our names)

http://disneyweddings.go.com/site/wed/int/cer/com_quest.jsp#3

Upvote 0

Tigggrl

I would LOVE to have a small intimate wedding at Disney! Sounds like the perfect fairy tale start to a wonderful life together! Congrats!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

crazygirley

I'm in the middle of planning my WDW Intimate Wedding. We will have the ceremony at Sunset Point, and then hopefully be planning our own dinner "reception" at the California Grill at the Contemporary afterwards for our party of 15. It will run us about $35 a person, but that is about $65 cheaper than what WDW wants for one of their receptions.

Upvote 0

dumboflyer

We were married in January 2004. We did not want to pay for the "real" Disney wedding because we had 11 people (3 over the Intimate Wedding guidelines). SO....we got married at the Grand Floridian in a suite by my father-in-law (who is a pastor). The suite had a BEAUTIFUL seating area just perfect for 11 guests. Then we had dinner at Narcoose's. Then my husband and I stayed the night in the suite for our wedding night.

Disney never knew we got married there....our grand total was amount was $450 for the suite + however much dinner was costs.

If you can find a pastor to marry you, then I really recommend it!!!! But whatever you decide, have fun and may God bless your marriage! :)

Upvote 0

jayd

Original Poster
Thankyou everyone for your stories and info, it is much appreciated. If anybody else still has anything to add, or more information, please let me know. :animwink:

Upvote 0

SewIn2Disney

dumboflyer said:
Disney never knew we got married there....our grand total was amount was $450 for the suite + however much dinner was costs.

You're allowed to do that, just sneak in, perform a ceremony and leave? Or do you still book the chapel? I can't imagine Disney letting you use the room for free, let alone get married without booking one of their expensive weddings!

Upvote 0

SewIn2Disney

Sorry, Jayd, you wanted suggestions..... I've always thought a wedding ceremony on the boardwalk, while Illuminations was going on would be nice. They have a small gazebo there that you could do it in. Also, how about having dinner in one of the World Showcase resturants? The resturant in Japan would be nice, because you all get to sit around a table and watch your chef cook your meal, which can be a lot of fun. Or, how about dinner at O'hana? O'hana means family, and since you are joining two families by getting married, I think that's espically fitting.

Let us know what you decide, and congrats!

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

SewIn2Disney said:
You're allowed to do that, just sneak in, perform a ceremony and leave? Or do you still book the chapel? I can't imagine Disney letting you use the room for free, let alone get married without booking one of their expensive weddings!

I think you misread the post, they booked the suite and paid for it for one night, it wasn't that disney was giving it to them free to use for a wedding ceremony.

Upvote 0

jayd

Original Poster
Thankyou everyone who has sent their congrats, very much appreciated. Sorry, just to say we are not staying at the Polynesian, but at the Disney Port Orleans Riverside, sorry, my mistake, but is gonna be an excellent time. Once again thankyou. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

stopgo

Congrats on the upcoming nuptuals! If you're gonna be at WDW late in October... say, Saturday the 28th between 3:30 and 5:30 pm... I hear there's going to be an incredible reception at the Atlantic Dance Hall. Feel free to crash it:D

Upvote 0

jayd

Original Poster
stopgo said:
Congrats on the upcoming nuptuals! If you're gonna be at WDW late in October... say, Saturday the 28th between 3:30 and 5:30 pm... I hear there's going to be an incredible reception at the Atlantic Dance Hall. Feel free to crash it:D

Why thankyou for the invite, but we don't fly out from Manchester UK, till on that Sat (28th) and we don't arrive till about 6.30, which is a shame, but thankyou very much.:(

Upvote 0

KevinETuk

Congrats! We got married at the rose garden at the Yacht club in an intimate wedding in 2003. Our package was booked via Virgin flying from manchester. If you want to know anything drop me an email.

Upvote 0

jayd

Original Poster
Can anyone tell me how much I should be paying for a Wedding Officiant to perform the ceremony, what the usual cost is?

Thankyou

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

If you are having the wedding planned through Disney, you get the officiant included in the cost of the package.

We had Reverend Jack Day for our ceremony. http://www.revjackday.com/ He was awesome and sent us copies of all the different vows with instructions to pick what one I wanted or to merge several and just send him a copy of the merged vows. It was absolutely perfect.

Upvote 0

jayd

Original Poster
ErickainNJ said:
If you are having the wedding planned through Disney, you get the officiant included in the cost of the package.

We had Reverend Jack Day for our ceremony. http://www.revjackday.com/ He was awesome and sent us copies of all the different vows with instructions to pick what one I wanted or to merge several and just send him a copy of the merged vows. It was absolutely perfect.

We have booked through Disney for one of their weddings, but the documents they sent out said that we must find our own Wedding Officiant, pay the fee and sent us a list of Wedding Officiants they recommend.

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

Ahhh, ok, that's a chance from when we got married there. Rev Jack Day can give you the cost of the ceremony if you contact him, he will send a packet of information out as well if you request if on his website.

We got in the day before our wedding and since it was late, the next morning we went to the courthouse and got our license and were ready to marry at 3 that afternoon. Our ceremony was about 10 mins long, we started 10 mins to 3 and done at 3. We had cake and invited the Reverend to join us. He had another wedding about an hour later, so stayed for several mins and than had to leave.

Also for flowers for my parents I went with a local florist instead of one of the DIsney florists since they wanted about triple the price of what we paid. The florist delivered them to our hotel the morning of the wedding.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom