Small Monorail Update

flavious27

This was the damage from one of the Monorail/Work Tractor collisions.
oeNPp.jpg

Oh that will just buff right out, it will be ready in time for the post fireworks crowd.

s8film40

Great pics! Any word on the supposed holiday overlays?
I think if they were going to do a holiday overlay they would have already done it. The Halloween one was easy because they already had the stickers since they use them on the airport trams, I don't think (I could be wrong) that they made stickers for the Christmas party for the trams.

Tom

Beta Return
I think the thing I like most is that the assembly was done by people in lab coats.

Ha! Yeah, well, you know monorails need to be assembled in a sterile environment.

cool monorail grey..? and is it just me or is that a extremely long cab..?

btw, don't be shy. keep them coming ;-)

Agreed. More monorail pics.

It does look long. But weren't the passenger cars shorter, or were there fewer? I don't remember much about the old Marks, except for the CMs having to slam the doors, and the low head room and plastic benches.

Monorail_Red

Not only is the Tronorail still decorated...it was on the RESORT line yesterday! This was a huge surprise, as it's technically breaking show (TRON fitting with EPCOT's futuristic theme much more than MK's fantasy one). Perhaps they wanted to take advantage of the big crowds to pump the movie, or trains broke in a way that they had no choice.

You sure it was on the resort line? If it was, it would have appeared that the light cycles were going backwards, because on resorts we drive from the other cab. It does make appearances on express because for Epcot and resorts, the trains need to be switched to/from the express line to get to/from shop.

parkgoer

Original Poster
You sure it was on the resort line? If it was, it would have appeared that the light cycles were going backwards, because on resorts we drive from the other cab. It does make appearances on express because for Epcot and resorts, the trains need to be switched to/from the express line to get to/from shop.

probably confused with express, tho Coral was running the express beam a few hours last week, possibly was again last night. it's possible you happened to see it in MK during the switch where it was either coming from or going back to shop.

You're right, resorts are driven from cab 6, so not only would it look like it's backwards, it breaks the show, and it tron sticker wasn't funded to run the resort loop.

Monorail_Red

Sometimes what would happen is...well when you're sending an Epcot train out from shop it sometimes causes a backup depending on the crowds. So when they bring it out from shop, sometimes they will run it on express for an hour if there aren't already 4 express trains. So when they catch up, then it goes to Epcot which is usually a pretty quick switch.

I drove Coral for several laps on express, and it was interesting because it turned a lot of heads as I cruised through the resorts..... :D

devoy1701

I think that WDW should go the route of the DL system- full color with white luminous striping

I totally agree :ROFLOL: I love color! lol

I like the way those DL trains look.

They loook great...but you'll gladly appreciate our monorails the first time you bump your head on their ceiling...their monorails are also alittle more bumpy in my opinion...i think the beam is narrower so it takes the curves alittle "jerkier".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom