Small Monorail Update

Tom

Beta Return
Back when it was first announced, the plan (or the presumption of the plan) would be that it would be built parallel to the Epcot beam over by the Epcot beam switch.

It would be built in such a way that the tractor could pull from its garage/parking spot onto the spur without the switch having to be moved (because the part of the switch that lines the spur up with the Epcot beam would be pointing to the tractor's spur when in the normal operating position). All that would have to be assured would be that traffic in the area is stopped, because there wouldn't be enough clearance for the tractor to be on one side of the switch while a train is on the other side. (They'd have to re-build the switch in order for that to happen)

And when the tractor needed to drive onto the Epcot beam, it would pull out onto the spur, move the switch, and then drive down the Epcot beam. Only one switch movement required. (Right now, for a tractor to get from the Shop to the Epcot beam requires a *minimum* of three switch movements)

-Rob

The permit for the platform was filed months ago. Has any work started on it?

Tom

Beta Return
There is now a Porta-Potty in place and a few flags in the ground.

Oooooooooooooh! :)

On a different, but similar topic - did anyone ever snap any photos of the new barrier/planters around several of the monorail pylons? The last ones I saw were from the Poly and they had only poured the concrete. I'm anxious to see what they've done around property. They should be done by now.

WDWSteamDreamer

I've been noticing over the last couple weeks that the Disney Transport Buses are losing their Balloons. At first I thought I was seeing things, they just looked cleaner... fresher, if you will. I convinced myself that it was only a few "new buses" that I had seen, ones that had not made it to the stickering department. But then, it was the older style buses that were showing up all clean and sparklely. So, I was inspired to break from my normal commute home today. I took a drive up thru the MK area, where I saw a couple of hints of things to come.

1 - There is dirt work in process at TTC for the Monorail Beam expansion!!! Along with a construction entrance for heavy equiptment!!! WOOTS!!!

2 - In addition to 70% of the buses running around with nice clean windows.... Monorail Red has gone Balloon Free!!!!

I can not confirm if any other Mono's are running free and clear, as I only saw Red during my short drive.
Can anyone else back me up on this..... I wasn't seeing things, was I??

Tom

Beta Return
I've been noticing over the last couple weeks that the Disney Transport Buses are losing their Balloons. At first I thought I was seeing things, they just looked cleaner... fresher, if you will. I convinced myself that it was only a few "new buses" that I had seen, ones that had not made it to the stickering department. But then, it was the older style buses that were showing up all clean and sparklely. So, I was inspired to break from my normal commute home today. I took a drive up thru the MK area, where I saw a couple of hints of things to come.

1 - There is dirt work in process at TTC for the Monorail Beam expansion!!! Along with a construction entrance for heavy equiptment!!! WOOTS!!!

2 - In addition to 70% of the buses running around with nice clean windows.... Monorail Red has gone Balloon Free!!!!

I can not confirm if any other Mono's are running free and clear, as I only saw Red during my short drive.
Can anyone else back me up on this..... I wasn't seeing things, was I??

Any pics of the TTC spur work?

Expo_Seeker40

I can confirm that monorail silver (or was it gold?) is also balloon free. This leaves monorail lime, something, and the tronorail as far as I know.

parkgoer

Original Poster
I can confirm that monorail silver (or was it gold?) is also balloon free. This leaves monorail lime, something, and the tronorail as far as I know.

you're right. I forgot which trains exactly, but there only about 3 that still have the balloon decorations.

Expo_Seeker40

Now how about the WDW "D" logo that's on the monorail? How many of them don't have it. I know over the past couple years the monorails went through a repaint and some TLC...of the current 11 monorails...I know the new Teal as no D logo, and I think black or silver doesn't have it, but every other monorail does? I made a quick stop at the MK yesterday and I noticed red, silver, gold, and lime all have the D logo.

parkgoer

Original Poster
Now how about the WDW "D" logo that's on the monorail? How many of them don't have it. I know over the past couple years the monorails went through a repaint and some TLC...of the current 11 monorails...I know the new Teal as no D logo, and I think black or silver doesn't have it, but every other monorail does? I made a quick stop at the MK yesterday and I noticed red, silver, gold, and lime all have the D logo.
I will find out for you later today

peachykeen

Silver, Teal and one end of Black are missing the D's

landauh

Monorail Red, Green, Gold, and Silver are going to get dressed for XMAS. The rest will be losing their balloons by the end of the year.

spectromagic04

Monorail Red, Green, Gold, and Silver are going to get dressed for XMAS. The rest will be losing their balloons by the end of the year.

Thats great I thought the balloons really distracted your view out the windows. I just hope they don't put more stickers up for the memories campaign.

gatoronfire4lor

No balloons in the monorail! :lol: They are talking about the celebrate today balloon graphics over the windows on select monorails.

Is the Tronorail still decorated or did the graphics get retired already?

Not only is the Tronorail still decorated...it was on the RESORT line yesterday! This was a huge surprise, as it's technically breaking show (TRON fitting with EPCOT's futuristic theme much more than MK's fantasy one). Perhaps they wanted to take advantage of the big crowds to pump the movie, or trains broke in a way that they had no choice.

WDWSteamDreamer

Ok, so I was able to get some pictures of the new beam construction, I'll see about posting them tomorrow. There is, what looks like, rebar & forms set up for the first couple of pillars to be built next to the switch area. The pictures will show more of what I'm talking about.
Also, I managed to see several more Monorails running today.
My balloonless Monorail observations have come to this total:
Red
Yellow
Lime
Black
Orange
Blue
Silver
...those were from today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom