Small improvements to RnRc

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
Now, I think RnRc is great how it is. But I thought of a few small improvements and additions that would make it even better!

First off, the audio: The pre-launch audio needs to sound more like a real radio station. So, upon dispatch, a radio station jingle should play as soon as you start moving (you know, like having people sing the station's name and channel) . Then, Uncle Joe Benson (The radio announcer/ DJ) says what he does already, only on top of background music. (Most DJs, on rock stations in big cities anyway, wouldn't talk over silence.) Then, once that spiel is done, a commercial or 2 plays as you wait for launch. They could really be creative with these commercials. For example, they could do something funny that makes fun of real radio commercials, or, say, an advertisement for the Hollywood Tower Hotel ("We're DROPPING our rates! *Evil laugh*"). Each train would have its own commercials as well as soundtrack. Once the commercial(s) are done, the audio resumes as it is now with "Allll right! Aerosmith has taken the stage!... followed by Steven Tyler's counting down. The rest of the audio track would remain the same, except, as you pull into the unload area, Uncle Joe Benson would say something along the lines pf "Looks like the special guests just made it!"

The ride itself: Everything is fine, but I think it would be cool if they took a lesson from Paris's RnRc, and added some fog and lighting effects to portions of the ride. It would work very well in the first portion of the track, because the majority of it is in the dark anyway (Most of the signs and scenery don't appear until after the first set of brakes).

What do you think? :D

Legacy

Well, I have to say when I saw this post I was thinking it was going to be some stupid suggestions... but I was wrong in a big way. Tom, you are on the money. I love the idea of improving the pre-launch announcments, and I agree with the fog idea. I also think that some headlights or cars on the walls or ground would help some too. I mean, there is that whole, 'The freeways jammed, so we be jammin' thing... yet you dont see another vehicle throughout the entire ride.

And just me, I want to see animatronics of Aerosmith instead of that big movie screen at the end. I think it would be a bit more spectacular for the story line.

TURKEY

I thought that these suggestions were going to be either stupid or :hurl: when I first saw the title.

BUT THEY KICK A$$

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
Thanks, guys! Now if only Disney Imagineers listened to high school students...

Kicker, I like the idea of seeing a few other cars during the ride. If you went past a real car, it would look weird, though, because you're supposed to be in a real limo, but since its a coaster train, it would look very strange next to a real car. But they could have you pass headlights and stuff throughtout the ride, especially when you hear a car honk. That would be a neat feature, as well as animatronic Aerosmith. I don't see this happening, though, because they'd probably want to use the most lifelike ones, which cost LOTS of $$$$ just for one. Plus, people would be crowding around the exit to watch them.

Headlights and the Radio enhancements are nice editions, to raise the experience.

-The Radio enhancements though would only maybe be possibly difficult because of the short time you are actually at the pre-launch area, it may seem like a long time when riding but it is rather short, I think these time constraints need to be heavily considered, but this is still very doable

-The head lights while good theoretically I worry about actually being carried out, there are not too many spots which the car is not already seeing something where headlights could be positioned, and it may be hard to decipher what they are with the speed of the car. This is still possible but it may just be easier said then done.

-The animatronics are impractical and would cause a traffic hazard

Legacy

The animatronics are meant for the exit... as soon as you get off there is a big screen show Aerosmith and I want to see animatronics. I know it would e impractical, but I would still like to see it.

Mouse3268

I have an idea myself. They should put in a new train with the new music from Aerosmith's new CD Just Push Play but keep the old music too. :king:

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
I'd like to hear Just Push Play on the ride too! But, a new Limo would not fit on the track. They have 5 Limos right now, and can only run 4 at a time. But, Disney stated that they would periodically change the songs you hear, so who knows?

wanabeimagineer

Great ideas, especially the commercials. The only thing I can think of that would really make it a lot better than it already is would be too just make it longer! It's so short in comparison to other roller coasters, but the in-ride soundtrack and theming well make up for it.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Love the ideas guys - quite agree that something needs adding at the end of the ride, its a bit of an anti climax when you get off the ride and just wander through to the merchandise area

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
LOL.. how true.. but even though most Disney rides lead you into a gift shop, most of them have a climax. You're right, Rock 'n' RollerCoaster is very anti-climatic. A simple message from the DJ on the radio would fix all of that, and it would be much better than hearing the crowd cheering until you get off.

WDWFREAK53

Well...about the car's headlights...

After the launch (before the first inversion)...have headlights turn on as if you are in HEAD-ON TRAFFIC...and at the last second, you pull up and go into the inversion...and have a horn beep too. (kind of like "the evasive manuever" in Test Track).

Also, they could add a small tunnel around the track with headlights in it...with honking horns too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom