Slower shipping now on MagicBands

Rob562

Original Poster
Just a quick note... Up until now from posts by people on here it has seemed like Disney has been shipping the Bands out via UPS next-day service.

I have friends who are going next month that I've been helping plan their trip. Their Bands just shipped Monday night, but the tracking info says that it won't arrive until Thursday. From Tennessee to Massachusetts means that's probably coming via UPS Ground. (I'll have my friend check the label when it arrives)

Looks like Disney's gotten comfortable with the process of getting the Bands shipped out on-time and feels that the needs can be met with Ground service.

-Rob

Tom

Beta Return
I didn't figure they'd maintain the expense of NextDay. They were likely using that during the initial test period just to make sure guests got them right away, and because they were being customized and shipped to close to travel dates.

As you said, they're getting comfortable with the process. They're actually pushing for guests to finish customization a month out, which still gives them a grace period before they ship 10-15 days out.

Belle2013

I have noticed even on my 2nd day air ups packages and other packages have been delayed due to the storms that went through the area. Actually one package that was supposed to be here on Thursday was destroyed by the tornado (luckily and thankfully the driver wasn't hurt). If they ship out of Memphis for MB or if it is in the same area as where the Disney Store items ship out of I had those items have their delivery date changed again after the past weekend. Not sure if that was just a coincidence or if the storms had anything to do with the delay in my packages (besides the one where it was completely destroyed) for this week.

dreamfinder

Mine were supposed to be customized by yesterday and now it says I can still customize them. No info on them being shipped. I feel like a dog waiting by the door for my owner to come home.

How many days out was it? They have different windows for customized and ship at 30 days out, customized and resort pickup at 10 days out, and plain grey resort pickup.

minniemickeyfan

I noticed my customize date changed from December 18 to December 5. It doesn't matter; they're already customized, but still
Interesting, my customize date was Dec 1st and now it says Dec 21st for a Jan 1st Reservation
On another note does anyone know if you can move up these dates so you will be sure to get them on time? I have a 2nd reservation for Jan 5 and my customize date for this one is Dec 25. The problem is I'm leaving home Dec 28th!.

StarWarsGirl

Interesting, my customize date was Dec 1st and now it says Dec 21st for a Jan 1st Reservation
On another note does anyone know if you can move up these dates so you will be sure to get them on time? I have a 2nd reservation for Jan 5 and my customize date for this one is Dec 25. The problem is I'm leaving home Dec 28th!.
I would call Disney and let them know the issue. They might be able to do a shipping rush.

Tom

Beta Return

You only need one set of bands to access all of your reservations. So as long as you get the first set, you're good.

Also, if you just wait and customize them between 5 - 9 days out, they'll ship the customized ones to your resort. Under 5 days and you'll get the gray ones at check in.

imagination30

I got our bands for Jan 9th , and it said on the package next day air , customize date end was dec . 9th and I got them today so thatsd about right , but I never got a email... --- I just went to the walt Disney world site and it said status being cutstomized ship soon!

rnese

I am planning on leaving for Florida 9 or 10 days prior to my check-in date. How many days prior to your check-in date does Disney send them out? If I do all of my customizing a few months before I leave will I get the bands in the mail before I leave? Or, will I have to pick them up at the resort at check-in? Can anyone help answer this?

dreamfinder

I am planning on leaving for Florida 9 or 10 days prior to my check-in date. How many days prior to your check-in date does Disney send them out? If I do all of my customizing a few months before I leave will I get the bands in the mail before I leave? Or, will I have to pick them up at the resort at check-in? Can anyone help answer this?

If you customize your bands more than 30 days in advance, they will ship them to your house. As of now they are shipping them out pretty much right after that deadline, and arrive a few days after. This may change moving forward, but I wouldn't expect it to move much. If you customize them between 30 and 10 days in advance, they will have the bands available at your hotel. If you don't customize them before the 10 days out, you get plain grey when you check in.

JohnD

I have a trip planned for April. So, while too soon for MBs, yesterday I did get the package with the flash drive and personalized booklet about my upcoming trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom