Slow and Steady...A June TR!

Well, I have finally gotten to the task of sitting down and writing this. I know, took me long enough. The cast includes Myself, DH, DS (14), and DD--who had the good fortune of celebrating her 10th birthday on this trip. This trip was from June 11th-18th. We did a split stay starting with a Royal Room at POR, and moving to POFQ.

Some background here: DH sprained his ankle pretty badly, and would attempt the whole trip with his ankle wrapped, and one crutch. This would help set a slower speed than we are used to, but with the heat...Well, I'll get to it all.

This was our first trip flying United, and it was great. I didn't miss the SW cattle call at all, but everyone must not have gotten the memo. People were still trying to be in line first to get on the plane. Really not necessary when you have assigned seats.

This was also the first time our plane had no delays, and we would be at WDW early enough to hit a park the first day. Great start for DD's birthday! Got off the plane. First time I didn't get lost on the way to DME! Crazy easy to get to the right line. All 4 of us were waiting with absolute excitement, a whole trip ahead of us! Got on the bus, and the driver asked for a show of hands to figure out where everyone was going. And then we were off!

A light mist started, but
DSC03515.jpg

That just has a way of chasing the clouds away!

MouseDreaming

Original Poster
It was getting close to 2:30, and I had a very important appointment at Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe! There was a nice shady spot with a ledge to sit on. Perfect for DH and the kids. I also should mention that while we were expecting hot and sticky, we didn't expect that sticky! As per @MR FERRET 's suggestion, by the shop was supposed to be the place. When we got there, that's when I noticed there are about 3 entries to the place, and I wasn't sure if anyone else was there yet, so I ventured inside. I was specifically looking for a Figment pack. People probably thought I had a problem, because if they had a pack, I was staring. I thought I was looking for a pack that had a Figment silk screened on it. But, it became very clear who I was looking for when I saw this:
DSC035342.jpg

Hi @figmentfan423 ! We chatted for a bit, and looked around to see if anyone else was coming, but didn't see anyone.
DSC03534.jpg

That's when we saw this lovely lady and her family. Hi @Pooh'sBuddy !
DSC03535.jpg

It was really like visiting with old friends, and it really was great to meet fellow WDWMagic members. Thanks again to @MR FERRET for a great spot!

The visit was really too short. But I had a young girl who was in a hurry to jump in a pool. And a DH who was in a hurry to put his foot up and ice his ankle. And a DS who was also ready to jump in a pool.

We got back to POR, just to find Mickey was having his own adventure while we were out!
DSC03537.jpg

jhoff3405

Your hubby is a real trooper to opt to use a crutch instead of being wheeled around in a wheelchair. I can only imagine how sore his armpit would be after traversing around the parks on a crutch.

LTT lunch sounds great... We have only been there for the dinner buffet. That is now on the list!

Such a neat experience meeting up with other wdw magic members!

MouseDreaming

Original Poster
Your hubby is a real trooper to opt to use a crutch instead of being wheeled around in a wheelchair. I can only imagine how sore his armpit would be after traversing around the parks on a crutch.

LTT lunch sounds great... We have only been there for the dinner buffet. That is now on the list!

Such a neat experience meeting up with other wdw magic members!
Thank you! Yes, I am glad he was able to make it around on the crutch, as I didn't realize how many ramps up and down, are in the parks, and I don't think I would have been able to push a wheel chair around for a week. It was kind of nice to slow down and enjoy the little things, I have to admit.

This was our first trip to LTT. I may never do the dinner buffet, because the lunch is too good to pass up!

The meet up was great! It's always nice to meet fellow addicts...I mean enthusiasts!:D Even DH says it was a highlight of the trip.

Jessica Meier

DS eventually joined us, found a closer bus stop, and went over to Fulton's General Store, where the kids invested in some new lanyards. Both had pins with them they wanted to trade. Got back to the room, and DH was ready to go. Off to MK!
a7f3ec3e-65d2-4d00-8e6f-1ba6fe73f7ce.jpg

Isn't she lovely!

We had just enough time to catch some ac and a seat at the Country Bear Jamboree. Yes, I like this one a lot! The CM was really nice, and when she saw DH with the crutch, let us go through the handicap entrance. It was another great show!

Time to get over to LTT for our lunch ressie. We were really excited to try this for the first time, and it didn't disappoint! DH ordered the burger
DSC03530.jpg

DS ordered the Freedom Pasta
DSC03528.jpg

I ordered the pot roast
DSC03527.jpg

and DD ordered a BBQ chicken and pineapple flat bread from the kids menu
DSC00044.jpg

We all really enjoyed it. I have to say my pot roast was the best I've ever had, anywhere. DH was a little upset that he didn't get it. DS's was really wonderful, too.

DD was not eating. She didn't realize that the pineapple would be on the flatbread. The waitress noticed, and quickly whisked it away and brought her some chicken nuggets and fries, which made her a very happy girl.

For dessert, I insisted we try the Ooey Gooey Toffee cake, as so many here have said it is really good. They weren't kidding! At first, no one else was interested, but I told the waitress to bring 4 spoons for it so we could all try some. When we bit into it, it was unbelievable!
DSC03531.jpg

I highly recommend it.

Lunch was done. Time to go back into the hot humid afternoon heat, and get to Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe!
Can you just go in and get the heavenly dessert? Thinking this may be lunch on our last day! :)

MouseDreaming

Original Poster
We made it back to the room, and got some ice for "the Ankle", while the kids got their bathing suits on. I took them over to the quiet pool for a nice swim.
18e24ec8-3477-4ccd-8b22-5123156416f9.jpg

The kids really loved the quiet pool. We could hear the pool party in full effect on Old Man Island. While some people enjoy it, my kids didn't want any part of the noise. As a result, we only swam at the quiet pool.

After our swim, we went back to the room to find DH rested, and ready to head to dinner at Riverside Mill. DD took some pictures along the way.
7681c09b-f3e0-427a-9b3a-d5b9c5092da8.jpg

DSC00086.jpg

Figgy1

Premium Member
Thank you! Yes, I am glad he was able to make it around on the crutch, as I didn't realize how many ramps up and down, are in the parks, and I don't think I would have been able to push a wheel chair around for a week. It was kind of nice to slow down and enjoy the little things, I have to admit.

This was our first trip to LTT. I may never do the dinner buffet, because the lunch is too good to pass up!

The meet up was great! It's always nice to meet fellow addicts...I mean enthusiasts!:D Even DH says it was a highlight of the trip.
Me too! I'll admit I have a little Disney problem LOL I can quit anytime I want LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom