Sleeps 4 studio, but we have 5..

My brother and sister-in-law want me and my best friend to come with them on their upcoming family Disney trip. We've been looking at DVC point rentals since we can stay at a Deluxe resort for about the same price as a Moderate. It would be 4 adults, 1 child (8), and 1 infant. We were checking out a studio at Saratoga Springs and were let down by the broker we were speaking with. The child sleeps with her parents when she's away from home on most family vacations. We were going to put her in a bed with her parents, while my best friend and I slept on the Murphy bed and the infant in a cradle.

I guess what I'm asking is.. are they really checking for the correct amount in the party? What if we don't put my niece on the reservation, but show up with her anyway? I know we run the risk of Disney giving us the boot, but our price literally doubled to go up to a One Bedroom that slept 5. I know there are other studios that sleep 5, but on this particular broker's website, they didn't have any availability. I'm normally not a rule breaker, but we're planning this trip the week of Mardi Gras 2024 and don't want to keep delaying booking because we know things go quickly.

My brother and SIL haven't been since they were kids and my niece hasn't been since she was a toddler. I want to make this an amazing trip for them. I offered to do all of the planning since I'm very Disney-fluent (lol.) Any and all help and advice is greatly appreciated!! I want to make this a memorable and hassle-free trip for them!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Occupancy limits for all Disney Vacation Club properties are computed by the number of adults plus the number of children (minus the first baby under the age of 3). So, for example, if you are a party of 2 adults and 3 children and one child is under the age of 3, your total is 4. If you are a party of 2 adults and 3 children (all 3 years old or over), your total is 5.

There are no exceptions to occupancy rules and all guests using a room (including children and infants) must be officially registered on the reservation. There will be an "infant" option that you can select for the age.

There are reasons why rooms have occupancy limits, the paramount one is safety. IF something goes wrong, there needs to be sufficient space for everyone (not just your party, but everyone in that building) to exit it within a set time limit.

Here are Florida's building code https://codes.iccsafe.org/content/FLBC2020P1/chapter-10-means-of-egress

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Seriously though you don't want to do this even if you could. Four adults in a studio is miserable even if there wasn't a child on top of that. There's not enough bathroom space, not enough counter space, not enough drawer space, not enough luggage space, obviously no privacy.

My last trip was at the Polynesian with 2 adults and 3 kids in a studio and even that was too small. And the Poly studios are enormous with two bathrooms and a fold-down 5th sleeper.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Quite apart from the space in the room, you wouldn’t be able to have everyone on the reservation. Which means someone not being recognised as an on-site guest, so no early entry or extended evening hours. Plus of course you’d be breaking the terms of the rental agreement.

If you were found out you’d likely be told to move to a 1-bed or leave and the owner would likely be reprimanded by DVC, which presumably would come back on you from the broker (I know I would be contacting them if a renter did that).

Upvote 0

jaklgreen

They are extremely strict on occupancy limits. You are thinking, "It's just one child, what's the big deal?" The next group thinks "It's just 2 kids, what's the big deal?" And so on. Then they would have 8 people in one room. And you can't really put an 8 year old in between 2 full grown adults on a queen bed. That poor kid being smooshed in there. I am also a firm believer that adults need their privacy and that every family unit should be in their own room. I don't know your friend, but I would not be comfortable sharing a room with my friend's brother. There is very little space and only the one bathroom.

If you try to leave someone off of the room reservation, they will not be able to use the benefits, like early entry or extra hours. This is just one of those things that the more people that you have, the more money it costs.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom