News Sleeping Beauty's Castle to be refurbished

TROR

You're making the assumption they didn't create new (or will create new) snow covered roofs based on the new color scheme, I'm not making that assumption.

The snow covered roofs along with the other aspects of the winter castle overlay are a popular fixture during the winter celebration. So we'll have to see what they do this year. But I for one would be disappointed if they didn't do it.
Big doubt they would go to the trouble of making new ones. More likely they paint the old ones, but given this new paint job I don't they would want to cover up all this work and risk damaging it again.

Disney Analyst

Big doubt they would go to the trouble of making new ones. More likely they paint the old ones, but given this new paint job I don't they would want to cover up all this work and risk damaging it again.

My thoughts exactly. They saw the damage that was done, they had to put up the fake roofs again to cover the damage. Hopefully they will find new ways to present a winter castle. A mix of projection/tastefully done lights could work well.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Again we'll see, I'm betting we get snow covered roofs for Christmas...

Disney Irish

Premium Member
My thoughts exactly. They saw the damage that was done, they had to put up the fake roofs again to cover the damage. Hopefully they will find new ways to present a winter castle. A mix of projection/tastefully done lights could work well.
BTW, the damage to the roofs were from the other overlays, the 60th diamond roofs being the latest, not the snow covered roofs.

TROR

The damage as I recall was discovered as there were removing the 60th diamond covered roofs, not the snow covered roofs. They have used the snow covered roofs for years without issue, as far as I know. I could be wrong, but that is what I remember.
I believe I read it began with the snow roofs but was minimal. The 60th roofs were what did it in.

Practical Pig

A closer look from a WDI scenic artists Instagram page.

Based on this photo, I have to revise my initial opinion that the paint job seemed to be playing to the back balcony, or the Main Street Train Station. This seems to show that it's playing very effectively to the intimate studio space of the Hub and through to the courtyard. As photographed, the forced perspective gradations of the paint job seem to work very well from this intimate angle, giving a taller feel to it after all. My optimism for the full reveal has gone way up, and I'm looking forward now to my first naked-eye encounter.

britain

The gilded swirls?

I think it was some fall-proofing measure. So glad to see them gone!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom