Skyway Station Area Redesign

One question:

Where are they going to park all those bloody strollers now?? :hammer:

LOL! I so had the same thought. Typically this is where we park our stroller while we enjoy Fantasyland. :) It also does make a cute backdrop to Donald in his winter gear during MVMCP. :xmas:

~Amanda

Tom

Beta Return
will this new path make a transition like the current one between FL and LS or will it just be an open path?

Open path.

Isn't there an alleyway physically separating CHH from the building the Pan restrooms are in?

As for the comments on the hill, if you look at the elevation lines, you can see that the hill itself will still be there. The new building will back up against it (much the same way the Skyway station does) and in one section close to the new restrooms there appears to be some kind of retaining wall. (And looking at how the depression where a pond may go, perhaps the wall will be taller with a waterfall coming off of it into the pond on the south side of the restrooms)

-Rob

Yes, alley between Pan and CHH.

I'm really thinking there will be water features somewhere. There are a number of ancillary rooms behind the restrooms that will probably serve as pump rooms.

There are also several sets of steps shown backstage, and definitely some retaining walls. The area will be very nicely contoured.

COProgressFan

will this new path make a transition like the current one between FL and LS or will it just be an open path?

I would hope so. The current transition from the Fantasyland theme to the colonial look of Liberty Square works very well because of the overhead bridge which creates a clear delineation between the two areas. If the new pathway is too wide or open, I could see how it might now work as well.

I hope they retain the trees that hide the mansion showbuilding and such, from that plan overlay though its looking like they are but not sure.

Nope, They were going to clear cut the whole area right up to the back of the show building, in fact, I hear talk about just letting guests walk back stage as well....:brick:

Really? is this comment necessary?

hpyhnt 1000

I see no negative with this plan whatsoever. Peter Pan gets a (desperately) needed extended queue (hopefully with more theming), the park itself gets much needed expanded restroom facilities, and the traffic bottleneck in the area is resolved. I for one am not worried about theming or asthetics with this project; I'm sure the area will look just as nice, if not better, when work is complete. And as a plus, Yankee Trader gets to stay where it is.

And to anyone bemoaning these changes/improvements...seriously? :brick:

wedenterprises

It is. One of the big problems with the Pan queue is lack of space. In its current configuration the only thing that works it a tightly packed feeder line. Once the reconfiguration is complete they will be able to remove and expand into the adjoining bathrooms. I am not exactly sure how much space they will have but, a nearly fully enclosed queue just might be possible.

The biggest problem with the Pan queue is Fastpass. Get rid of Fastpass there and the wait times drop. No need for anything to entertain you while in line. Save some money.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The biggest problem with the Pan queue is Fastpass. Get rid of Fastpass there and the wait times drop. No need for anything to entertain you while in line. Save some money.
If you want to rant about fatpasses might I suggest going here.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=619709&highlight=fastpass

or here...

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=602651&highlight=fastpass

This thread does not need to degrade into another pointless fastpass debate.

Here's the thing: There are already bathrooms located directly across from this area already. :veryconfu

I was thinking the exact same thing but in all honesty more could be useful. The bathrooms next to Peter Pan are always pretty crowded and I've seen lines there before that could rival Peter Pan itself.

Rob562

I know someone was wondering whether there would be one earlier in this thread, but looking closer at the plans I'll bet that this is a Companion Restroom:

restrooms.jpg

And for those who need it, I'm sure it'll be a welcome addition to the area. Right now, the closest Companion Restrooms are inside the Castle (and it may even be within CRT, the info I found isn't totally clear) or over by Splash or Pirates.

-Rob

Tom

Beta Return
I know someone was wondering whether there would be one earlier in this thread, but looking closer at the plans I'll bet that this is a Companion Restroom:

restrooms.jpg

And for those who need it, I'm sure it'll be a welcome addition to the area. Right now, the closest Companion Restrooms are inside the Castle (and it may even be within CRT, the info I found isn't totally clear) or over by Splash or Pirates.

-Rob

I would agree with you 100%. That looks exactly like a companion RR.

Jerm

Someone was asking if the transition will be themed or not for the new path, with all the money they have been dropping on new queues and theming for EVERYTHING I would guess it will be some type of themed transition.

As far as the space they will get from the old bathroom....A LOT!!!! I know the mens is pretty big and I am sure the womens is bigger so they will have a lot of space. I am sure not all of it will go to queue, they always need more storage area!

Tom

Beta Return
I'm curious about something....

How much additional que is WDW GETTING out of that bathroom move? Could just be me - but knowing the area? It doesn't look like much. Am I missing something?

The current bathrooms aren't near the size the new ones are going to be, but they will open up a substantial area to expand/re-work the PP queue.

I imagine they'll do something Pooh-esque with it when they get around to it, and use the additional space for interactivity rather than winding queue.

But they're GAINING a lot by doing this refurb. Muchly needed larger (and more noticeable) bathrooms, wider path between lands, more open space, more support areas (custodial, mechanical, storage), theming with depth & texture, and kinetics (i.e. water features).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom