Skyway Building?

Irrawaddy Erik

could always make it into another gift shop LOL :D

Actually I would love to see it made into a HUGE working CooCoo Clock kind of like the clock on IASW in Disneyland

jmarc63

Originally posted by hmppan
could always make it into another gift shop LOL :D

Actually I would love to see it made into a HUGE working CooCoo Clock kind of like the clock on IASW in Disneyland

They could make it a gift shope but who would want to climb all thoes stairs to go to a gift shop. some people have mentioned turining it into a resturant b But from what I remember, by the time you installed a kitchen there would be little to no room for the Dining area even if it was a "fast food" resturant

Irrawaddy Erik

Originally posted by jmarc63
They could make it a gift shope but who would want to climb all thoes stairs to go to a gift shop. some people have mentioned turining it into a resturant b But from what I remember, by the time you installed a kitchen there would be little to no room for the Dining area even if it was a "fast food" resturant

The most exclusive resturant on disney property only seating for 2

MobileBadBoy

Account Suspended
Originally posted by WDWFanatic
From what I had heard, I thought Carnation was going to make it a resturant. That was a year or two ago. I like nice sit down resturants. I wish there were more.
This is what I heard a long time ago as well. I just don't see the room for it.

Might fit a handful of tables and a small kitchen. :lol:

cymbaldiva

So back to the topic....

I remember way back when on the Skyway! :sohappy:

My college buds and I used to ... um, well, ...

This is a family site, right?

We had a fab time :) Love the Skyway! :D

figmentbaby

Wait you guys! I don't want to come out with the most depressing story ever but here it is. I was at the MK on the first day of closing for the skyway and we didn't understand why. We asked cast members or any sort of Disney employee we could find. They said that they either didn't know or they were not allowed to share details. We headed back to the Beach club resort and turned on the news after flipping the channels and there was a news announcement about the skyway saying that a 65 year old employee was cleaning one of the cars after park closing and fell off the building into the bushes below. he never regained consciousness and was killed. How Horiible!!!!! I never try to think of Disney like that!

FLcastmember

Over this past week, that building was used not as a meat and great but as ''Vallet Stoller Parking'' for IASW and PAN, you gave your stroller to a CM, they parked it in the Q area, then you went back to the exit, gave them your tic, and got your stroller back.

It gets to congested in between IASW and PAN when both exterier Queues are being used on crowded days. Add to that FP confusion and Strollers, Way to congested!!!

but back to the thread, NOTHING will ever go though, theres no room for a ride, show or resterant. Its not sutible for a gift shop or even a Fast Food resteraunt. Look for a bigger meet and great area with a small gift shop at the most. As far as TL goes, that has more of a chance as you could build on the other side of the tracks (like splash and space did)

I did hear once about routing the space mtn queue on busy days up there.

jmarc63

Originally posted by FLcastmember
NOTHING will ever go though, theres no room for a ride, show or resterant. Its not sutible for a gift shop or even a Fast Food resturant. Look for a bigger meet and great area with a small gift shop at the most. As far as TL goes, that has more of a chance as you could build on the other side of the tracks (like splash and space did)

I did hear once about routing the space mtn queue on busy days up there.

If there were to use either of the old stations for anouther resturant or a gift shop I thing the TL Skyway station would have to be in TL. The station has the car barn for the skyway behind the station and gives you about twice the space of the Fantasyland station.

As far as building anything on the other side of the tracks in TL ,I think that would be unlikely. I know that SM show building is on the other side of the RR tracks, but the Queue and entrance for it is in the confines of TL using the tunnel to access the Attraction from TL.

As for SM in FL, the Attraction stradels the RR tracks and creates a tunel for the train, but again the Queue and the entrance as wel as the open portion of the Atraction with the final drop also are in the confines of the park.

I think with the size of MK that as a rule Disney won't build outside of the berm if it involves having the entrance and Queue on the other sinde of the berm. They had to make an exception at DL for Mickeys Toontown, but in the case of Dl that was the only space to expand since there land locked and is smaler in size than MK

jmarc63

Originally posted by cymbaldiva
Color me silly, but here's a thought -

Why not re-open the Skyway?

The support pylons and cableway were removed a while back and the equiptment auctioned off. It would cost as much now to rebuild the system as it did for one land back in 70 when it was being built

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by jmarc63
The support pylons and cableway were removed a while back and the equiptment auctioned off. It would cost as much now to rebuild the system as it did for one land back in 70 when it was being built

Okay, I can live with that! :lol: :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom