Sky Tower is closed until further notice!

xfkirsten

I imagine it's a wind issue. Even if the winds are quiet at the mooment, the Skytower is pretty wind-sensitive, and it may have sustained some damage during Frances and Charley. Here in San Diego, our Skytower is closed regularly due to high winds, when at ground level you couldn't even feel the wind.

-Kirsten

Lexxweb

Original Poster
Wow thanks I would of never of guessed that! (seriously!)

While on the subject of the SkyTower, how much is it to go on and what is it like on the inside?

Figment1986

To get onto the skytower with an AP.. is free... (Except bronz i think... but gold and platinum free)

To get onto it with daily admission is about $5 i think.... I forgot.....

(I want to go on it at christmas time... and see the christmas tree lights up close...)

Why build one in a windy place anyway....

xfkirsten

Heh... it was closed the whole time I lived in Orlando, so I never paid attention to that. :lol: It's like $3.75-ish here in San Diego for a Skytower ride. Discountst for Gold/Silver passport members, and free for Platinum members and Team Members.

-Kirsten

xfkirsten

Lexxweb said:
Whats it like on the inside?

Small. :lol: There's a row of seats, facing outward, that wrap all the way around it, with just enough room too walk by in front of them. Nice, padded chairs. It's actually fairly comfortable. :)

xfkirsten

You might have already seen these ones before, but I have photos taken from the Skytower here:

http://xfkirsten.fotopic.net/c171163.html

Gives you and idea of the vantage point that you get of the park. I don't have any pics of the surrunding view of San Diego/the ocean, unfortunately. But it's a gorgeous view up there, even if I can see my school from there. :lol:

babykalina

The Sky Tower has been closed for quite a bit of time. It was closed when I was down there in July.. It was open the previous summer though. Went on it then, glad we did! We were talking to an employee and they told us that the Sky Tower was closed indefinitely. They also said something else about it but I honestly just cannot remember. Now that's gonna annoy me.

Anyway, it was cute inside there. A nice little relaxing thing and gives you a good look at the park. And it's air conditioned so that's always nice ;) There's 2 levels of seating... And it was redone a few years ago so it's a lot nicer progressively over time :)

Lexxweb

Original Poster
Well I am happy to report I think the SkyTower was up and running on Sept. 17th 2004. Why? Because I was on my way to Universal Orlando and lookjed to my right and saw the SkyTowert in the middle of that long pole!

Something tells me it's still open....

But I think it closed AGAIN to stupid hurricane bob...er...charley..no...frances...no...uh....oh yes were on Jeanne...sorry hard to keep up with theese hurricanes!

:hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom