Skipping in line woman sentenced!

kasey1988

Original Poster
http://travel.sympatico.msn.ca/Trav...CP-TRAVEL&showbyline=True&newsitemid=37985024

Victoria Walker apologized to the victim and was given credit for 32 days already served. The 52-year-old Anniston, Ala., woman was accused of beating and kicking Aimee Krause in May 2007 in line at Disney's Mad Tea Party.
Judge Jose Rodriguez said he took into account Walker's remorse. She admitted pulling Krause's hair but said the central Florida woman provoked her.
Walker was taken into custody in Alabama and extradited to Florida months after the incident

Now if this is the tea-cups incident that woman deserves so much more than 90 days. No matter how much someone provokes you, that doesn't give you the ability to pound her head against the ground (which is what our news said, not sure if she did) without punishment, it's ridiculous that she only got 90 days.

Vernonpush

Teacups' beating victim sues Disney

From the Sentinel:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/newsletter/orl-teacup0908may09,0,2663164.story

"A Clermont woman who was beaten by another park visitor at Walt Disney World has sued the theme park, saying that its negligence caused her to suffer permanent injuries.

Eben Self, an attorney for Aimee Krause, said that he filed suit in Orange County Court on his client's behalf late Thursday afternoon. In a complaint provided to the Orlando Sentinel by Self, Krause and her husband, Paul, claim that Disney World provided inadequate staff and security at the Mad Tea Party ride, where Krause was beaten by Victoria Walker of Anniston, Ala., in May 2007.

They also claim that the theme park did not adequately train its staff to recognize security threats such as those posed by Walker, that the park didn't remove her from the ride prior to the beating, in spite of parkgoers' requests, and that it bungled its investigation of the beating.

Paul Krause also is suing Disney World for the loss of his wife's support and companionship in the aftermath of the attack.
When reached Thursday evening, Disney spokeswoman Kim Prunty said she had no knowledge of Krause's litigation.

Last month, an Orange County jury convicted Walker of battery. During the trial, Krause and several witnesses testified that she was beaten and kicked by Walker because Walker was upset that she and members of her church group lost their place in line.

On the stand, Walker admitted that she grabbed Krause by the hair but denied she harmed her otherwise. She also said Krause provoked her.

Two doctors testified that Krause suffered permanent brain damage and psychological trauma in the beating, but the defense cast doubt on the severity of her injuries, noting that there was little physical evidence from tests to substantiate her claims.

The jury convicted Walker of battery, the least-serious charge she faced. The jury also delivered a special finding saying that Krause suffered minor injuries in the attack."

hcswingfield

http://travel.sympatico.msn.ca/Trav...CP-TRAVEL&showbyline=True&newsitemid=37985024

Victoria Walker apologized to the victim and was given credit for 32 days already served. The 52-year-old Anniston, Ala., woman was accused of beating and kicking Aimee Krause in May 2007 in line at Disney's Mad Tea Party.
Judge Jose Rodriguez said he took into account Walker's remorse. She admitted pulling Krause's hair but said the central Florida woman provoked her.
Walker was taken into custody in Alabama and extradited to Florida months after the incident

What can I do to be taken into custody here in Alabama and extradited to Florida? I need a vacation!!!:lol:

cdunbar

So lemme get this straight, the husband is suing for "loss of companionship," in other words she is no longer pertaking in her wifely duties? I mean as a pre-law student at a college here in Florida, I don't know how they are getting away with this suit on his account unless of course they are putting it under a laundry list of damages. Even at that point, one would imagine that the judge would say "Sorry buddy, but it's not disney's fault your wife refuses to partake in this activity of the marriage bed." Also, with suing Disney because their employees did not react fast enough to the situation which was taking place, you have to ask yourself several questions: What time of year was it?, What time of day was it?, and how many employees were running the attraction? If it was in the middle of summer, or decemeber for that matter, and it was at 1 or 2 pm in the afternoon they would be extremley busy, and if I remember correctly there is usually only 2 people at the teacups no matter what. My whole point behind this is, these employees had to make a chocie, either keep the ride running while they went and dealt with the situation probably causing other problems that would come back to bite them later, or keep things as normal as possible to not distrub others experiences. Plus if I remember correctly all CM's can do is call security, they can't pull people off each other who are fighting or w/e. I don't believe this will ever make it to court, I could be wrong, but I honestly don't because Disney employees hand's were tied. Also with a case like this you have to ask yourself, do you care more about the experience of lets say 150 other people or the experience of a few? And the answer should always be the majority not the minority.

daverube

So lemme get this straight, the husband is suing for "loss of companionship," in other words she is no longer pertaking in her wifely duties? I mean as a pre-law student at a college here in Florida, I don't know how they are getting away with this suit on his account unless of course they are putting it under a laundry list of damages. Even at that point, one would imagine that the judge would say "Sorry buddy, but it's not disney's fault your wife refuses to partake in this activity of the marriage bed." Also, with suing Disney because their employees did not react fast enough to the situation which was taking place, you have to ask yourself several questions: What time of year was it?, What time of day was it?, and how many employees were running the attraction? If it was in the middle of summer, or decemeber for that matter, and it was at 1 or 2 pm in the afternoon they would be extremley busy, and if I remember correctly there is usually only 2 people at the teacups no matter what. My whole point behind this is, these employees had to make a chocie, either keep the ride running while they went and dealt with the situation probably causing other problems that would come back to bite them later, or keep things as normal as possible to not distrub others experiences. Plus if I remember correctly all CM's can do is call security, they can't pull people off each other who are fighting or w/e. I don't believe this will ever make it to court, I could be wrong, but I honestly don't because Disney employees hand's were tied. Also with a case like this you have to ask yourself, do you care more about the experience of lets say 150 other people or the experience of a few? And the answer should always be the majority not the minority.

That's why you're a pre-law student.... ;)

No offense, but as long as the law allows loss of consortium claims, people will continue to make them to help raise the ante for settlement negotiations or judgements.....

Also, as I'm sure you well know, in the US, you can sue just about anyone you want for anything at any time.....that doesn't mean you have a viable claim, but only that you claim to have one.....

sittle

...Also, with suing Disney because their employees did not react fast enough to the situation which was taking place, you have to ask yourself several questions: What time of year was it?, What time of day was it?, and how many employees were running the attraction? ...

My question was... where was the husband Paul during the beat down of his wife...? From what I remember from the story was that he was in line with his wife... so why not be the man, adjust your set, and step in between the two of them??

Also... I can't tell you how funny I find it that Victoria Walker was a member of a Church Group... apparently the first chuch of butt-kickers! HA HA!!

cooleo

This is just further proof that everyone that goes to WDW REALLY is a kid. Either physically, kid at heart or "Mentally". :zipit: :hammer:

Brwneyedgirl72

That is absolutely rediculous. By what definition is it Disney's fault that she got into an argument with someone and it ended up getting physical. I don't mean to minimize what happened, no one deserves to get hit at anytime, but I think that she is grasping at straws with this one. I think she is full of it - sees Disney as a cash cow and is going where the money is. In all likelihood, Disney will settle before this ever gets to court, but I think that it is nonsense and she doesn't deserve a dime.

wdwmomof3

That is absolutely rediculous. By what definition is it Disney's fault that she got into an argument with someone and it ended up getting physical. I don't mean to minimize what happened, no one deserves to get hit at anytime, but I think that she is grasping at straws with this one. I think she is full of it - sees Disney as a cash cow and is going where the money is. In all likelihood, Disney will settle before this ever gets to court, but I think that it is nonsense and she doesn't deserve a dime.

The women in Anniston.... :ROFLOL: That's funny b/c I lived there for a while and I promise you, you don't wanna mess with me! (Just kidding!)

Anyway, This whole thing is nuts! If she should sue anyone, it should be the woman who hit her, not Disney. What's with all of this fighting anyway? Every time I turn the news on someone is beating someone up. :rolleyes: It just makes me wanna HIT someone! :lookaroun:lol:

cdunbar

That's why you're a pre-law student.... ;)

No offense, but as long as the law allows loss of consortium claims, people will continue to make them to help raise the ante for settlement negotiations or judgements.....

Also, as I'm sure you well know, in the US, you can sue just about anyone you want for anything at any time.....that doesn't mean you have a viable claim, but only that you claim to have one.....

That's true about the fact that anyone can sue anyone for anything. I mean that McDonald's case from several years back where the woman sued because she spilt coffee on herself and it was hot, well yeah Coffee is usually served hot unless other wise requested. Neways I don't have a problem with being criticized or critiqued, criminal law or would you consider it civil law? is not where my interests lay. :wave:

Montyboy

Also, with suing Disney because their employees did not react fast enough to the situation which was taking place, you have to ask yourself several questions: What time of year was it?, What time of day was it?, and how many employees were running the attraction? If it was in the middle of summer, or decemeber for that matter, and it was at 1 or 2 pm in the afternoon they would be extremley busy, and if I remember correctly there is usually only 2 people at the teacups no matter what. My whole point behind this is, these employees had to make a chocie, either keep the ride running while they went and dealt with the situation probably causing other problems that would come back to bite them later, or keep things as normal as possible to not distrub others experiences. Plus if I remember correctly all CM's can do is call security, they can't pull people off each other who are fighting or w/e. I don't believe this will ever make it to court, I could be wrong, but I honestly don't because Disney employees hand's were tied. Also with a case like this you have to ask yourself, do you care more about the experience of lets say 150 other people or the experience of a few? And the answer should always be the majority not the minority.

So the time of day, or the number of people on the ride determines if Disney has to provide a safe environment?

I usually care about the many over the few, except when one of the few is having her head bashed in.

The questions should be: Did Disney respond reasonably? Were two CMs enough for the crowd?

CBOMB

Pluto contracts rabies and chases boy!! Everyones OK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQrZ3M4iJbo
OH no, he licked me on the head at a Character Breakfast. I wonder if I should go get checked out?
The women in Anniston.... :ROFLOL: That's funny b/c I lived there for a while and I promise you, you don't wanna mess with me! (Just kidding!)

Anyway, This whole thing is nuts! If she should sue anyone, it should be the woman who hit her, not Disney. What's with all of this fighting anyway? Every time I turn the news on someone is beating someone up. :rolleyes: It just makes me wanna HIT someone! :lookaroun:lol:
You women from Anniston are ornery!:lol:

I think the true nature of Mr. and Mrs. Krause has suddenly come to light. Like so many other incidents involving big corp. it's all about how much money you can squeeze out of them.

wdwmomof3

OH no, he licked me on the head at a Character Breakfast. I wonder if I should go get checked out?

You women from Anniston are ornery!:lol:

I think the true nature of Mr. and Mrs. Krause has suddenly come to light. Like so many other incidents involving big corp. it's all about how much money you can squeeze out of them.

On no, I'm not from Anniston, I grew up in B'ham, but I did live there for 10 years, well in Oxford. :lol:

I think that you are right on about their true nature. I bet all of their friends and family have said to go after Disney. I just don't see it but I would bet that they will get something out of it. :fork:

Raven66

It reads like they are suing because the CM's aren't mind readers and didn't stop it before the fight started.

dnalorg

It reads like they are suing because the CM's aren't mind readers and didn't stop it before the fight started.

Of course! The CM's should have been told at the start of their shifts that there would be a fight at the teacups at that specific time so that they could prevent it all together. It's part of the magic... :lookaroun :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom