Skipper Canteen officially changes menu

The new noodle salad appetizer is not any regular noodle salad. It is "Shiriki Noodle Salad" that was "Famously served at Hotel Hightower on December 31,1899" not that I have been to TDS (I am in tentative early planning stages) but I am assuming that this distinction alone automatically makes it at least 10x better than any other noodle salad I have had.

Jon81uk

Love this place. It's theme and interesting menu fit perfectly in Adventureland. We had dinner recently in the Jungle Room. No complaints, other than that my wife decided to try the pork belly and was disappointed/unaware how fatty it was going to be. When she mentioned it to the waitress we were given a golden FP ticket.

There isn't any pork belly on the menu at Skipper Canteen? But belly is ALWAYS fatty, so lends itself to long slow cooking.

The Char Sui pork on the menu at Skipper Canteen should be a grilled escalope.

rricks26

Original Poster
There isn't any pork belly on the menu at Skipper Canteen? But belly is ALWAYS fatty, so lends itself to long slow cooking.

The Char Sui pork on the menu at Skipper Canteen should be a grilled escalope.

The char sui is made with braised pork belly.

And no. Still no TiW.

jensenrick

The big scary "dumbed down" menu debuted today at the skipper canteen. Not much has changed. Only one dish was removed (fish collar) and, several items were tweaked or renamed. For example, Skips Mac and Cheese became Skips Beefy Pasta and became more of a baked pasta casserole with the same flavors. Nothing really groundbreakingly different. Added two new dishes as well; a cold noodle salad app and, a whole fried lion fish. Found a picture of the new menu online. Attached below

What a disappointment! Glad I got to go ONCE before it was dumbed down.

rricks26

Original Poster
The char sui pork at Disney is made with pork tenderloin. It most definitely is not pork belly.
It used to be tenderloin until about 3 months ago.

Also, the Mac has always been pastitsio. Which was the problem haha. People ordered expecting it to be safe. Which it wasn't.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Am sad the mac and cheese is gone.. don't know if I should drop my ADR because I am a picky eater. :(

L
It looks like a hard block. Not appetizing at all... Hmmm

I had dinner there in April with a group of girls, we all ordered something different and everyone enjoyed their meal. A lot of the menu descriptions are meant to make regular food sound exotic. We had a couple of very "unadventurous eaters" (I.e., picky) and they were all satisfied.

Myself, I had the fish which was black cod and I enjoyed it very much. Then there's the "tastes like chicken", which is actually just grilled chicken. The potstickers were good (I found them only ok, but I don't generally eat them--my companion loved them), we had apps and entrees and every one of our group of 8 enjoyed the food and the atmosphere and our server. She was fantastic, very droll with the puns.

Last edited:

HiYa Pal

The skippers Mac n cheese was hands down the best meal I've had in the MK (and its in my top 10 in all of wdw) I hope the new version tastes just as good. I realize that's not saying a lot, but I really like taco salads and Nutella waffles.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom