Trip Report Sixth Sense - " I see a LOT of people" - a Max Trip Report - COMPLETED

2022-10-06 - Disneys Animal Kingdom Park - The Tree of Life (1).jpeg

Hello All
Welcome to my first trip report in almost 3 years.
I will spare you the usual sob story of how vacations were booked and cancelled due to - you know - that thing we do not like to talk about much anymore.

Above from Left to right we have Stephanie (DD) , Tricia (DW) and Cassie (DD) in the front row
And Jordan (SIL), me ( Max, Andrew, Drew, Clarence) and Shane.

The last trip for me and Tricia was Nov 2019 to Disneyland.
The entire group last went in Dec 2018 to WDW.

The 2018 trip was a celebration of Steph and Jordan being engaged (married on Oct 5, 2019)

This trip we have another engaged couple!!
E5313B16-7731-402F-B382-A6130D54B76A.jpeg

Shane popped the question in March 2022 and Cassie of course said yes!

Dates - Sunday Oct 2 - Sunday Oct 9
Stayed at the Dolphin - three separate rooms for the three couples

The title you ask?

Well six people went to WDW and arrived just a few days after a hurricane blew through - we thought crowds might dip - boy were we wrong!!

More to come - thanks for following

Max

Wicked Sisters

In the Parks
No
Thank you for a fab report Max. Always interested in what the magicians are thinking about WDW at the moment and we are wondering how different it will be in September for us after 15 years. I know we will be super excited but the Genie+ and ILL is bothering us a bit. Sorry you were unwell afterwards.

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Fabulous trip!
Fabulous trIp report!!
Fabulous trip reporter!!!
(You still owe me a MLB game😉)
Yes I do - now that we know Aaron is back in the Bronx we can pick another date!!
Thank you for a fab report Max. Always interested in what the magicians are thinking about WDW at the moment
I try to be relevant and current - it took 3 months to complete - should have been sooner if I was not out for almost 2 weeks with the vid
Hey now! I've gained a few pounds but Geez Louise!
OK - just to clarify - you will not meet the 50lb limit - but I assume that if you can physically fit inside you want me to pay for an overweight suitcase???

Max

sheriffwoody

Oops I was way late on this (but I'm late on basically all trip reports...)

Enjoyed the report! Totally agree on your final points. All of them. We were also not blown away by the Dolphin :( I'd totally stay there again just for the location if I couldn't afford one of the Disney resorts, but my husband said NOPE. He was not a fan at all.

Also thanks for including the Lexington trip. Adding that to my list of places nearby to explore. It's about 5/6 hours from us, so would be a nice long weekend getaway.

lindawdw

I binge read your TR for the last two days and thoroughly enjoyed it! It's not always easy traveling as a party of six but you found the perfect blend of together time but also arranged for some apart time to satisfy all needs! Tigger certainly had a great time on this trip! I totally agree with you on all your final thoughts although being that we have never stayed at the Swan and Dolphin, I can't comment on that one. I hope Disney higher-ups read the comments posted on forum boards these days to see how so many Disney guests feel the way that we do about the long lines and the nickel and diming that they seem to be doing these days. Sorry you got COVID at the trips end but hopefully it means you won't have to worry about it come your May trip! We will just miss each other as we will be returning home on May 12th. Thanks for sharing such an entertaining TR.
Alice In Wonderland Thank You GIF

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Finally caught up! Great report as always, but sorry to hear you all ended it sick!
Thanks for following along and I am enjoying your report too!
Great report Max! The value has been plummeting at WDW but I keep squeezing these magic years in while I can.

Hope your summer trip goes better and your on the mend.
You need to go when they are in the right age zone - get the most out it
The May trip is just Tricia and I - first time to WDW on our own since 1991
Took me a while to get back here, but another great report as always, Max. Thanks for sharing!
Hope winter in the peg is going ok - relatively mild here in southern Ontario
Enjoyed the report! Totally agree on your final points. All of them. We were also not blown away by the Dolphin :( I'd totally stay there again just for the location if I couldn't afford one of the Disney resorts, but my husband said NOPE. He was not a fan at all
Your husband and I are on the same page
Also thanks for including the Lexington trip. Adding that to my list of places nearby to explore. It's about 5/6 hours from us, so would be a nice long weekend getaway.
I hope you get to go - the bourbon trial has a lot of distilleries to visit
It's not always easy traveling as a party of six but you found the perfect blend of together time but also arranged for some apart time to satisfy all needs!
Thanks for noticing - we put a lot of thought into the plan and it worked out well - just the right mix of group and couple time - nerves were all in tact and no blow ups during the trip
Tigger certainly had a great time on this trip!
I really enjoy it - even though I do not come close to the photography skills of @fractal and @sheriffwoody
I totally agree with you on all your final thoughts
Thanks again - I try to be fair but it is hard not to notice the price going up and the value going down
Enjoyed reading about your trip and it was a pleasure to meet you!
You my dear were one of the highlights of the trip for me!!

If you decide to come to Canada I would love to help you plan and to see you again

Max

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom