Sink holes. Anyone know...

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Sweet_pee- Do you know where at in Louisiana that bridge is you were

The I-310 Hale Boggs bridge over the river near St.Rose & Luling. The bridge originally was supposed to be 13 or 14 feet off to one side of where it is now. Hubby says it was 12 piles they lost. He would've heard that info from Engineers and guys who lived in that area their whole lives that he worked with at Monsanto. Personally, I buy it. Anything in/around the river never ceases to amaze me.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
On a serious note, the incident really is tragic and I feel for the family and friends of the victim. originally I saw the thread and assumed it was a reference to all of WDW being a sinkhole for our $

FettFan

Very interesting topic indeed! Only sink I know of is the one outside of Lafayette, La (2 hours from me) and people think it's going to cause an explosion one day. We'll see.

Sweet_pee- Do you know where at in Louisiana that bridge is you were talking about?

Lego606- Are you serious? That's awesome! (As long as no one was hurt)

And there is also Bayou Corne. It was a salt dome that collapsed while drilling for natural gas if I remember correctly. The entire town next to it has been evacuated for almost a year now.

R W B

The I-310 Hale Boggs bridge over the river near St.Rose & Luling. The bridge originally was supposed to be 13 or 14 feet off to one side of where it is now. Hubby says it was 12 piles they lost. He would've heard that info from Engineers and guys who lived in that area their whole lives that he worked with at Monsanto. Personally, I buy it. Anything in/around the river never ceases to amaze me.
Oh wow, I take that bridge a few times every month for work. I dont doubt that story at all, that river really does have a mind of its own.

R W B

And there is also Bayou Corne. It was a salt dome that collapsed while drilling for natural gas if I remember correctly. The entire town next to it has been evacuated for almost a year now.
That might be the one I'm talking about, I'll have to look into it more and see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom