Single Rider

McJags

Original Poster
Hello All,

I am going to WDW in April with my fiance and was wondering if there is a different line for single riders. I suffer from motion sickness and can't go on all the rides and just want to make sure that my fiance won't have to wait an hour in line to go on a ride alone. Worst case scenario is I end up going on the rides also and hope I don't get too ill. Just want to plan ahead so they can enjoy the trip as much as possible.

Thanks

Chape19714

There are currently single rider lines at the Following attractions:

Test Track
Expedition Everest

They are currently working on installing a Sigle Rider line at Rock n Roller Coaster, but there is no guarentee that it will be open in time for your visit.

If there is not a single rider line, use Fastpass. Also, if the line is long, and fastpass is not an option, you are more than welcome to wait with your fiance and just inform the CM at boarding that you do not wish to ride. There is a final exit at most every attraction, just before you board.

Hope this helps!

ToTBellHop

So you know, there are not THAT many rides at Disney that provoke motion sickness. Just avoid stuff like Mission: SPACE and, perhaps surprisingly, Expedition: Everest. I don't feel dizzy on any other rides (including Mission: SPACE), but the back seat on Everest makes me dizzy during the backwards portion...unexpected HEAVY g's.

barnum42

you are more than welcome to wait with your fiance and just inform the CM at boarding that you do not wish to ride. There is a final exit at most every attraction, just before you board.
That was going to be my suggestion - you can wait in line with him - some of the theming in lines is worth having a look at.

You will know your motion sickness better than us, but if it's the sort that gets upset by spinning repetitive rides you may be OK on most attractions - spinning cups and Mission Space may be not such a good idea.

H20Babie

Just wanted to say hi to another 'Pegger :wave:

I thought I was the only one! Now, I don't feel so lonely ... :rolleyes:

Valawen9

They are currently working on installing a Sigle Rider line at Rock n Roller Coaster, but there is no guarentee that it will be open in time for your visit.

Is that the other side of the line that they never put anyone in? I mean, when you're waiting to enter the recording studio, they load everyone in on the bottom section and then there's an area for people on the left that's more elevated and I never see anyone in that area.

Chape19714

That would likely be it, if you are talking about recently. I haven't been in a while, but the entire queue and entrance area is being re-worked as we speak to accomidate the new changes. New ramps and access paths to the load area are being built.

WDWFigment

You can also use your ticket to get fastpasses for her for the rides you don't want to go on (so she'd theoretically double her own).

McJags

Original Poster
Thanks for the info everyone, and hello to my fellow Winnipegger!!

I've been to Disney before and have been on Thunder and Splash mountain and had no problems, how is Expedition Everest compared to these? My Fiance is already prepared to go on The Rock n Roller coaster and Mission:Space alone, I want to go on as many together as I can though.

Thanks again!

Pioneer Hall

I've been to Disney before and have been on Thunder and Splash mountain and had no problems, how is Expedition Everest compared to these? My Fiance is already prepared to go on The Rock n Roller coaster and Mission:Space alone, I want to go on as many together as I can though.

Thanks again!

Everest is somewhat rougher than those two because of the backward element, and a pretty large drop. Maybe have your fiance ride it first and get their opinion on whether you should ride.

H20Babie

Thanks again!

If you were okay with Thunder and Splash, you *should* be okay on EE. How are you with going backwards?

Also, you may be able to do M:S Lite (Green Version), if your fiance is willing to compromise. I can't handle the teapcups, but I can handle pretty much everything else, including M:S Lite (it's the spinning for me).

If you don't mind spoilers, you can also watch videos of the rides, including EE on YouTube, to get a "feel" for the ride. Just search "Disney" and the name of the ride. Better safe than sorry!

BTW -- gravol can work wonders! :zipit:

Have fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom