Single rider lines??

mitchk

Original Poster
I have been to Disney World 4 times in the last 4 years, and I can't find the single riders lines. I always hear about them, and look for them when I'm at attractions, but I can't find them?? Can someone help me out? Like where is TT single rider line, or ToT's :veryconfu

Sorry if this is a stupid question:brick:

WDWBro

Only Mission: Space, Test Track, and Soarin' specifically have them. You'll see it right next to the single riders line, except for M:S. However, for all rides, being a single rider may put you on a little faster when 1 or 2 riders are needed to complete a vehicle.

e4ymod

They're right where all the other lines are. I wish I had a picture. The next time you go to TT or MS look up where the entrance is. There's a standby line, fastpass line, and a single riders line.

adjonline

I don't believe Soarin' does have one, unless a change has been made very recently; a line is physically present, but it was decided that it would not be used because it didn't work with the way the ride was loaded. A short time after The Land reopened, the Single Rider sign over the entrance was removed.

Also, I believe Space Mountain sometimes uses one, but it is only just before the ride actually loads that there is a little "off-shoot".

dandaman

^^The SM one seems really pointless. They always yell out for a single rider (and I always jump ahead :D) anyway, so why not use that extra queue for the "real" line?

I guess I can understand if the CM's want to use the "it looks long, but it really isn't" illusion.

e4ymod

ISTCNavigator57 said:
Have they ever used the Single Flyer line on Soarin'? I was under the impression that they hadn't.

They never have. In fact, they removed the sign that read "Single Riders". According to the CM at the fastpass line (not reliable), they don't have any immediate plans to open it back up.

I rode Soarin on the 2nd of January with my Grandson and they were asking for single riders just in the fast pass lines. There was no single riders and so seats were left empty. I still feel that single riders for Soarin might just make sense. They also were asking for parties of 2 - so we got to go the the front of the line and got in the front row. During the holidays it seems as though there were a lot of parties of multiple riders - 4-6 in a party. We did go single rider in Test Track and got right in.

matthope03

The single rider lines that disney advertises really are rare. As stated before, they are sort of pointless too because CM's yell out asking for 1 or 2 people anyways.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
e4ymod said:
They never have. In fact, they removed the sign that read "Single Riders". According to the CM at the fastpass line (not reliable), they don't have any immediate plans to open it back up.

It was used, but only for a very short time. I used it myself.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
MrNonacho said:
It was used, but only for a very short time. I used it myself.
During CM previews or after it was already open ?

I too thought that it was only used during previews when they realized it wasn't going to work,

MrNonacho

Premium Member
unkadug said:
During CM previews or after it was already open ?

I too thought that it was only used during previews when they realized it wasn't going to work,

Definitely not during CM previews, as I wasn't a CM at the time. :)

I'm not sure if it was before or after the official opening, but I'm leaning towards shortly after. I also rode a few times before the Land had reopened, but for those they just sent everyone down the Fastpass line.

ToTBellHop

It's really bizarre that they seem to think the Single Flyers line won't work. It works at DCA's Soarin' and it's the same ride with the same hourly throughput and the same loading (and similar queue lengths). I think this is more an issue of Disney being lazy. The point of single rider lines is so CMs don't have to scream out at guests looking for small parties...some people don't like being screamed at, and I'm sure it's more stressful for CMs trying to find an extra person, and it certainly slows the entire process. I prefer Disneyland's policy of having quite a few Single Riders lines.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Remember, over 4 million more people visited Epcot last year than visited DCA. Also, Soarin' is the big new thing at Epcot that everyone has got to ride. Visitors to DCA (who are mostly local, repeat visitors) don't think of SoC that way anymore. Our ride is just too popular right now. If that singles line were to be opened, there would be a huge rush of guests who don't want to stand in a 90+ minute line. The singles line then gets backed up, and then the guests in it start complaining about how slow they're moving.

If they can fill the few empty seats each cycle by just asking a little ways up the line, there are less headaches for both guests and cast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom