Simpsons Ride would be the best ride in the world, IF....

Deadman

To be fair, The Simpsons was making fun of EVERYONE, not just Disney, for this ride. They were poking fun at Seaworld with the whole stunt show sequence and even themselves with the "Send Universal Studios Money" sign and the various Back to the Future gags.

if you wanna complain about cartoons making fun of Disney, go watch the Family Guy episode where they show Disney enslaving kids to work for them

Ziffell

Nothing really, but it's just run into the ground. I hate being at a theme park where they constantly refer to that 'other place down the street'. I begin to think I went to the wrong park.

I personally think it's hilarious and all in good fun. I certainly wouldn't describe it as something is happening "constantly" by any stretch of the imagination.

Magenta Panther

if you wanna complain about cartoons making fun of Disney, go watch the Family Guy episode where they show Disney enslaving kids to work for them

Or the recent one in which the baby and the dog get animated Disney-style, which is really quite charming, and then the sequence ends on yet another crappy slanderous untrue Disney-hated-Jews "joke".

Thanks to that moron McFarland, a lot of people think Walt was an anti-Semite. What a load. :mad:

thelookingglass

I, too, have noticed that the audio is hard to hear on The Simpsons ride, and the screen is kind of dark.

I still think its the best stationary simulator in Orlando, though.
So you're of the belief that McFarland is the source of that urban legend?? :veryconfu
*MacFarlane

No, but the average Family Guy fan eats up everything the show says. I agree that the sequence was great until they took the cheap, easy "Jew" joke route.

Ziffman

No, but the average Family Guy fan eats up everything the show says. I agree that the sequence was great until they took the cheap, easy "Jew" joke route.

Sorry, but I'm not following the point you're trying to make here. You're angry at the Family Guy (a comedy show) for making a joke playing off of the anti-semite rumors about Walt, because you believe that the "average Family Guy fan" believes it to be true?? I have no access to data informing me about the "average Family Guy fan" (and I suspect you don't either), but I feel pretty safe in saying that MOST Family Guy fans are aware that it is a comedy and that pretty everything that is said and done on the show is just a joke.

thelookingglass

Sorry, but I'm not following the point you're trying to make here. You're angry at the Family Guy (a comedy show) for making a joke playing off of the anti-semite rumors about Walt, because you believe that the "average Family Guy fan" believes it to be true?? I have no access to data informing me about the "average Family Guy fan" (and I suspect you don't either), but I feel pretty safe in saying that MOST Family Guy fans are aware that it is a comedy and that pretty everything that is said and done on the show is just a joke.
The show has been known to be an outlet for Seth MacFarlane's opinions and rants, much like South Park is for Matt Stone and Trey Parker. The typical Family Guy fan doesn't question the validity of any statement the show makes.

If Seth MacFarlane says that Walt Disney hated Jews, then Frat Boy Idiot agrees that WALT DISNEY HATED JEWS LOLOLOL
Your right it is just a joke. Sort of Like Uni. No sorry I thought you said big Joke :fork:
Whoah, with a wit like that, you'd fit right in on the Family Guy writing staff.

Ziffman

The show has been known to be an outlet for Seth MacFarlane's opinions and rants, much like South Park is for Matt Stone and Trey Parker. The typical Family Guy fan doesn't question the validity of any statement the show makes.

On what are you basing your assertions about "the typical Family Guy fan"? Are you able to back up these claims with some sort of survey data or focus groups involving actual Family Guy fans? Or are you just making an assumption and putting it out there as fact? If it's the latter, then how are you any different than the "typical Family Guy fan", in terms of basing claims on misinformation (or lack of information)?

RobotWolf

I like Family Guy. But that was not the only instance when they describe Walt as an anti-semite.

From S06E02 "Brian's Song"

Plus, Walt Disney was an outspoken anti-Semite.
So, Disney, ABC, ESPN, Touchstone... these would all be things to avoid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom