Signing tickets

taverner

Hi

This is my first post (to any message board) so please excuse any possible lack of protocol. I have been lurking for several months, and have learnt so much from you guys. I live in UK, and in March will be making my eighth trip. But it is the first with the new tickets. My question is, do children have to sign their own tickets or should we do it for them? I have an 11 year old who has an adult ticket, and a 7 year old who has a child ticket. Also, what form of ID is needed? Is a copy of a passport OK, or does it have to be the real thing?

Thanks in advance.

tigsmom

First off, Welcome aboard! I'm sure you are going to love it here!

We have always let our kids sign their own tickets (even printing for the younger ones once they learned how) as it made them feel important. We never signed them when they were really small.
Not sure about the ID as I have never been asked for one when checking in, we just present our confirmation papers. Did you use a travel agent? Prehaps they can answer the question for you. Hope you enjoy your trip! :wave:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

For leaving any country a passport is needed, not a photocopy of it so you will have it with you anyhow. As far as Disney goes, they will not require ID. Signing the cards by the children is NOT required, however if it makes the kids happy why not??? Belle

Upvote 0

DisneySam

I don't think signing the tickets is a big deal especially for the kids. I don't think I even signed mine last time, oh wait I did but it was right at the turnstile. You couldn't even read it. [I was like let me in! :lol: ] LOL.
The kids may enjoy it though, I know the first time I got my "Key to the World" card with my name on it I was super excited. :eek:

Upvote 0

astewart

wannabeBelle said:
For leaving any country a passport is needed,

actually... that's not 100% true... I can still come from canada without a passport... at least until sometime later this year i think is when it changes! :)

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Well I know of one instance at least, where a friend of mine tried to leave the country without a passport. She had other documents and she ended up going through all kinds of hoops to get to the Domenican Republic. The funny part was it was the USA that wouldnt let her out without the proper documents. The Domenican Republic gave her no problems at all once she got there!!!! I wouldnt attempt to leave the country without a passport and put my vacation at risk like that. She really almost didnt end up going and ended up on a much later flight because of all the red tape. Belle

Upvote 0

taverner

Original Poster
tigsmom- thanks for the welcome. I had asked my travel agent, but thought I'd check it with some real experts!

wannabeBelle - the small print on the back says 'Ticket and ID required for entry', hence my question. We will of course have our passports, but I was wondering if we really need to carry them with us all the time.

Captain Hook - we have 7 Day Premium Tickets.

Upvote 0

brkgnews

You will almost NEVER have to show your ID at the turnstiles. The only instance I could think of would be if there were some major question about if you were really the person whose name is on the ticket. As you may know, multi-day tickets now require something called "ticket tag." That's where you use two fingers to make a peace sign (or victory sign, if you used to hang out with Churchill) and stick them in a machine that measures them to make sure that you are the same person who used the ticket the day before. They do NOT take your fingerprints -- just a measurement of your fingers. Also, don't worry about having to keep everyone's tickets straight. Usually, all of the family "ticket tags" are linked together. So, if little Tommy uses little Susie's ticket and vice versa, it won't really matter. As a general rule, signing the ticket is mainly to prevent any trouble if your tickets are also your room key, and you have decided to allow charges back to your hotel room (in essence allowing the ticket/keycard to become a charge card, too).

Upvote 0

bsummer

wannabeBelle said:
. As far as Disney goes, they will not require ID. Belle

NOT True...every Disney Cast Member at the front desk is trained to ask for photo ID, and if you don't have it we are not allowed to let you check in. Obviously this doesn't always happen. But it's supposed to and you should plan for it. Now at the turnstiles that's a different story. There's a very unlikely chance you would need ID there.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

bsummer said:
NOT True...every Disney Cast Member at the front desk is trained to ask for photo ID, and if you don't have it we are not allowed to let you check in. Obviously this doesn't always happen. But it's supposed to and you should plan for it. Now at the turnstiles that's a different story. There's a very unlikely chance you would need ID there.

In all the years we have been going to WDW and staying onsite we have never been asked for ID, just our names. We always have our reservation confirmation papers with us, but have never had to show an ID.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

bsummer said:
Im sorry, I wasnt clear on this. I meant photo ID would not be required for the children only. I have had to show ID everytime I have checked into a resort as well as any adult members of my party. Any children I was with did NOT require ID at check in. Belle

Upvote 0

rainfully

Definitely have your kids sign it! That would be a great keepsake when they're older!

I still have my very first library card from when I was maybe 4 or 5 years old. I signed it myself... it's barely legible... but I was so proud to have my very own library card with my very own "signature" :)

As for ID... I've always been asked for ID when checking into any hotel... Disney or not. Never at the front gate, though. In fact, I don't think I've even signed my pass... perhaps I should do that... :lookaroun

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom