Sign to remove BOB IGER as CEO of Disney

Berret

In the Parks
No
You do realize that as CEO, he has a fiduciary responsibility to both protect and grow the business as well as increase value for the shareholders, right?

POLY LOVER

the goal of the CEO is to protect the Product, its quality and value, its integrity and good name, respect its history.
Most of all assure that under your stewardship you leave it in as good or better condition than you recieved it. DO NO HARM.
By doing these things it will assure continued sales and continued profit.

POLY LOVER

You do realize that as CEO, he has a fiduciary responsibility to both protect and grow the business as well as increase value for the shareholders, right?

shareholder profits do not tell the story about the health of the company. I could takeover a corporation with decent profit , layoff the vast majority of staff, reduce the quality of the product, reduce customer service, this will increase profit immediatley for a short time I will look like a genious until the public catches up with me and my diminished product and support. In the long run I will fail.

CaptainAmerica

shareholder profits do not tell the story about the health of the company. I could takeover a corporation with decent profit , layoff the vast majority of staff, reduce the quality of the product, reduce customer service, this will increase profit immediatley for a short time I will look like a genious until the public catches up with me and my diminished product and support. In the long run I will fail.
People have been beating this drum for years. We're in the "long run" and the doom and gloom that everyone predicted hasn't come to pass. Everyone keeps complaining about focus on short-term profits biting Disney in the eventually, but at some point you have to realize that "eventually" has come and gone and you've been proven wrong.

POLY LOVER

People have been beating this drum for years. We're in the "long run" and the doom and gloom that everyone predicted hasn't come to pass. Everyone keeps complaining about focus on short-term profits biting Disney in the *** eventually, but at some point you have to realize that "eventually" has come and gone and you've been proven wrong.

you may be right but I have never heard so many cast members complain about treatment and the difference in the company. Theydon't appear to be happy now. I have friends that attended the parks comment to me because I am a Disney freak that its no big deal and they won't go back, instead the will try Universal next time.

Cesar R M

Buy a share of Disney stock and cast a real vote.
Thats actually more like reassuring his position by inflating the stock via increased interests.
"hey! people are interested!"

also, posting before the trolls get the thread closed!

EnergyKing

I think I should be in charge of the parks. Bring me the heads of the Imagineers (their heads still attached to their bodies of course) and we will inject the "edge" back into WDW. I know nothing of finance or running a corporation. I'll be the ideas man! First: Mr. Toad's Wild Rollercoaster (the first truly insane dark-ride/rollercoaster experience). Next, Sleepy Hollow something ride (scary and terrifying and kids will cry). Then...we add (defying space and physics if we must) ANOTHER set piece to 7DMT, where the witch chases the speeding train through a dark cave, cackling and it ends unexpectedly in an adult-worthy drop.

Pass these ideas on, please. You're welcome, Iger.

FettFan

So you're saying all those POV ride throughs on YouTube also take away their status?

No, simply because....
1. POV videos don't offer the same interaction that video games do.
2. TSMM the ride and TSM the video game are practically the same experience, the only difference being that your couch isn't zooming around the living room while you play.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Ehh, i dont look at it like that. People dont play sports games like Madden and go "ive already done this" while watching an actual football game.

RonnieHare

Original Poster
So let me clarify .... a few of you are happy there has been no investment in the parks, no new attractions, raising of ticket prices, experience reduced by laying of cast members?

Good grief.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
So let me clarify .... a few of you are happy there has been no investment in the parks, no new attractions, raising of ticket prices, experience reduced by laying of cast members?

Good grief.
Not sure "happy" is the right word. Regardless, if they're not toeing your line you'd still have a snit, right Jordan?

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I guess you don't realize that petitions like this almost NEVER work. A CEO isn't going to step down because a couple people on the Internet are frustrated. Good grief.

BrianLo

Good grief.

No one is particularly happy with how WDW has been run in the last 10 years.

Can you blame people for being slightly optimistic that the next 5 years actually have things worth being excited for?

Unless you discount:

-3 attraction expansion/overlays (Frozstrom, TSMM, Soarin’)
-2 major nighttime spectaculars that were not formally around at the start of the Decade (RoL, Star Wars)
-A major shopping mall (with many, many actual quality eateries finally coming)
-3 E-tickets (Flights of Passage, First Order, Millennium Falcon)
-2 ~D-Tickets (Na’Vi River Journey, Slinky Dog coaster)
-A pre-approved from a budget standpoint major new land we don’t know about for DHS
-A litany of other things I’m not mentioning from Harambe, to night safaris to a B-ticket to general infrastructure improvements (parking garages) to the other intangible things to see from Rockwork in Pandora to a Cantina in Star Wars.

And that’s just the things we/they know about…

There are actually large worthwhile new offerings scheduled every year through 2021… FINALLY

But I guess in your head none of those things will ever come to fruition.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Perhaps BOB IGER will be vain enough to type his name into google whilst purring over his next dream movie project ... and see the absolute hate for him.

A despicable CEO of the worst order. GREED at the heart of his love. Single handedly destroyed Walt's vision of the parks. A man consumed by greed and staying in power he has all but asset stripped WDW to protect his profits and salary. Short termism CEO's like him destroy companies. See, Panam, see IBM, see Time Warner, Lehman Brothers, all had CEO's who were driven by short termism and getting profit in to satisfy themselves, rather than looking after the long term future of the product they were in charge of.

BOB IGER NOT ONE E-TICKET ATTRACTION IN OVER 10 YEARS OF HIS TENURE.

BOB IGER LETTING PARKS ROT.

BOB IGER WASTING BILLIONS ON A POINTLESS extension of the fast pass system.

BOB IGER OVERSEEING SOME OF THE BIGGEST RISE IN TICKET PRICES IN THE HISTORY OF DISNEY.

BOB IGER LAYING OF LOYAL CAST MEMBERS AT TIMES OF RECORD PROFITS SO HE CAN ARTIFICALLY KEEP PROFITS HIGH FOR HIMSELF.
Do you just have a fetish for typing "Bob Iger" in your posts, Jordan? Asking for a friend....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom