SICK Space Mountain Holiday overlay

DisneyCane

Doesn't make any thematic sense.. Christmas music in Space?

Well, who am I to voice my thoughts.. people love the cutesy holiday displays on the Haunted Hotel.
As long as the sound originates in your space shuttle (from a thematic not real standpoint) it is fine. I'm sure astronauts on the ISS listen to Christmas music.

You shouldn't be able to hear screams from other riders in space but that doesn't ruin the ride.

rreading

Agree that it looks absurd, and illogical. I don't get it.

That being said, if they're able to do these effects, then could they have fixed the other long-standing problematic effects at the same time. If not, then then why not?

It also suggests that they are not very worried about the state of the track that they are spending $$ (maybe not that much) to add something completely unnecessary

SplashJacket

As long as the sound originates in your space shuttle (from a thematic not real standpoint) it is fine. I'm sure astronauts on the ISS listen to Christmas music.

You shouldn't be able to hear screams from other riders in space but that doesn't ruin the ride.

I think the best question on whether or not an overlay is good or not is whether you would have liked to experience it on your first ride.

I personally would not want the Christmas overlay on my first ride.

I have not ridden on the overlay, but I think it is done in poor taste.

That being said, having ridden Space Mountain as many times as I have I would be more than up to experience it.

I am always up to do new things, but I believe the overlay is way too poorly done and far fetched to be good for a first ride.

Now if Toy Story Mania got a Christmas overlay, I would easily get behind that!

I am personally a huge fan of seasonal overlays, this one simply detracts from the ride.

celluloid

Bingo. But theming seems to matter less and less.

Noel...
At least a star Tunnel-esque version of North Star themed music would be a bit more clever.

Kidding of course. It is disheartening. At least qith all ththe freight they could have a holiday mission overlay. But...I really just want the ride to be in the shape it can be in.

Last edited:

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Looks like this will be the closest I get to experiencing the boat ride from Willy Wonka.

48F252A4-743F-4D62-92C2-EF3E62271B2B.gif

ToTBellHop

I think the best question on whether or not an overlay is good or not is whether you would have liked to experience it on your first ride.

I personally would not want the Christmas overlay on my first ride.

I have not ridden on the overlay, but I think it is done in poor taste.

That being said, having ridden Space Mountain as many times as I have I would be more than up to experience it.

I am always up to do new things, but I believe the overlay is way too poorly done and far fetched to be good for a first ride.

Now if Toy Story Mania got a Christmas overlay, I would easily get behind that!

I am personally a huge fan of seasonal overlays, this one simply detracts from the ride.
Approximately how many guests at MVMCP are riding ANYTHING for the first time?

Thank goodness Disney doesn’t share your perspective or fan-favorite Haunted Mansion Holiday would have never happened.

I presume holiday offerings are largely geared toward repeat visitors.

Squishy

I'm all for holiday offerings and overlays (love Haunted Mansion Holiday) but this looks pretty janky and makes no sense from a thematic perspective. At least Hyperspace Mountain and Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy make sense within the overall theme of the ride.
tbh it's better then nothing.

SplashJacket

Approximately how many guests at MVMCP are riding ANYTHING for the first time?

Thank goodness Disney doesn’t share your perspective or fan-favorite Haunted Mansion Holiday would have never happened.

I presume holiday offerings are largely geared toward repeat visitors.

I would be entirely fine with the Nightmare Before Christmas Haunted Mansion overlay because it is done extraordinarily well.

If Santa hats were put on all the animatronics in POTC it would be amusing but detracts from the experience for any first-time riders.

I believe WDW has too few holiday overlays, but an overlay like NBC completely changes the ride.

It is like if a first-time visitor came and Haunted Mansion was under refurbishment. Two entirely separate experiences.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom