Shuttle Launch

PhotoDave219

On one hand I would like to see the shuttle go up tonight so my buddy Dave doesn't have to set up his gear in an alligator infested swamp again but on the other hand I kind of hope that it will get delayed until this weekend so I can see it from WDW.

Heh.... the worst part, the absolute worst was the drive down the NASA causeway. 7 miles and 70 minutes to get to Titusville. 50 to get the rest of the way home.

The waves were breaking over the dunes by beach road, near the pad. Seas looked rough. IMO Saturday looks very doubtful. I'm hoping that sunday is realistic... although the day i keep hearing is Tuesday.

SallyShine

We saw a shuttle launch from the deck of the Wonder. It was about 5:30 am and we were already back in Port Canaveral. It was the most awsome thing I've ever seen! It launched right across the bay from us. The sky lit up like it was day time. I'll never forget it.

PhotoDave219

Well, the latest from the press site is it is 70/30 go. Crosswinds still a concern at the slf but there's a very positive vibe here.

A cool pic would be the shuttle rising over Mission Space ... or If anyone has a 200 and can run out to Liberty Square, a shot of the Spires of the castle with the shuttle streaking up would be neat.

Launch is 8:47 ... no fireworks will be happenin then.

Rabflmom

Wasn't as cool from my house in South Brevard. We just moved farther than I have ever lived from KSC. From here we saw the bright light light up the sky while shuttle was leaving the pad and saw it as it went up. It was cloudy and the clouds must have been really thick becaus we lost it shortly after lift-off instead of seeing it for 5-10 minutes in the sky like other night shots. We didn't even get to see the seperation. Definitely will go to the cape next time.

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
I live between Panama City and Pens. Florida. We were able to see the space shuttle go off. We saw the booster's come off, (which was amazing even from 7 hours away) and the shuttle shoot up to space . I hope wdwmagic users have some pictures to post from Walt Disney World of the launch.

Leaving in 7 days for WDW!!!!

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
WOW!!!! The landscape with those pictures (given it is the space shuttle going up) IS SO COOL!!!!!!! I bet it was amazing to see!!!! Great Pics. Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!!

CatLady

I live between Panama City and Pens. Florida. We were able to see the space shuttle go off.
Wow. They said that the launch would be visible to people on both coasts of Florida... I didn't realize they meant all the way up and down both coasts!!

It looked great from here in Orlando. Oddly, the NASA channel was actually about 8 seconds behind the local TV station, and nearly broke my neck running for the door so I would not miss it. It's a great time to meet the neighbors you haven't met, because nearly everyone was outside watching.

sknydave

I saw the launch from Tomorrowland. It was hard to get a decent view because of the sheer amount of people who were already bunched together for Wishes

Dixiegrl

I just moved to Clermont, Florida which is about 30 min. away from Disney World. While coming home from a Christmas play my family and I noticed that there were several people pulled over on the side of the road. We hurried up and pulled over because we knew the shuttle should be launching any minute. All of a sudden the eastern sky lit up with a gorgeous orange hue and we stood in awe of the shuttle taking off. This was the first time in my life to see a shuttle launch and it was definetly a sight to behold! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

PhotoDave219

Well my remote cameras F'd up - great shots of glowing smoke and my time exposure kinda sucked - looked like a nuke went off. Just wasnt what i had wanted. Baaah.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom