Show Your Teeth: Maelstrom or Frozen Overlay?

Which attraction should be present in the Norway Pavilion in a year?

• Maelstrom (either in current, updated, or expanded form)

Votes: 220 84.9%
  • A Frozen Overlay/Redo of Maelstrom

Votes: 39 15.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
I thought this should be put out there. Everybody has heard the rumors that Disney is actively looking into closing Maelstrom and inserting Frozen characters and scenery. So my question to the members of this forum is "which ride should be in Epcot a year from now and further on?" The classic, original, cultural Norway attraction, or the IP induced frolic through Arendelle? Please discuss below and vote above.

Mike S

You asked for it
image.jpg

This is my disapproval face.

DinoInstitute

If they turn Norway into a fictitious country, where do they draw the line? Is the rest of World Showcase then subject to converting real countries into fake ones, and showcasing places that don't exist?
Exactly, it wont make sense on any fronts. All it does is make little girls upset when they grow up and take geography and find out that Arendelle isn't a real country. I'm not sure yet though whether or not the whole thing being converted to toons I would be ok with also though, but maybe if they market it the right way.

Chef Mickey

As big as Frozen is, it too will pass and will never be as timeless as Maelstrom. If they HAVE to do a Frozen ride, it should be a new attraction, elsewhere. They don't always have to take something great away to ruin it with a movie theme attraction. That is lazy.

Last edited:

Beholder

Why stop with Frozen? Put Thor in there as well. He's close enough.

No, no more characters in EPCOT. Please. I've posted before about my personal feelings about Nemo in the LS and I just think the whole slap an IP or character onto an existing attraction in a place where that was NEVER intended is bad show. Just one guys opinion.

aladdin2007

Why stop with Frozen? Put Thor in there as well. He's close enough.

No, no more characters in EPCOT. Please. I've posted before about my personal feelings about Nemo in the LS and I just think the whole slap an IP or character onto an existing attraction in a place where that was NEVER intended is bad show. Just one guys opinion.

I'd prefer Thor myself, at least its still viking-ish.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom