Show Your Disney Side is real, yo!

asianway

Here are the ads Disney has been posting on their Pinterest. I like them better then the Disney Bounding ones above. They want people to hashtag their pictures and yours might be used for the ads.

648313611ef27a16da10c69bccea05d3.jpg

0aeba3004c500ea0d0219c57449e1bd5.jpg
ummm, are they actually using a Scooby Doo shirt in an ad?

hpyhnt 1000

I thought the ad was funny, but it seems Disney wants a bigger presence in online social media with the new #disneyside tag...I like the slogan too.

This. Its pretty clear SYDS (new acronym!) is less about directly trying to bring people into the parks then it is about free marketing for "Disney Parks." Put the social media hashtag there, set up an Instagram account and website, and get people to post pics of them showing their "Disney side." Disney amplifies its message by many thousands (possibly millions) of people all for minimal effort, basically the cost of a few TV ads.

Think about it. What is actually being offered as part of SYDS? There are no giveaways or new attractions or even special perks or discounts. Its all just an attempt use existing nostalgia and brand loyalty to generate social media hits. At least Year of a Million Dreams, Happiest Celebration on Earth, and Limited Time Magic offered guests something in return for their loyalty to Disney; this doesn't.

Show you my Disney side? How about show me a new attraction for Epcot, DHS and AK.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Will the nightmares coming from TWDC ever end, We just ought to turn the whole thing over to Jack Skellington at least his heart is in the right place...

Cmdr_Crimson

Ok, good. One can never be too sure on a message board. I've seen stranger things (don't make me tell you about my experiences on a my little pony forum years and years ago...the nightmares! ). And have met some of those....special people.
Woooooooooo boy.

Yeah..I have seen quite a few of them at some Cons and let me tell you...Awkward...Really Really Awkward..o_O

Soarin' Over Pgh

Yeah..I have seen quite a few of them at some Cons and let me tell you...Awkward...Really Really Awkward..o_O

I still have one up on you.

The annual Anthrocon is held in my city... Blocks from my job. So every year, for three days, purple gophers in less chaps, bunnies in sexy lingerie, ponies with miniskirts and generally terrifying cats, dogs and dragons walk by my office.

My therapist has suggested I take those days off, going forward....

So, wanna come to Pittsburgh? :D

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I still have one up on you.

The annual Anthrocon is held in my city... Blocks from my job. So every year, for three days, purple gophers in less chaps, bunnies in sexy lingerie, ponies with miniskirts and generally terrifying cats, dogs and dragons walk by my office.

My therapist has suggested I take those days off, going forward....

So, wanna come to Pittsburgh? :D

You really need to see the "Bay to Breakers" race in SFO if you want to be in therapy the rest of your life

Soarin' Over Pgh

You really need to see the "Bay to Breakers" race in SFO if you want to be in therapy the rest of your life

Is that the nudie run? Because I can bring my furries, you can bring the nudies, and we can have a helluva party going on.

Back on topic, I saw a guy this morning on the subway and all I could think of was how "Disney bound" his outfit was... he looked like Peter Pan. Only he was a grown man, with a suitcase, and a horrifically bad green suit. If my hands weren't full I would have photographed him in all his glory for ya'll.

Pretty sure it wasn't intentional, but.. geezus dude.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom