Show Stoppers

Married5Times

Original Poster
is there any single ride or show that would change your trip plans due to it being unavailable? Something so important as to make you reschedule or outright cancel your trip?

Dad: "I got really bad news: I just found out that Nemo and Friends is down indefinitely; what are we going to do about our trip in May?"
Mom: "OH NO!!! Let's just reschedule for early December and see if it reopens by then"

Raxel7851

is there any single ride or show that would change your trip plans due to it being unavailable? Something so important as to make you reschedule or outright cancel your trip?

Dad: "I got really bad news: I just found out that Nemo and Friends is down indefinitely; what are we going to do about our trip in May?"
Mom: "OH NO!!! Let's just reschedule for early December and see if it reopens by then"
Yeah, that’s not happening here. The only time we ever postponed a trip was in 2020 with the Covid issues.

NelleBelle

Nope! We’ve definitely been disappointed when attractions are down for refurbishment but you run into attractions being down unexpectedly for an unknown amount of time (eg Splash, just recently TT). Do there’s no guarantee and for us we’d rather plan around our schedules, airlines prices, and resort prices, oh and time of year!

JIMINYCR

No. We are used to having something closed due to a refurb or other issue. Prior to any new trip back we look in advance to see what might be off our list of attractions to do. We certainly are frustrated or upset to miss some fav thing we were hoping to do but that’s the way things go. We never see it as a reason to cancel, just the need to realign our plans and hope it’s nothing so major that we wont be too upset.

UNCgolf

They already removed most of my favorite attractions and I still go -- although not very often, especially not compared to many (most?) of the people on this forum. I've only been twice in the past decade and don't have any current plans to return.

With that said, if Spaceship Earth, Carousel of Progress, and Kiliminjaro Safari were all down I'm not sure I'd want to go.

For people that go once a year (or even more than once a year) it doesn't seem like any closed attractions would be a big deal since they're going to be back relatively soon.

StarWarsGirl

Not for WDW, but between greedy Genie and Toontown in DL being down in June, I was like...nevermind, not going this year. Given that Pirates has also been down, I'm extra glad I'm not going this year. I love their version of Pirates.

WDW...meh. I've seen it all, I'll see it again. If I don't see something in February, I'm going again in September. With your example, last year I went in May and was back in July...and again in September. It was a wild year.

Ansem

Flight of Passage, definitely. We go pretty often, so I know it’s not the end of the world, but Animal Kingdom is my favorite park hands down and I’d be sad to not have such a big part of a smaller selection of attractions to go see.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Mr Toad's Wild Ride oh wait, Snow White's Scary Adventures um...., Cranium Command oops, Great Movie Ride grrr, Malestrom hold on, Journey into Imagination, world of Motion, If You had Wings, Illuminations. Heck I could make at least a full day of things I miss but........................

Goofyernmost

Mr Toad's Wild Ride oh wait, Snow White's Scary Adventures um...., Cranium Command oops, Great Movie Ride grrr, Malestrom hold on, Journey into Imagination, world of Motion, If You had Wings, Illuminations. Heck I could make at least a full day of things I miss but........................
How about Timekeeper or 20K leagues', Alien Encounter, Hydrolators in the Seas and a few others but................ cost and greed became the stopper.

James J

In the Parks
No
Nope. Only Covid has kept us away, with our 2020 trip that was actually booked in April 2019 finally happening next month

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Some attractions would be a bummer but not a deal breaker. There are some things that we might tweak trip dates to do. Like if they brought back the old Starwars Symphony in the Stars fireworks every May, we'd work that into our schedule.

Our family doesn't go often (only once with our family of 5 - I went 3 times as a kid). I don't want to go again until Hoop Dee Doo is back up. It was so much fun last time, a highlight of our trip in 2018. I'd hate to miss it on our 2nd trip.

Married5Times

Original Poster
Show stoppers:

WDW: none
Hong Kong: none
Shang: none

DL Ananheim: Radiator Racers
Paris: Thnder Mnt, Phantom Manor
Tokyo: 7 attractions

GeoDonJac34

Two of my favorite attractions were down during our last trip, Splash and Everest. Definitely a bummer, but still had a great trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom