Shout Out to "El Rio del Tiempo"

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I like everything about this ride. The simplicity…the travel log…the saludos amigos usage (on the update)…the integration with the pavilion and restaurant (since we have nothing like a blue bayou in Florida…except coral reef)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Germany does too a bit, with its own romantic "night time" dining experience.

If we consider The Good Turn/Garden Grill as another variation of the theme, than its crazy how EPCOT has three "Blue Bayou" type restaurants. Further Proof of how wonderful the place was/is.
I really don’t see the blue bayou per se…

But I like all three of those spots.

Not a huge fan of bayou in Anaheim…but love it in Paris

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I think El Rio Del Tiempo was great and especially good in context of when it opened.

What I mean is that, when it first opened, there wasn't easy ways to get a "travelogue" guide of what Mexico was like. Cable TV Travel shows, VCR's and video stores, etc. weren't really a thing when this came out.

So yes, while later on it just seemed like a fun boat ride going through scenes of what you would see on a "travel show", but also had some good native mexican mythology stuff in the beginning.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I find it usually has a line. Not a large one, but long enough consistently to keep the boats mostly filled.
and thats why I believe we haven't seen the Coco overlay for it, because the popularity would probably go up substantially and wouldn't have a queue to handle that many guests (unless they went to permanent Virtual Queue *shudder*)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom