Should WDW offer the RC site to Dolly Parton for a new Dixie Stampede?

goofntink

Original Poster
MY wife and I were talking last night about the closing of Dixie Stampede here in Orlando,and a thought came across our minds,Should WDW offer Dolly Parton the Rc site for use to build her new place as she is looking to stay in the area and rebuild.We figure this would allow Disney to get rid of the eyesore RC has become,and wouldn't cost them a dime to do so, and at the same time would add another show and dining experience that everyone says WDW needs. Also a thought to consider is it would fit into the theme for the Wilderness Resort area.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think it would be a great idea. The theming fits perfectly for the area and I would love to see more diner shows at WDW. Actually I hope that if the rumored removals from PI are true that Disney would start putting a few dinner shows there as well.

I don't know if Disney would be hip on doing that.

I'm not to familiar with Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede...is it a dinner show, or just performing stuff?

If its a dinner show, I believe its a little too close to the Hoop-De-Do and the Barbecue at Fort Wilderness. Just seems like it would saturate the area and take a little too much from Disney's own shows/dinner.

If its only performances, then I would think Disney would be ok with it...maybe with a little name change?

I think something should be done in that area, but I don't know if the stampede would be the best.

KeeKee

Only if she promises not to kill us with those awful Christmas commercials year after year...

No more, Dolly, please!

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Actually, when I read that Dixie Stampede had shut down, and that Dolly wanted to remain in Orlando, I assumed that an alternate location must already be in place, but just can't be announced. I figured PI was a possibility.

eroyee

I say great idea. we love dixie stamepede. we have been many times in different states. I dont think another dinner show would hurt disney at all since this one is really different.

kimmychad

we went to the one in orlando, it was great paying $85 for the wife and i to be hearded in like cattle and have mediocre food. please dont bring this to disney

WaltsApprentice

we went to the one in orlando, it was great paying $85 for the wife and i to be hearded in like cattle and have mediocre food. please dont bring this to disney

Its gross food that comes out sometimes cold... and soo quick that you don't even have time to eat the last thing:hurl:. The show goes on all through while your eatting... were as Hoop De Doo pauses and lets you relax and eat. Plus the show focuses around the Civil war which has nothing to do with Fort Wilderness... Different time and location. Fort wilderness is more of the time period...or so I get... of exploring the great west..cowboys and native americans.... Nothing to the Civil War. I would prefer Hoop De Doo for this crap any day!:sohappy:

PeoplemoverTTA

What is Dixie Stampede all about?

My brother saw the show in TN on a road trip. From what he explained, it's like a variety show of sorts, with Civil War-type costumes, and a North vs. South aspect to it (which actually made him feel a bit uncomfortable....I mean, who would want to relive the Civil War?).

Captain Chaos

I can see it now.... As part of Disney synergy, they offer Dolly Parton a spot for her dinner show... However, a few changes have to be made... One: She is no longer Dolly Parton... Now she is Auntie Dolly... And instead of a Civil War era show, we get..... HANNAH MONTANA??? :eek: The horror!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom