Should WDW offer the RC site to Dolly Parton for a new Dixie Stampede?

Stellajack

Premium Member
Dixie Stampede

I've been to the Dixie Stampede in Myrtle Beach and Pigeon Forge as part of a group and both times I was counting the minutes until the end of the show! Being squashed between two people (in the extremely small seats) for dinner, no eating utensils for rock cornish hen, 1/2 potato, and corn on the cob while 30 horses and riders prance and race around the ring below is NOT my idea of an enjoyable dinner meal. Both times I came away feeling like Dolly Parton had pulled one over on a whole lot of folks! IMHO Disney is no place for Dolly"s Stampede. Say it ain't so, Mickey!

disnyfan89

I have been to both the original Dixie Stampede and the one here in Orlando. My family goes to see the show at least once every year. This is by far the BEST dinner show of its type available out there. Ten times better than Med. Times and a THOUSAND times better than Arabian Nights. I find the food to be above par as well. The show is entertaining and delightful and is not as closely tied to the civil war as you think it is.

Only if she promises not to kill us with those awful Christmas commercials year after year...

No more, Dolly, please!

Please please nooooooo!

NOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... please NO.

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

So how many of you have actually seen this show? Care to give us some reasons why you feel this show is so awful? What other shows have you been to that you can compare to your experiance if you have been? Facts make arguments and disscussions much better.

millercv said:
I can see the changes now...

"Two brothers on their way,
one wore blue and one wore grey.
Hope everyone enjoyed your stay
now here comes the dessert tray"

This made me laugh so hard! My family wanted to know what was so funny so I read it to them. They just looked at me with this blank stare. I guess they don't know the song. :shrug:

JeffH

We loved Dolly's Dixie Stampede

I have been to both the original Dixie Stampede and the one here in Orlando. My family goes to see the show at least once every year. This is by far the BEST dinner show of its type available out there. Ten times better than Med. Times and a THOUSAND times better than Arabian Nights. I find the food to be above par as well. The show is entertaining and delightful and is not as closely tied to the civil war as you think it is.
I agree, we saw this show for the 1st time during our Summer vacation along with Pirate's Adventure, Arabian Knights and Mickey's BarBQ. It was easily the best, while I though Mickey'sBBQ was easily the worst.
The preshow was (far) the best of the 3 as was the show.
The food was good and NOT cold.
We enjoyed it enough to make it a point to go to the Christmas show last week (12/29th), and I thought it was even better...and an awesome Christmas show as well.
I was a bit thrown by no utencils at the summer show, so I made a comment about it as we left, but at the Christmas show there was a real metal fork to use!!! Guess they listened.
I'm sure glad we got to see both shows before it was closed and I hope it comes back quick.
It would probably be better if it didn't go Disney, although it would be a great addition, since I get a great discount through AAA that I'm sure Disney would never offer.

disnyfan89

I agree, we saw this show for the 1st time during our Summer vacation along with Pirate's Adventure, Arabian Knights and Mickey's BarBQ. It was easily the best, while I though Mickey'sBBQ was easily the worst.
The preshow was (far) the best of the 3 as was the show.
The food was good and NOT cold.
We enjoyed it enough to make it a point to go to the Christmas show last week (12/29th), and I thought it was even better...and an awesome Christmas show as well.
I was a bit thrown by no utencils at the summer show, so I made a comment about it as we left, but at the Christmas show there was a real metal fork to use!!! Guess they listened.
I'm sure glad we got to see both shows before it was closed and I hope it comes back quick.
It would probably be better if it didn't go Disney, although it would be a great addition, since I get a great discount through AAA that I'm sure Disney would never offer.
I have also been to the christmas show and enjoyed it very much although I have to say I love the regular show more but Im not a big Christmas person. I also have to say that I don't care all that much for chicken and I hate it more if it is on the bone but I love their chicken!!! They also have the most amazing soup ever!

kimmychad

So how many of you have actually seen this show? Care to give us some reasons why you feel this show is so awful? What other shows have you been to that you can compare to your experiance if you have been? Facts make arguments and disscussions much better.

/quote]

i've seen the show. we left before it was over. the food was sub par, the entertainment was ok ,a couple of tricks here and there. worth $85? no. not even close.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom